Bill and Sookie dance in True Blood’s season finale

Shooting in Louisiana, where temperatures soared to nearly 100 degrees, was not an easy task for the True Blood cast and crew but it helped the actors get into character.

“It makes you move slower, which is interesting for character,” Stephen Moyer said. “I understand now why people move so slow down here.”

“You have to move slower, or you’ll pass out,” Anna Paquin said, laughing.

Because of the heat, a medic was on hand to give out water and Gatorade, and the cast had to be transported by van the few blocks between base camp and the shooting location in Clinton because it was too hot to walk.

Still, said the show’s executive producer, Gregg Fienberg, “It was a great town. It worked really well for what we needed.”

After the Clinton shoot, production shifted indoors to the Stockade Bed and Breakfast in Baton Rouge. Once a Civil War stockade, the B&B is listed on the National Register of Historical Places as an archaeological site.

The Stockade’s great room — an open space with a balcony, baby grand piano, large wood-burning fireplace and floor-to-ceiling glass wall — was transformed into a restaurant for the shoot. A nearby breakfast room, filled with antiques and hummingbird and botanical prints, became a makeshift studio for directors and script supervisors to watch the scenes unfold on monitors.

The sequence shot on this day was a dance scene. Paquin, in a sundress with her hair in a sleek up-do, and Moyer in black suit, do a modified jitterbug to the Jerry Lee Lewis song “Before the Night Is Over.” Between takes, the actors chill out in a back room at the B&B where stylists touch up their makeup.

Footage from the Louisiana shoot will appear in upcoming episodes and the season finale, set to air on Sept. 13, which is expected to include the dance scene.

source

July 21, 2009

September 13, huh? I guess we’re getting another 2 week break later this season. It will definitely be worth it though.

July 21, 2009

I wonder if this is the special dress that Anna needed fitted for? She mentioned it in an interview.

July 21, 2009

And it’s apparently a special scene according to her. She said she was going to be fitted for a special dress, for a special scene :-)

July 21, 2009

Yep, we’re getting another break (Labor Day at the start of September probably). I’m reading this as them still being a happy couple at the season finale. Yeah!

July 21, 2009

I’m reading this the same way, Drew, and seconding your “Yeah!” I am so looking forward to their dance together.

July 21, 2009

I hope they are happy at the end too. I got all nervous seeing that Lorena in the hallway last Sunday. She’s bad news! And the dance sounds like great fun!

July 21, 2009

I feel your pain Lori. When Lorena rounded that corner my mouth dropped open and all I could say was: oh hell, oh hell, oh hell NO!!!!

July 21, 2009

Bill does the jitter bug? That will be priceless I can’t wait. Wait, yes I can because that will mean the season is over, and I’ll go into withdrawal again.

July 21, 2009

That was my first thought as well – the jitterbug?? I just can’t see the very still Bill doing this. I figured if they danced it would be more subdued like a waltz or something. This is gonna be so much fun!!

July 23, 2009

well, technically, he will have to breathe if he does the jitterbug, modified or not!

July 21, 2009

It does say “modified” jitterbug. Maybe the Bill version is close to the waltz? LOL!

July 21, 2009

this will be adorable. maybe it will go down in pop culture as one of those iconic couples dances like the pulp fiction sequence. sweet!!! they better have rhythm haha. actually they could make it dorky and cute too i’m sure.

July 21, 2009

This tidbit makes me happy, as I agree that makes it look like they are together at the end of Season Two, sigh!
    I really didn’t like seeing Lorena at the end of the last episode. Now I almost regret reading all of the books after I saw Season One. I haven’t been this obsessed with a fictional character (Bill, of course) in years, OK never!!! Alan Ball, please don’t break up Bill and Sookie, or at least don’t do it for long, as I couldn’t bear it. I am looking forward to the dance though.

July 21, 2009

In the movie “Entrusted” Stephen dances just a little bit. He is graceful, definitely looks like he can dance! ( Not a great movie by the way but Stephen is wonderful as always )

Is there anything SM can not do? I am looking forward to seeing them dance together but also sad because that will be the end of the season.

July 21, 2009

He danced in The Grand as well.

July 21, 2009

You’re right Shad and in Catherine Cookson’s The Secret too. Our boy has it all!

July 21, 2009

Is ther anything SM can not do?

It appears he does it all…….acts, sings, plays the piano and dances. He really is so talented.

July 21, 2009

Listen to the lyrics of that song……HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

July 21, 2009

Modified jitterbug…….that should be very interesting. It will also be bittersweet for it means the end of the season!

July 21, 2009

Oh, how I have wanted for them to dance together. I don’t recall them dancing in the books though a big whoop was made when she danced with Eric. :( It’s just wrong they haven’t danced together. I can’t wait.
    I believe in Bill’s travels he learned to Tango. WHEW… how hot would that be? Now I need a cold drink . LOL

July 21, 2009

I know it’s nowhere near a jitterbug, but I just think of Stephen’s dorky dance in Restraint. Hil-arious! LOL

“You have to move slower, or you’ll pass out,” Anna Paquin said, laughing.”

This is cute and I hope they where interviewed together when they said this :-)

Now I hope to see some behind the scenes clips in the future from this dancing thing, because I can just imagine how fun they must have had shooting this

September 13th?

*cries*

I won’t be at home, will be on vacation! Can’t believe I will only be able to watch the last episode after September 22nd :(((

Well, I wonder what Stephen would think if he came to Rio de Janeiro in Summer! Or to other cities in Brazil where is “Summer” almost all year. Wait a minute, am I supposed to walk slowly? I walk soooo fast! LOL.

July 21, 2009

I’m really excited to see this. :)

July 22, 2009

I can’t believe it ends on the 13th. Sheesh. Will they keep us waiting yet another year? The show has to be picked up for a 3rd season – it’s off the charts popular….

July 22, 2009

I can’t wait for that dance! The setting looks ultra-romantic, and Bill is looking sharp in that suit. Can’t wait to see what Sookie is wearing. And if they manage to put her in a petticoat…all the better.

The thing about the south isn’t just the heat, it’s the humidity. I’m in SC, and most days this time of year the air is thick as molasses and it’s hard to even draw a deep breath because it feels like a hot, wet towel is covering your mouth. I love the south, but I’d trade the excess humidity in a heartbeat.

July 22, 2009

I REALLY hope a petticoat is involved in this, lol!

July 22, 2009

I can not wait for the season 2 DVD outtakes of Anna and Stephen dancing the jitterbug. It should be hilarious!

July 22, 2009

I really really really want outtakes of that too. Not holding my breath much for any bloopers since there was none on the season 1 DVD, but I can hope :-)

July 22, 2009

Before the Night Is Over…

No clue how that applies to Bill/Sookie. ;-P

I want to see Anna and Stephen doing the jitterbug too. I wonder if it’s the full kicking and wriggling jitterbug. If so, Anna is going to be so cute doing it.

July 22, 2009

I expect a little more beginner dance from them. I don’t think they(in the show) has actually learned jitterbug(love that word)

July 22, 2009

if they get all swing style it will be really adorable.

July 22, 2009

I don’t like that I want to watch the season finale now because I don’t want the season to be over, lol

July 23, 2009

I just did a search on “YouTube” with the criteria “slow version of jitterbug” and it came up with a few good clips. I can not wait to see this, but like you all, it’s bittersweet.

Any word on when Season 3 will begin filming????

July 23, 2009

Alan Ball said that he would like to shoot the first episode of season 3 before Christmas.

July 23, 2009

Ooh, off to youtube and check! LOL

July 24, 2009

Either way, if the two are happy, it’ll be a great scene.

(They could trip over each other’s feet and they’d be cute doing it.)