‘Beyond The Pole’ premieres at Warsaw Film Festival

‘Beyond The Pole’ directed by David L. Williams and starring Rhys Thomas, Stephen Mangan and Alexander Skarsgård will have it’s world premiere tonight at the Warsaw Film Festival.

beyondthepole2

The drama/comedy tells the story of a documentary film crew that follows the first carbon neutral, organic, vegetarian expedition ever to attempt the North Pole. Simultaneously Saving the Planet and getting into the Guinness Book of Records Brian and Mark hope to kill two birds with one stone. Unfortunately, they have never done anything like this before. Luckily they are followed by Steve, their hardened arctic cameraman, to follow their journey for the digital channel, Adventure Plus. That is until they shoot him. No one said saving the planet would be easy. But does it have to be this hard? This mockumentary is ‘Touching the Void’ with laughs and ‘Withnail and I’ on ice. Funny and subversive, it’s the story of two men trying to find their place in the world before the end of the world.

More information on the Warsaw Film Festival website.

October 14, 2009

We all know Alex is a good actor, but can he stretch to play a Norwegian?

October 14, 2009

Yeah, he probably just has to “tweek” his Swedish accent a little. lol Plus I’m sure he does his homework for the role.

October 14, 2009

He sounds vewy vewy Swedish here…and I just LOOOOVE IT. Oh to use Askarz as a human blanket in chilly times like today…mrawr.

October 27, 2009

People who aren’t Scandinavian probably can’t tell the difference (or care! lol) But he definitely speaks Norwegian here. He even speaks English with a distinct Norwegian accent. I don’t know how he does it! I could never do that with Swedish.

October 14, 2009

It’s awesome first Metropia, now Beyond the Pole is WFF. I’m going to see this on Saturday probably.

October 14, 2009

It really is astounding as to how many movies he has been doing, sometimes 2 at a time.

October 15, 2009

this is a hard working man… but as much projects as he does, he makes sensible choice of his career, good for him. I mean even just a small role in Zoolander, who wouldn’t remember Meekus’ “Orange mocha frappuccino?”

October 15, 2009

Gosh darn, there is just so much I could do with the title of this movie. But I know Shad will just delete me, so I’ll be good.

AS certainly has been keep his days filled with acting jobs hasn’t he? I’ll bet this is really a good movie.

See Shad, I was good. Anyhow, I know you don’t feel well and I don’t want to put any added stress on your now. I wuv you.

October 15, 2009

What a fun movie! I’ll certainly have to keep a lookout for this one at my local indie film house. Mr. Skarsgard has been a busy bee…loved seeing his Dad too in MaMa Mia & guest starring on Entourage. Can’t wait for S3…cuz I think things will heat up a little with Eric & Sookie. I’ll always be Team Bill…but it is nice to mix things up a little.

October 15, 2009

This looks like a funny movie. I’d love to see it. But since I live in the butt crack of the U.S. I’m sure it won’t come to my local theater.