The 22nd Annual Virginia Film Festival, set for November 5-8 at venues throughout Charlottesville, will offer up some 80 films and more than 100 guests to shed light on an array of topics ranging from the funny business of comedy, business, politics, wine and more.
The Virginia Film Festival is presented by University of Virginia’s College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences.
This year’s guest list will include:
• Three-time Academy Award nominee Annette Bening and Tony and Emmy Award-winning actress Cherry Jones joining director Rodrigo Garcia and producer, U.Va. alum Julie Lynn, to present a sneak preview of their acclaimed new film Mother and Child
• Cult film pioneer John Waters – Presenting his acclaimed one-man multimedia lecture “This Filthy World” on Friday at 4:30PM in Culbreth Theatre in the second annual U.Va. Arts Assembly; and Pink Flamingos and Hairspray on that evening – at 7 and 10PM at Newcomb Theater.
• Academy Award-winning Director Norman Jewison – Presenting a 30th Anniversary screening of …And Justice for All, and The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming
• Matthew Broderick -Premiering his new film Wonderful World as the festival’s closing night film, along with the famed dark comedy Election
• Writer/Director Alan Ball (writer, American Beauty and creator, Six Feet Under and True Blood) – Presenting a 10th Anniversary screening of American Beauty and a special discussion of his runaway HBO hit True Blood.
Read more about this event by clicking here.