Christopher Heyerdahl Joins True Blood Season 5 As Dieter Braun

Posted by Lynnpd On January - 18 - 201210 COMMENTS

We have another casting that has been completed for Season 5 in the part of Dieter Braun.

Christopher Heyerdahl, who plays an ancient vampire in the Twilight Saga movies, will now play one in another screen adaptation of a popular book series — this time on TV. Heyerdahl is joining HBO’s hit vampire drama True Blood in a recurring role. He will portray Dieter Braun, an ancient, powerful vampire who plays a large part in the intelligence of the Authority and especially enjoys enhanced interrogation. That is familiar territory for Sanctuary alum Heyerdahl, who played the ancient Volturi vampire Marcus in three of the Twilight movies: New Moon, Breaking Dawn Part 1 and the upcoming Part 2 (photo on left). Additionally, he played a demon in an arc on the CW’s Supernatural. Heyerdahl, currently co-stars on the AMC drama series Hell On Wheels playing Norwegian badass The Swede. The period Western was recently renewed for a second season.

source: deadline.com

style="display:inline-block;width:468px;height:60px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-1607175887327377"
data-ad-slot="2898711400">

Share with your friends
Facebook Twitter Plusone Pinterest Tumblr Stumbleupon Reddit Digg Email

10 Responses to “Christopher Heyerdahl Joins True Blood Season 5 As Dieter Braun”

1. coll :) his father or grandfather is Norwegian :D

[Reply]

brunopia Reply:

eh…ment cool ;)
    Don’t look at Hell on wheels, but is he playing a person from Norway called the swede? Why not make him a Swedish person then? ;)

[Reply]

Willkill4Bill Reply:

In part I think it was to show that everyone is not who they may appear to others, also the other characters being unable to distinguish the difference in his accent from a Swedish immigrant. A bit of a twist if you will. Unhappy with him his boss told him it was a long walk back to Sweden and walked away, puzzled the Swede said to himself but I am Norwegian. :)

[Reply]

2. krissyma says:

I’m a fan of both – The Twilight Saga AND Supernatural. I loved Christopher as the villain there. He played Marcus of the Volturi and a demon named Alastair on Supernatural. I’m pretty sure he is a good choice for True Blood. Looking forward to see him on TB.

[Reply]

Liz Reply:

I’m a big fan of Supernatural too, and he was wonderful as Alastair! Oh how I loved to hate him :) Can’t wait for his turn as a TB vampire.

[Reply]

3. mabjazzy says:

Perfect choice for this role!

[Reply]

4. Christopher is also Todd the Wraith on Star Gate Atlantis ans is currently plying duel roles of John and Biggie on Sanctuary! I have met him and he has a voice to die for!

[Reply]

5. Cherie (DeSange) Durst says:

This guy is an excellent actor – three cheers for True Blood getting this actor for Season Five.

[Reply]

6. Rowena says:

I must be having a senior moment. I thought I posted to this. But my comments are nowhere to be seen. I know him from Hell on Wheels. He is terrific as the Swede. Willkill, I remember the scene where the Swede said “but I am Norwegian.”

He will be great as Dieter.

[Reply]

7. AphroditeMF says:

That’s weird, I assumed that Christopher Meloni would be playing this role – I guess this means that the role that he has been cast for didn’t have a casting call released, like King Russell?

[Reply]