A few random thougths on Episode 2.05 “Never Let Me Go”

“Never let me go” was all about forming couples, one way or the other. And handjobs.

My favorite quote is from Jessica: “You will be so sorry when I get an eating disorder!”

Sam and Sookie both met somebody very similar to themselves.

s2-22

Daphne turned out to be Bambi, and plays pool with Sam’s balls. But what’s with those nasty scratches on her back, she has to have some connection with Maryann.

Sookie met another telepath, but unfortunately he didn’t want to swap stories with her.

Terry and Arlene hooked up after the party, but had some awkward moments the morning after.

Sookie doesn’t seem to realize how serious the situation is. She says she does, but she keeps on smiling and immediately does something that she is not supposed to do.  Seems like Bill is living with two teenagers instead of one.
The blood Sookie drank from Bill in Fangtasia is doing wonders for her libido, the prey becomes the predator when she undresses him and sticks her hand in his jeans to remind him that protecting her is not his only desire. Jeans? Yes, Bill is wearing jeans!

desire

Hoyt and Jessica are really cute bonding over a comic book … really, really and then some more.

Jason meets his drill instructor and shows he is made out of leader material, while Sarah Newlin watches him lustfully. Turns out the Newlins aren’t the happy couple they pretend to be and that results in Sarah rewarding Jason with a handjob in the bathtub while she tells him about Jesus and Mary Magdalene.

bathtime

Maryann is sinking her claws deeper and deeper into Tara. Dressing up like Gran including apron and hairdo was really creepy.

Finally we get to see Godric and learn why he is so important to Eric. Godric is over 2000 years old, what are those tattoos? Aztek?

godric

I feel Bill was kind of emasculated this episode, he was only there in a supporting role for Sookie, serving her needs. And please….. dressing him in a bathrobe and have him say to the hot chick stroking his chest that he would be satisfied to just hold her??? You tell him Sookie, we are not satisfied by that, not one bit!

And then trouble comes strolling down the corridor. Lorena is back.

Tagged

July 22, 2009

I can understand bill asking sookie if she wants to take it easy if you refer back to the book scenaro of that night. In the show 2 other vamps are there at the meeting. In the books, she’s there for hours with a ton of people being interogated and her listening to their minds etc…(That was cause to be exhausted!) The show did nothing to support that scene. They just stuck that line in there. lol

July 22, 2009

I agree, it’s as though something was missing because of Bill saying “I will be happy to just hold you”. He is too much of a man to come off as such a wuss. It seemed to be said at the wrong time. Kind of like last seasons remark by Sookie saying that Bill was off dealing with Vampire politics when he was in trouble for saving her butt and trying to stay around to see her again! Sometimes I wonder what the writers are thinking. Or something was lost on the cutting room floor.

July 22, 2009

True, the Maryann story needs to reach a turning point. But you can’t deny that Michelle Forbes plays her so deliciously well, and she is a first class manipulator. Second only to Eric!
    How much you want to make a bet Eric captured Lafayette (in part at least) to use as a bargaining chip for Sookie’s services? Think about it.

Anyway, I do think Daphne has some tie to Maryann, and it’s no coincidence she locked sights onto him.

As for Dallas, I like seeing how Eric (being out of his element) deals with the internal political struggles of the another local vampire community. Seeing him lose his cool does make one feel uneasy. But listening to Stan’s cowboy drawl and pompous swagger in his voice can make anyone annoyed. Did anyone else notice the fact that Isabel and Stan wore contrasting colors as well as displayed different attitudes? Symbolic much!! Stan gives me the creeps. Could he be behind Godric’s disappearance? I think it’s possible, but he doesn’t seem all that bright to pull it off alone. It could also be possible Alan Ball wants us to view Stan as a red herring. It could very well be Isabel, or someone else.

Godric might even be a willing captive at LODI. After 2000 years, maybe he wanted to meet the dawn at the hands of his enemies rather than suicide.

And Jason’s happy ending is only the first step in a direction that will get him in hot water (again). No pun intended. LOL It’s usually not a good idea to have an affair with a woman whose husband has a basement full of weapons. Weapons that we all know will be used at some point. And quite soon I’m afraid.

As for Jessica and Hoyt, it’s refreshing to see that Sookie and Bill are not alone in trials of cross species dating. It is indeed cute. We’ll see how nosey Maxine Foytenberry likes people whispering about her son dating a vampire. That’s what you get for being a gossiping bitty. LOL

I can see the seeds for more action starting to be sewn when we see Lorena slinking down the hall. Sookie’s gonna have her hands full in the days ahead.

July 22, 2009

Well, Daphne is also a name from Greek mythology, a naiad who changed into a tree to escape apollo. Now that we know she is a supe also (the name they use in the books for supernaturals), it will be interesting to see exactly what relationship she has with Maryann. The storyline varies so greatly in the series, that I’m sort of enjoying not knowing, that Maryann isn’t this smelly, dirty woman 100% of the time, that she appears to have a posse who are quite devoted to serving her…. and there seems to be some reason she has hooked onto Tara & wants her and Eggs to hook up so badly. I was thinking that Eggs might be a supe as well, but it could be that Maryann can transform him into a minotaur as easily as she can cause Sam to change.

That Sam can’t automatically tell that Daphne’s a supe is a new twist in the plot as well… in the books they could all recognize each other. He hinted about the existence of werewolves, so they will most likely enter sooner than later…. Jaguars were also mentioned already, by the Sheriff when they were doing the autopsy on the voodoo lady. As Jason is in this camp, and Sarah Newlin is in Dallas in the next ep, it appears that the camp could also be in Dallas, and therefore Jason and Sookie might be destined to meet there as well on opposite sides of the playing field. That will be interesting… I was honestly hoping that Jason would turn Sarah down, that part disappointed a bit, must say.

July 22, 2009

i wasn’t happy overall with this episode. it seemed like another setup for future events rather than having much impact on it’s own. there were lot’s of good moments, but the flow was weird and i’m missing that intimate and dramatic feeling we got last season. i loved godric, isabel, sam and daphne (except sam’s reaction when she shifted was a bit off), jason’s happy ending, hoyt and jessica on the phone, and LORENA. why do i love lorena as a bill fan??? because i think bill is a bit too docile right now. i love seeing him and sookie in a mature loving relationship, but it’s leaving that storyline a bit in limbo. bill is my main focus and his only preoccupations are worrying over sex, having sex with sookie (which i love but they need to get back to the full on sex scenes, too much teasing), or daddying jessica. he needs some more drama. scenes with lorena will be hot. i am really tired of the maryanne storyline, it’s really boring to me. most people hate the fots stuff, but at least that’s funny. the maryanne storyline hasn’t paid off at all yet and the orgies were lame.

July 22, 2009

I’ts not mine either, Cocoablossoms.
      I need my Lafayette to have another AIDS burger moment. LOL

Yes, I agree with the fact that the Maryann story needs to speed up, or needs to start revealing much more. It’s creepy how she is now living in Sookie’s house. As far as the clothes go, it says to me that she is willing to pull any dirty trick, cross any line and push any button at her disposal. Now that has already been established we need to see where she plans on taking it.

And yes, it feels weird that the characters are on their own separate stories. Alan Ball did mention that it was a challenge. I don’t envy the writers’/directors’/actors’ jobs this season. It’s hard recapture chemistry, or keep it consistent, when you have a changing ensemble cast.

Let’s also keep in perspective that critics/viewers had issues with the first few episodes last season too. And it all paid off in the end.

I’m sure that as this season progresses AB will wow everyone with where he’s taking this to its endgame.

July 22, 2009

the first episodes are the ones i rewatch over and over. i watch them all repeatedly, but my favorites are 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7. but i felt like all the episodes, even the ones i like less, stood on their own. i felt like the people in bon temps were my famly and i was in on their secrets. i understand it will never be the same. but i think they need to improve on making things have more impact sooner. i don’t mind lots of storylines, but if they aren’t compelling each episode and it feels repetitive, that is a problem. i did like episodes 3 and 4 so far the best this season… haha i meant to say worrying over sookie, not sex, in that first post. big difference. you can tell where my mind goes when i think about him.

July 22, 2009

I didn’t see Bill as emasculated, just a bit repetitious. Sookie safe…vampires bad… But then again everyone is in repetition mode these days. Eric is all about Godric, Maryann is all about creepy, Tara is all about dumb, Jason is all about inappropriate sexual acts (again! finally!), Sam is all about banging a Merlotte’s employee, even Sookie is all about rushing into something and not thinking it through. I did feel like this episode was a bit of a holding pattern, but that changed when I saw the Queen of Mean flouncing down that hallway, in slo-mo no less.

Lorena is going to so mess with my Bill, so I didn’t mind him having a quieter episode this time. And I liked him offering to just hold Sookie, when you knew he wanted way more. I’m so flipping excited for the next episode, I can’t stand it!

July 22, 2009

it is all very repititous. and you are right about bill. it feels like right now his only thoughts are protecting sookie, disciplining jessica, or hating vampires. i’m glad to see the kink back in jason’s life too. i like jason’s character. i know most people don’t but i heart him. i just think his storyline could have the same impact with less screentime. godric was awesome to me because he brought back that quietly menacing and gothicly beautiful mood we had in the first season. like when bill glamoured the cop. we need more moments like that. the over the top stuff is fine, but it should be balanced again with the small town creepiness.

July 22, 2009

I suspect Daphne is a minion of Maryann. No way would she leave Sam unscathed. Who is the pig? Eggs? Wake up Tara and trust your instincts. Welcome to Sookie’s flop house. Is Maryann going to interact with the vamps? In the books they were scared of her. Pick up the pace please. Come back to us Lafayette though that may be difficult as you have made a deal with the devil. Maxine back off or Hoyt will die a virgin in his room with his comic books. More Jessica please. Isabel is fab but Stan is unrecognizable. He reminds me more of Stan’s second in command in the books. I can’t recall his name and I have loaned all my books out. Barry, good casting. I think some of the disconnects mentioned might slip by anyone that hasn’t read the books but we spot them pronto. They are awkward. Eric’s meltdown was interesting and he looked like a chastised child when he admitted Godric was his maker. Maybe because he exposed a weak link in his armor. Cohorts with Lorena, a new low. Last but not least: Could Sookie make things more difficult for Bill? No wonder Bill feels like it’s all spinning out of his control. He’s too indugent with her in his fear of losing her. He needs to unleash the vamp in him just wee bit to get her attention. I know Lorena will make for great drama but my poor Bill. I’ll keep a stake handy just in case. ;)

July 22, 2009

it’s odd that in some ways sookie has matured but in other ways she is more childish. her relationship with bill and all the events from last season have given her more strength and insight. but all this new found confidence is backfiring when she impliments it. she is a very enthusistic girl, but her gung-ho attitude always leads to more trouble. she is also starting to think she knows what’s best because she is now a “woman”. her wanting independence is great, but she needs to listen more. i know that won’t happen though because if she did what she should we wouldn’t have all this drama brewing around her. i think part of the reason bill is too soft with her now, isn’t just love. i also think he feels guilty for bringing her into his dangerous world. i mean she has almost been killed how many times??? but now she is more than willing to get involved more than she should. and she is so horny now it cracks me up.

July 22, 2009

I thought Eric looked lost, stricken and quite vulnerable when he admitted Godric was his maker. Who wouldn’t have wanted to try to comfort the alabaster god in that scene (especially me!). Vulnerable is NOT a side of Eric that we have gotten to see before (only later in the books).
    I am a bit surprised at the plot twist that (may) have him being at the core of bringing Lorena into the mix. I didn’t expect her intrusion this early in the show.
    I enjoyed this episode, for what it portends for the furure episodes.
    I keep wondering why the h- doesn’t anyone just ask Daphne about the big ugly scars. Could anyone just ignore that – really??

July 22, 2009

I agree with several things already mentioned. This episode was a bit weak and promised instead of delivering.

Sam’s reaction was a bit overdramatic. It bugged how a shapeshifter who spends half his time as a dog did not smell the animal in Daphne. It struck me as careless from the writers. Aside from that, I’m starting to like her better, and can’t wait to see where her story with Sam leads to.
    Maryann is beginning to get boring and predictable. Reminds me of Jasmine from “Angel”, in the end every fan just wanted the nut dead and gone.

The FOS storyline is very interesting imo, and the Jason-Sarah liasion was carefully drafted this season through looks and body language, which is refreshing (this is after all Jason we’re talking about, and watching him lust after someone and refrain himself was great to watch).
    Rev. Newlin ignoring Sarah when she’s obviously committed heart and soul to the cause (I didn’t see HIM attending training with the “recruits” before sunrise…he may talk a lot about guns and stakes, yet comes off more like a spoiled boy playing with his toys)was another good move from the writers. That woman is clearly a leader, no matter how Stepford Wife she acts. I think her scene wih Jason was great…except for the handjob. It seemed a bit cheap for her. And don’t churches usually condone masturbation?

I’m LOVIN Sookie! She’s shedding the damsel-in-distress without losing the dame. She faced the crazed vamps without even blinking and is taking a much more active role in her relationship. Jessica is wonderful and hilarious, I love her. Can’t wait to see her meeting Maxine.

Overall, I think one of the best parts was Eric. Seeing him lose control was saddening, with him so used to being the strongest around, either by status and/or age and realising how little he was doing for Godric. His memories, and especially the look on face when he told Bill about Godric was a bit heartbreaking.

And what the heck was that bit about him telling Lorena they both “wanted the same thing”?? Wonder how Bill will get rid of her.
    A little trouble is always fun, but dangerous Bill-obsessed (and maker, of all things!) vamp is a walking neon sign for either “Sookie will have another near-death experience thanks to Bill” or “Bill and Sookie major fight – again – caused by hungry (female) vampire…again”. Urgh.

July 22, 2009

Just a few thoughts: I miss aids burger Lafayette, and spunky, tell-it-like-it-is Tara. I know they both have issues they’re dealing with, but they are too subdued by far for me. Sookie is doing a good job taking charge. And Bill, darling Bill, I find a bit on the quiet side these days. I want more of that vamp power and some hot lovin’ with his Sookie. Stan has no more interest in Godric than the man in the moon (to my way of thinking). He just wants to annihilate and drink blood. I’m enjoying the Hoyt/Jessica relationship. And I hope something comes of the Arlene/Terry hook up that began at Tara’s birthday party. They both have issues, so who knows. I hope the Maryann-inspired orgies are at an end. Three is plenty (read “too many”) for me. I want more Andy and Bud … both are excellent actors. I’m finding the FoTS story line a bit wearisome, but I appreciate Ryan Kwanten and what he brings to the screen.

That’s it for now.

July 22, 2009

Unfortunately the Maryann Orgies are not over. I know an extra in one of them and she has not yet appeared. And what she told me happened in the scene hasn’t yet happened either. All I can say is, Daphne, is not a good guy…lol

July 22, 2009

I hear what everyone is saying about this episode. Granted it’s wasn’t the best this season.

However, I don’t believe this season in general is lacking any of its original excitement. And I even read that some people are threatening NOT to continue watching (not on this site, of course) this show. For whatever their reasons. I really hope that people aren’t going to throw the whole batch out just because one cookie is a little burnt.

Even the greatest shows have a few misses.

Let’s not forget that.

July 22, 2009

i am totally committed to the show and it’s still my favorite. it’s like being in love. we are fighting right now, but i still love it, it’s just going through an awkward phase. most of my patience is due to stephen/bill. but i am invested in my bon temps family too.

July 22, 2009

We all have such different takes it’s almost like we’re not watching the same show.

This episode was one of my favorites from both seasons so far.

July 22, 2009

I agree I really enjoyed this episode. The Sookie and Barry stuff did it. Then all the great Eric stuff we got. I liked seeing part of his past and seeing how he was in life a little bit.

July 22, 2009

Man, my response is not nearly as researched or well thought out…I’m just completely falling inlove with Sam Merlottle, lol. That pool table scene really did me in, such a cutie.

July 22, 2009

sam is hot. i liked the pool table scene too. some people didn’t like the rack and balls. i thought it was goofy and hot at the same time. they have good chemistry. we haven’t gotten to see this from sam. the kisses with sookie and the sex with tara were both way complicated. sam needed just pure good fun and understanding. it was nice to see him carefree. i know this will end in doom but he should enjoy it while it lasts.

July 22, 2009

and here i thought the rack and balls thing was hilarious. i guess you would have had to have a pool table to see the fun in it. and churches condoning masturbation. i reckon i will indeed go to heaven. LOL. i don’t get why people are dissecting this season like a frog. i love the show, and yes some of the things in it are boring (eggs/tara/maryanne), but mostly i am not disappointed except in the first episode. see, i love all these people and the way AB handles it. i’ve always said i wanted bill to be alpha and aggressive, but get shot down by “i loves yous”, ect. my new interest is godrick. i reckon i’m a child molester, but there’s something about that 2000 year old (whew, i’m not going to jail) that turns me on. and i like the hand action this w/e. drew, where are you and what is your take on all this? i would like a man’s opinion here.

July 22, 2009

Godric is a creature of the night and kinda spooky as he should be. OK Eric lovers don’t sharpen your viking helmet horns. This is just my opinion so please don’t feel the need to defend him. I liked Eric’s flashback. Eric was turned at what age? 30ish? I just feel he would look more rugged because he would have been in many battles and raids by that age. At sometime he would have sustained serious wounds. Life was very hard then. TB has such great makeup artist I wish they would have added a scar ot two to make him look rugged and battle worn. CH wrote him unblemished as well. Doesn’t make sense to me. Eric doesn’t scare me. AS is a handsome guy and a good actor but looks a little too glossy to have been a real viking. A scar or two would only enhance his persona.

July 22, 2009

Well, we haven’t REALLY had a chance to see him with his shirt off yet. LOL

And NO- I don’t count being naked in the tub. Too dark.

July 22, 2009

re shirt off yet…. hence, my earlier comments on the vaults pic of eric with his skirt on. come on, lets let eric get laid for gods sake! at least a hand job? LOL

July 22, 2009

more SHOWER scenes, thanks! Well if I had my way …(comments deleted due to lewd content)…and that’s all I have to say about that!

July 22, 2009

I loved this episode. Really. I am surprised so many people didn’t like it. It was definitely a catalyst for what is to come. It set up so many confrontations and plots that it was almost hard to keep track. I thought the Sookie/Bill scenes were sweet and romantic. I like Sookie taking charge. She reached right in there for what she wanted at one point! LOL. MaryGran at the end was really freaky. Sookie is not going to like those people living in her house, Tara.

Lorena at the end was truly creepy. Interesting that it appears Eric has invited her to Dallas….previews can be deceiving, but still…can’t wait until Sunday.

July 22, 2009

I’m with you. When the episode was over, I said to myself – that was one of the best I’ve seen. I loved the pacing, the tender moments between Bill and Sookie, Sookie showing us how brave and gutsy she is – go girl! A different side to Eric. I thought it was a really wonderful episode.

July 23, 2009

“She reached right in there for what she wanted at one point!”

LOL! That she did. I still want to be Sookie/Anna’s hand in that scene…

July 22, 2009

I also loved this episode – as much as I loved “Scratches”! I LOVE the Bill and Sookie moments and wish there were more and unedited! Bill is sooo much in love and I think that after that big fight in “Scratches”, he blames his anger in almost getting Sookie Killed, so hence the “softly softly” approach. I love Sookie taking charge! Go Girl!!!

July 22, 2009

I love love love Sookie right now. Yes, she can act a little immature. But a few weeks earlier no one was willing to barely talk to her. Mentally, I think she is still stuck a bit in teenage mode, since she never had earlier relationships to hone her social skills.

But now, I think she’s maturing a good deal. Notice how she was the calm, fascinated one, not Barry? The “walking in my shoes” line to me showed a level of sympathy for Bill in her that is new, and I like it. And anyone else think she was the only one actually thinking of a plan at the vampire summit. Stan and Isabelle bickered, Bill glowered around, and Eric was all sentimental and reminiscing.

A slight peeve. Poor Bill seemed to get some pretty clunky writing. This mushy Bill is sweet, but it’s also getting tiresome, and I think Sookie’s getting a bit tired of it too. I love when we have playful, vivacious, smiling Bill, like during the “only desire” scene.

Jason’s storyline is giving me the creeps. The whole drill instructor thing seemed out of place to me. And Tara has to be under some sort of spell. The real Tara from season one would have told her and Eggs to get bleeped four seconds after showing up at the Stackhouse place.

As for Sookie’s libido, she did ingest a lot of Bill’s blood after the maenaid attack. And she is Jason’s sister. She’s my eye candy on the show, so I don’t mind allergic-to-clothes Sookie one bit. ;-)

July 23, 2009

i like sookie too. i think she is exactly what she is supposed to be. i feel she gets hated on a bit much by fans. females leads usually get the most criticism and she is no exception. she is naive, self centered, and impulsive. she is also sweet, sassy, and adventurous. her character is suposed to be naive and kooky. that’s why get all this awesome drama surrounding her. if she didn’t make lots of mistakes we would be missing out on a lot. because of her we also get to see bill be romantic or vamp out. both good things. i agree that i’m getting tired of him just doting on her recently. but i am starting to cut that slack and realize it’s because she’s almost gotten killed and abducted recently. he just needs more to focus on in the future. LORENA!!!

July 23, 2009

drew, she ingested so much blood during that epi, i even got some of it in me! like the reasoning that she is jason’s sister. ps, we wouldn’t want sookie getting a rash, so the clothes off a good thing. it makes bill take his clothes off and hence, none of us get a rash!

July 24, 2009

Oh Drew, “allergic-to-clothes Sookie”. LOL

July 22, 2009

Remember when “1st Season-1st Episode Bill” told Sookie she has other juicy arteries that he’d enjoy, particularly near the groin? THAT is the Bill I miss and love.

July 22, 2009

Yeah me too. I love the tender lovey dovey stuff but I just want him to amp up the vamp a bit. Sookie is no doubt his weak link and he is so fearful for her and of losing her. He is consumed with guilt as well. It’s tough being a vampire with a heart and conscience.

July 23, 2009

just come right out and say it bbb! you want him to go down town now don’t you???? and get a parking permit!

July 22, 2009

IMHO – Weakest episode of the season ….so far and I only say that because it seemed to be a bridge to the next episode, not because it wasn’t good.

That “nice balls”/”nice rack” talk between Daphne and Sam – GOD AWFUL! Another terrible line when Sookie says something like ( paraphasing ) “I don’t know whether to fall asleep or scream ?” when talking to Stan & Isabel in the living room …. Did anyone think that line was appropriate? I wonder what the actors thought of having to say those lines?

Now let me tell you about that things that I DID love about Epi 5 ……

I loved the scenes with Sookie and Bill – all of them.

I loved the scenes with Sookie and Barry – that kid ( Chris ) needs to be made a regular working in Bon Temps. I thought his acting was superb! Chris Coy is going places.

I loved the scenes with Eric – all of them. It’s about time to unleash Anders Skarsgard from his constraints. I know the kid can act, the problem is that he has not been giving enough screen time and material to show us. The revelation of giving Eric something to want and care about would be a phenom ….I hope we get this in S3. There is nothing wrong with making Eric well… likeable. I want to see that emotion from both the character and the actor. And put this kid upfront in the credits – why is he in alphabetical order with the rest of the suporting cast?

I loved the scene with Eric/Godric ( Allan Hyde ) – I thought he was intriguing. I look forward to seeing him more in the future episodes.

I must say that Ryan Kwanten is a fantastic actor…. He doesn’t get half the credit he deserves. He has a comedic timing that is precious.

I also must say that I prefer Alan Ball to write and direct but I do prefer the Trifecta Genius of Michael L(D) , Romeo T(DP) and Brian B /Raelle T (W)….

I love that Daniel Minahan’s work always looks like a fine piece of art. S2E1 the Sookie and Bill scene was done so beautifully – like I was looking at a Monet. It helps that Anna looks like a fine piece of sculpted marble. (gorgeous)

I loved Scott Winant’s interpretation of Epi 3 Scratches written by Raelle – what a great episode !

And what more can I say about Episode 4 – AWESOME! I think we know why – the helming genius of Alan Ball writing and Michael directing… It was so much fun after three very dark episodes – It came at the right time.

I am looking forward to the rest of the season. I would love to get a 2 hour Season Finale… I’ll put it on my Make a Wish list.

July 23, 2009

A lot of the dialogue was incredibly clunky. It reminded me that Nancy Oliver wrote that truly awful line last season when Sookie told Sam she wasn’t looking in his head she was looking in his heart. That was gawdawful. Who says that stuff?

July 23, 2009

i didn’t like the way the “huddle” with stan, isabel, eric and bill was either. i expected sookie to stamp her foot and say she wanted to go home! i would have not thought they would have even entertained the idea of a human in the center of the conversation. remember they wouldn’t let sookie even show up at the tribunal. and do they even have a tribunal in dallas? or all they all at their own bar, riding the fake bull vampire? stans cowboy hat does not fit him. his pants aren’t tight enough either. and re the tattoo’s on godric… thanks for the origins of them, now lets see where the one on the back ends up……….

September 10, 2009

What are the origins of his tattoos?

July 24, 2009

Can’t stand the writer. She is the weakest writer for TB and shouldn’t be allowed near the show again with a pen. Notice the sharpness of Epi 4 compared to this one, the difference is marked. And she wrote Bill as a nutless wonder last season as well. Remember Jessica kicking his ass in Epi 11 etc…okay it was funny, but not true to character. Neither is Bill passing up the opportunity for a damn good shag. So I kind of understand some of the people saying he’s a bit p*ssy whipped in this episode.

July 22, 2009

I agree with most of what has been said. This episode seemed a bit thin in content, the theme revolving around parents/makers/partners rather than dramatic conflict/action. We see Sam and Sookie find their “other”, Eric reveals his maker and Tara continues to seek the nurture/parenting she craves from the wrong source. Poor Bill will soon have to wrestle with his maker, Lorena, stalking down the hallway in ominous slo-mo. This should be interesting. Bill’s blood is making Sookie quite randy (who could blame her?) and we finally get to see Eric show some emotion – his bored coolness was not doing the actor any favors – let the man act!

July 23, 2009

I completely agree with SterlingSilverCharm’s excellent remarks about Epi 5. Can’t underestimate the importance of good writing–the actors can only try and do their best with the words they’re given to say. It kind of makes you appreciate the genius of Alan Ball all the more, as well as the other writers and directors mentioned–Raelle, Daniel and Scott.

July 23, 2009

Loved the story of Eric’s turning. Favorite part of this episode.
    Never seen Bill so melancholy, with such a sense of foreboding. Then Lorena came around the corner, rocking that ‘kick ass-take names’ walk. Now we know why. Loved Miss Isabel and the Latin flavor. Isn’t it cute? As soon as all the boys are out of the room, she and Sookie talk boyfriends! Yay! Terry gets some love! Having Maryanne-Tara re-prise Sookie-Gran dialogue was pure genius. Like an alternate, evil universe. And Tara. Tara, Tara, Tara, Tara. On what other planet but TB would you ever be a *ick-whipped chick? None! Snap out of it! I know a lot of folks were disappointed, but I liked this episode and agree about the ‘partnering’ theme. A lot of people who deserved it got some love! I’m just sad that Bill’s former partner is back too!

July 23, 2009

Godric’s tattooes are not at all Aztec. They are pure Asatru/Odinist. He wears a heavy Thor’s Hammer necklace and sports two bands of Runes on his right arm. I can easily discern the Leben-Rune, the Ger-Rune, the Odal-Rune, the Tyr-Rune, and the Toten-Rune (among others). This makes his origins fully Germanic/Scandinavian/Nordic tribal.

July 23, 2009

Hajnalka – MY GOODNESS FRIEND I think I know you !!! I have not seen you in ages (since last November) on the HBO Boards, is that correct ???

IIRC you wrote that beautiful post about Bill going out into the light abd all about the Season Finale…. the closing of a full circle. AM I CORRECT ?

July 23, 2009

Yes, that is/was me, alte Kamerad. It is good to ‘see’ you again, as well; and I’m quite impressed that you still remember that post of mine so long ago. I do still visit the HBO Boards (when my hectic schedule allows), but only one thread — ‘The Speculation Train’ (it’s in the Member Created Threads section). The ‘Railcar’ is the unofficial Head Shed/Think Tank of the TB Boards, and so I occasionally post there. Perhaps I shall also see you there sometime…

July 23, 2009

Oh Hajnalka – you MUST come over to the Yuku board! You will be my first invite. I LOVE YOUR MIND. I know you are quite busy but you can come and go as you please. I would love to “talk” to you some more in private. Email me at Sterlingsilvercharm@yahoo dot com and I will give you instructions about how to get on. I will be so excited if you come!

September 10, 2009

What is the ornate “necklace” tattoo on his chest, that drapes on his shoulders/collarbones? Do you know – or is that the Thor’s Hammer necklace you were talking about?

July 23, 2009

I liked this episode because I beleive its a set up for the rest of the season.
    Sam/ Daphne- she definitely is linked to MaryAnn-watch out Sam!
    Bill/Sookie- their relationship is growing in a different way right now because Bill feels he needs to protect Sookie and Jessica. He looks like he’s under alot of stress hence the reason why we don’t see much steamy love scenes now.
    Tara/Eggs- don’t trust him!
    Tara/MaryAnn- Watch out Tara she’s using you to get to something or someone else and it won’t be pretty!
    Jason/Sarah- she’s a slut and definitely will get Jason in hot water soon!
    Eric/Godric- Eric just wants to find his daddy! (Actually Eric looks like he could be Godric’s daddy!)
    Bill/Lorena- I think she’s going to be around just long enough to bust Bill’s chops then disappear till season 3.
    Sookie/Eric- we’ll have to wait and see!