True Blood’s Season 3 was as full of great quotations as were Season’s 1 and 2.
We at the Vault reviewed all of Mary Jo’s Blood Byte posts that listed quotes from each episode, and picked out what we thought were the ten best quotes. The criteria we used to determine what made the list is as follows:
- the quotation had to stand on it’s own, and
- be something that people quote again and again.
As an example, below are some quotes from Season 1 that meet this criteria. I’m sure you all remember these quotes:
- Episode 12 – Terry to Arlene: Your hair’s like a sunset after a bomb went off
- Episode 12 – Jessica to Bill: So, who’s good to eat around here?
- Episode 3 – Bill to Sookie: I can smell the sunlight on your skin.
- Episode 4 – Sookie to Bill: Don’t say uh-oh. Vampires aren’t supposed to say uh-oh.
- Episode 4 – Bill to Sookie: You look like vampire bait.
They are memorable and have been repeated by True Blood fans over and over. So, below is our “official” list of the ten best quotes for this past season:
TOP TEN SEASON 3 QUOTES:
Below are those from Season 3 that we think meet the above criteria and are the best of the season.
- Episode 3.10 – Pam to Eric- ” Blah, blah, vampire emergency, blah!”
- Episode 3.09 – Russell on TV -”Now time for the weather, Tiffany?”
- Episode 3.07 – Jason to Hoyt- “Never thought I was really smart enough to get depressed.”
- Episode 3.06 – Lorena to Sookie, after Sookie threatens to kill her: “Oh, please, please try! Without that sanctimonious little prick Godric to save you, I would just love to rip you open and wear your ribcage as a hat!”
- Episode 3.06 – Russell to Eric: “Throughout history I have aligned myself with or destroyed those humans in power, hoping to make a dent in mankind’s race to oblivion.What other creature actively destroys his own habitat?”
- Episode 3.05 – Franklin to Tara- “Tara, watch how fast I type mother fucker!”
- Episode 3.04 -Melinda to Sam- “Sometimes I think that boy’s cheese slid off his cracker!”
- Episode 3.02 – Tara to Lafayette- ” The one time in my life I was happy- I was a f–king zombie!”
- Episode 3.01 – Andy to Jason- ” Conscience off, dick on!’
- Episode 3.01 – Bill to Sam – “I hear the water in Arkansas is very hard.”
Runners Up These almost made the list, but not quite!
- Russell on TV – “The American Vampire League likes to perpetrate the notion that we are just like you and I suppose in a few small ways we are. We’re narcissists; we care only about getting what we want, no matter what the cost, just like you. Global warming, perpetual war, toxic waste, child labor, torture, genocide, that’s a small price to pay for your SUV’s, and your flat screen TV’s, blood diamonds, your designer jeans, your absurd garrish McMansions, futile symbols of permanence to quell your quivering spineless souls. But no, in the end, we are nothing like you; we are immortal because we drink the true blood, blood that is living, organic and human.”
- Terry to Arlene: Ten reasons why you can trust me with your kids, #3 I never killed nothin’ by accident.
- Pam to Lafayette- ”You pickin up what I’m puttin’ down.”
That’s it. Do you agree? Do you know of another quotation that meets the above criteria and we missed? Let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below!