Anna Paquin wants to be a “California babe”.

58169867shadaliza8252009112610am

‘True Blood’ actress Anna Paquin wants to become a ”California babe” but admits she needs to learn to drive first.

The 27-year-old actress – who dyed her hair blonde for the part of Sookie Stackhouse in US vampire series ‘True Blood’ – is keen to morph into a tanned beach goddess, and is prepared to lie about her credentials if necessary.

She said: “I love being on the West Coast for the show, I like being near the ocean and I want to learn to surf.

“I’m fully transforming into the California babe, but I still don’t drive. I ride my bike. It’s becoming less socially acceptable for me not to have a driver’s licence. The drop-end cut-off is 30. If I’m not driving by then I have to start lying about it.”

Anna, who recently announced her engagement to her co-star Stephen Moyer, has also opened up about her relationship.

She insists the reason many Hollywood romances fail is because the people can’t find enough time to spend together.

Anna said: “What makes relationships so difficult with my job is all the travelling and being away from your significant other.

“My job’s always been my life, but the older you get, the less you want it to be your whole life.”

Source

September 04, 2009

I understand her feelings. I didn’t learn to drive until I was 25! Finally I was ready and tired of walking, taking public transportation or finding rides. I would recommend a driving instructor, someone who is impartial, not a loved one… Good luck Anna!

September 04, 2009

I have a driving story as well. I did not learn until my late 30’s (never needed a car living in Chicago). And I’m so old that there was no Drivers Ed available in my high school.

But home in the suburbs with small children and no way to get around was another story. I went to a community Drivers Ed program, which worked nicely for me. Go for it, Anna!

September 04, 2009

I’m 23 and I can’t drive either and I don’t plan to learn for a long time :-)

September 04, 2009

I’m 30 and a native New Yorker – still don’t have my license :)

September 04, 2009

I’ve been driving since I was 15 and half. I guess it depends on where you live, transportaion needs and availablity. I can’t imagine not being able to get in your car to go when and where you want. Of course non drivers avoid the cost of buying and owning a car. I have no idea what public transportation cost or even a cab ride. LOL
    You can do it Anna.

September 04, 2009

I was driving by the time I was 17 y/o. I live in Houston,TX and you need transportation. It is expensive to own a vehicle,but it is worth it. Driving allows you to be independent. Everyone I’ve known has wanted to drive by the time they are 14 or 15 y/o. I think Anna will learn and enjoy the freedom it brings..

September 04, 2009

I’m so happy she has found Stephen and he her that makes this quote resonate. Priorities!

September 04, 2009

I got my driver’s license on my 16th birthday and it was the coolest thing. Anna, go for it, girl! It’s easier than you think!

September 04, 2009

So glad I’m not the only one! I’m 25 and I still don’t have my license. I can ‘drive’ (grew up on a farm) but I moved to a capital city when I was 17 and public transport is ample. Plus, cars and all their associated costs are too expensive for me to justify getting one.

September 04, 2009

Anna knows her priorities and the key to true happiness (Stephen); I would too girlfriend!

September 04, 2009

Anna obviously as better things to do with her day than learning how to drive, and the bike riding is keeping her legs in shape.

September 06, 2009

I was thinking the same thing. Though I fear as she becomes more recognizable she may have to drive because “the Pap” do not seem to respect safety boundaries while she’s riding her bike.

September 05, 2009

I was 26 when I got my licence. If I had my way again, I would not have gotten it. It is less stressful and cheaper without a car!!