Fake Anna Paquin claims harassment by True Blood fan sites

Posted by Shadaliza On September - 25 - 201048 COMMENTS

Update September 26: we are happy to announce that both the Twitter and the Facebook account mentioned in this article have been deleted.

It seems that a lot of people want to be Anna Paquin, because fake Anna Paquin Twitter and Facebook profiles pop up faster than they are are forced to close down by the real Anna Paquin’s management.

Several times before have we exposed fake profiles and the real Anna appreciated it that we took action.  But at the same time we received a lot of negative reactions of fans who were 100% convinced that they were tweeting with Anna Paquin and thought that we were harassing and offending Anna by calling her an impostor and identity thief. Fakers are often very easy to spot, because of bad grammar or incorrect facts on their profiles. Lately they seem to be getting better at it and I must admit that only weeks ago a fake Mariana Klaveno twitter had me fooled for a day or two. And it’s not just the fans that fall in the trap. Gothic Magazine retracted an interview that they had conducted with a fake Anna Paquin though MySpace.

Normally I don’t pay much attention to impostors any more, often they don’t last more than a week or two and disappear again. @mrsannamoyer has been around for a longer time and has gathered over 4000 devoted followers on Twitter who are all convinced they are indeed tweeting with the True Blood actress. Her tweets are protected and you have to request to see them. Impostors know me by now and when I apply with our The Vault Twitter account I am always denied access, but it takes no more then a minute to invent a name and set up a fake account and get accepted.

@mrsannamoyer spends her time answering fan questions and providing very little info so her error margin is small. But boy, does she spend a lot of time tweeting, she even tweeted on August 21, her wedding day, and tweeted on August 22 that she and Stephen Moyer were dating…. did she already forget about that ring on her finger? Fake Anna Paquin spends her time whining about being harassed by fans and the fan sites. Yes, that is what fan sites do: they harass the actors and call them fakes, that’s how we make them like us so they grant us interviews and support our charity fundraisers. She claims to have reported everybody who has been mean to her and asks the help of her followers to track down fan site owners. That’s where the impostor not only damages Paquin’s reputation but also that of the hardworking fan site owners.

Apparently @mrsannamoyer is also active on Facebook and several of those profiles have been closed down, due to harassment she claims. The only way to get her new Facebook account is to request it by direct message on Twitter and she will send it to you. This is her new Facebook account: http://www.facebook.com/officialannahelenepaquinmoyer. She calls herself Anna Paquin-moyer, I guess Moyer wasn’t worth a capital letter.

“Ms. Paquin’s” favorite pages include: Don’t Allow Registered Sex Offenders on Facebook!!!, I want a ‘VERIFIED” mark on celebrities’ face.book accounts, Stop Global Warming and One button to accept all gifts in facebook. Specially that last one could come in handy. I would think Anna had a more interesting life then spending all those hours online accepting hugs, hearts, angels, etc from “her fans”.

What really screams fake on this Facebook page are the paparazzi wedding photos and if that doesn’t convince you, how about this photo with the caption: me and Stephen… she doesn’t even know that that is not her husband she is giving a hug.

This impostor portrays Anna Paquin as a narcissistic, immature whining idiot that doesn’t even recognize her own husband and damages Anna’s reputation by badmouthing the fan sites that expose her and reporting them to Twitter and Facebook.

I am often asked how I can be so sure that neither Anna Paquin nor Stephen Moyer Twitter or have a public Facebook account, the answer is simple: Stephen Moyer confirmed this to me. I asked him to give me the heads up when they do decide to venture out in cyberspace. I don’t know if that day will ever come, but until then beware of impostors.

UPDATE

Only hours after the publishing of this article the @mrsannamoyer Twitter account has been removed by the impostor. On the Facebook page, where now her name is Anna Helene Moyer, the following discussion appeared where, surprise surprise, The Vault is the bad guy.

style="display:inline-block;width:468px;height:60px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-1607175887327377"
data-ad-slot="2898711400">

Share with your friends
Facebook Twitter Plusone Pinterest Tumblr Stumbleupon Reddit Digg Email

48 Responses to “Fake Anna Paquin claims harassment by True Blood fan sites”

1. Nickymouse says:

Shad, thank you for formally exposing her. I know many people believed it was Anna because she had posted very personal pictures from inside their home, etc. I have no idea how she managed to get them. However, nothing this chic said made any sense. I remember one follower asking if she’s ever been to France. She replied “no”, but Anna was with the X-Men cast at the Cannes film festival several years ago. She also tweeted that she was back from vacation as pics surfaced of Anna and Stephen in Italy on their honeymoon. I hadn’t seen the pic you just posted entitled “me and Stephen”, but I had to laugh at her stupidity. It amazes me that fans have been angry at you, when they should be thanking you for exposing someone who’s been fooling them for months.

Shadaliza Reply:

You mean the photos of Anna with Splash. Those photos were visible on Anna’s private Facebook account for a short while, after the change of one of the Facebook privacy settings. I notified Anna about that and she immediately changed her privacy settings and the pics were not visible any longer to people who are not her Facebook friends.

Nickymouse Reply:

Yes,I was referring to the pictures of Anna and Stephen with their dogs at home, but also a picture of her newborn nephew. I guess there was a glitch in the Facebook system that allowed the imposter to retrieve personal pics.

2. Rowena says:

Unbelievable! I’m glad she’s been outed. I hope they all are. I cannot comprehend why someone would do this. Boggles the mind. I feel badly for Anna and for any celebrity who must endure posers like this one. This is the worst kind of identity theft.

Rowena Reply:

Kudos to you, Shad, and to all the admins who work so hard to expose the fake celebrities. I meant to add that above.

[Reply]

3. You just have to laugh at the stupidity of these fakers! I mean, c’mon – at least get the facts right. The one and only thing that makes me laugh is the faux indignation that somebody has accused them of being a fake. They don’t even have the good grace to just give up. (There’s clearly something wrong there, I feel.)

As for sites like The Vault – you’re doing a brilliant job in exposing these fraudsters and you should continue to do so. As you quite rightly point out, it damages both the actor’s reputation and that of the fan site administrators, ultimately it will endanger the sites themselves, so exposing these idiots is doing us all favours, by making sure that proper and veritable information is available for the fans.

It can’t be terribly easy for the actors either – verification is a brilliant thing to have, although at the moment, the process you have to go through to get it would make even the most hardy of souls give up. Having a fake “you” is not going to make the process any easier, or indeed give you the incentive to create the accounts in the first place.

So keep up the good work – we all support you!

4. luvinvill says:

It’s no wonder that many celebrities like Anna are very private with their personal lives with weirdos out there pretending to be them.
    Nice job Shad detailing the level of stupidity these imposters stoop too. Her true fans (like us) love and respect her.

5. Franck says:

An email will be send to the AP’s manager of Anna Paquin !
    I am so over that chick ! I asked her once how Steve doing. She didn’t even known who Steve was. WTF !!!!
    After that she banned me. And now she’s doing THAT. She is SO over !

[Reply]

6. I don’t know why Anna’s lawyer doesn’t handle this once and for all? Perhaps they are NOT THAT concerned.

If Paquin wants this to go away, it’s very simple – she (or her people) can open up an AnnaPaquin FB and Twitter account and have them verified. She doesn’t even need to post anything. That would end the speculation.

That is good solid FREE advice – normally I charge about $4000 an hour for my services. :-)

AIDSBurger In Paradise Reply:

It’s a weird situation. I suppose that when a famous person acquires a “team” (lawyer, agent, manager, publicist, trainer, stylist) primarily the focus is on getting good work, and managing the actor’s image in furtherance of the acting projects she is promoting. It’s got to be frustrating to have to deal w/ imposters popping up on every social networking site and duping naive members of the public. Where does one send the cease and desist letter – to the fake email of the fake person?

Clearly now that publications are staring to fall for fakes means that the her team has to step it up. (The worst case scenario being that an imposter is quoted saying something incendiary or damaging, and the public taking it as true.) I’m sure they’d rather be working on matters of substance instead of policing frauds.

7. Lou says:

This chick – or I suppose I should just say “person” – is unreal. I follow the account on twitter, not because I think it’s Anna but because I want to keep track of the stuff said. The tweets are quite militant lately, which is odd considering IT’S AN IMPOSTOR. The gall of some people is unreal. I get a kick out of those who pretend to be characters on twitter, but those who pretend to be real people are just sad. Thanks for exposing her, Shad!

Nickymouse Reply:

I follow her as well, mainly because I get a kick out of watching her slip up and reading the childish grammar. I’ve also noticed that she’s been very militant lately. She’s adamant about exposing all those posers who claim to be “her” and reporting people that are “mean” to her. For all we know, this person might believe that she is Anna Paquin. If that is true, we should feel sorry for her. But my guess is that she is just a lonely person. She needs to recognize that this is identity theft and find something else to do with her life.

8. Shadaliza says:

Good news! The twitter profile doesn’t exist anymore!

9. Shadaliza says:

This article was updated with new information.

Helen Yates Reply:

I know I have been bugging you with replies but this is one more as I read the update. I can see my comment on there but I would like you to know that I did not personally see you as the bad guy. I did read your article BEFORE I made my comments and I’ll admit that your article did make a lot of sense and actually reflected some of the doubts I had.

I made a comment that she should make a statement purely to call her buff.

10. Sari says:

So fake. First of all if she she is the real Anna she should be Anna (Paquin) EMERY, not Moyer.

11. Tori says:

I’m so glad that you take time to do the research like I do on stuff like this. It happens in even fandom but the fans are vicious when you call out their “celeb” for being a fake. You would be surprised at the backlash I got when I first started calling out all of the Eva Longoria’s and Marcia Cross’s of the world, as we were the first to identify both Eva and Marcia officially through management and friends of the ladies. But we didn’t say a damn thing until we had 100% confirmation. The fakers do more damage to the real person more than they realize, especially when they get downright rude to fans who try and ask for photos with the username, etc. In the end it’s the person they are trying to be that they hurt, and most of the time they are often too stupid to notice. It’s really sad.

So thank you guys for being so diligent about it, Ravenscroft Realm and Desperate Fans Online loudly applaud you and support what you’re doing!

12. willkill4Bill says:

These people are wackadoodles.

willkill4Bill Reply:

I meant to add kudos to Shad for sussing out the fakers and informing Stephen and Anna.

13. brunopia says:

I`m glad she is gone. What a FAKE!! I cant even believe that people are falling for that. Anyone can put up a profile and claime that they are Anna or Stephen, but that doesn`t mean that they are them…hey I can even say that I am Mel Gibson, but do you believe me??? (But I am not hehe)

14. BBB says:

It’s easier to prove your “fake” persona it seems like. A lot of actors and actresses have realized this, i.e David Tennant and John Barrowman (both examples of actors who never owned a Myspace, Twitter and Facebook account and yet their profiles are everywhere in these networking sites.) There’s no stopping these people. They’re the new brand of terrorists.

15. Cherie says:

Awesome job Shad for exposing her. I followed her tweets just to see how she was getting people to believe that she was Anna, and she came off as rude and juvenile. I’m surprised there were people who fell for it.

16. Shadaliza says:

She posted a self written letter in bad english that Facebook verifies that she is who she says she is. I cannot post more screencaps here, I have to think of my own security. But send her a friend request on Facebook and go see for yourself. It’s hilarious!

Helen Yates Reply:

Aye I saw that too. I have been suspicious of her for a while. I mean, all she did was whinge and her spelling/grammar was so bad….she used way too many commas for one thing.

However, I thought you would like to know that her profile is gone. There was a post on my messages thingy on FB that someone had posted a comment on one of her photos. Clicked on it and the profile is gone. Strangely there were two others on her friends list: Alexander Skarsgard and Ryan Kwanten and they both threaten to delete theirs if she deleted hers and their profiles are gone too. Strangely enough, those three profiles had similiar grammar mistakes and all three whinged about posers, fakers and all seemed to be online at around the same time…..weird. Although, “Anna” was the only to blog post: the other two didn’t.

Just thought I’d give an update on the situation concering “Anna”

Shadaliza Reply:

She was a total fake, Helen. And so were those Alex and Ryan accounts. Unfortunately it happens and some are so good at it that also I have been fooled once or twice. But most of the times the signs are very clear.

When I am not sure about an account I ask my contact at HBO about it. And so do several other fan sites who have connections, you can trust the word of the big fan sites. We didn’t get where we are today by harassing the True Blood actors.

Thanks for the update.

Helen Yates Reply:

I feel like a right eejit for being duped. I will admit though I did have my doubts but then when it comes to seeing a celeb on Facebook, you’re going to have your doubts because then you think “this big celebs have got nothing better to do than be on FB all day?” I mean “Anna” was practically on it all day yesterday and I was just thinking “If it is really you, Anna, wouldn’t you rather be spending time with your new sexy hubby” LOL

But then the problem is that if you know your sources and can do it right, you can pull off stuff like this. Let’s face it: the Internet is absolutely brilliant for creating a flase sense of reality and some many cry Wolf that when the truth comes along, we don’t know what to think LOL

Helen Yates Reply:

Oh and one of ehr last blog posts stated that FB Security had contacted her and she posted their reply on her post saying they had seen her videos/photos proving it is her and they would not delete her profile.

That is really fishy because it has been a year since one of my Facebook Fan Pages needed to be verified. I have sent the form several times and contacted FB Security several times and I am still waiting for confirmation (with the warning still up). Everyone knows that FB Security is slow so this quick response is suspicious.

17. LifeIsUnique says:

Thank you Shad again for exposing this fake Anna. I’m so sick of them masquerading as Anna online.

18. DeemeK says:

Well done Shad. You have to wonder the imposter’s motivation. Maybe she/he is doing a study/documentary thing to comment on celebrity and media like Casey Affleck? Nah.

19. leslie19931987 says:

u guys rock! i’ve known from day 1 that neither do anna or stephen have twitter or facebook page and i trust u guys so much because u have given us proof of that not like those posers that only publish pictures that can b found on google n really they shoud get a life cause we the fans don’t like to be tricked and they make the acotrs look like stupid people when they r not

20. Filmchick3 says:

This irks me. Imposters, in my opinion, create fake profiles on social networking sites to seek attention. Pure and simple. They falsely believe it is a harmless attempt to “live” the life in someone else’s shoes through these sites. I agree with Shad that reputations are sabotaged by who people think it’s a game. It’s not. Kudos to Shad and the members of The Vault in keeping us informed about these imposters. We have the right to know about them as much as they create these fake pages.

21. Update:

It would appear that the Facebook Page has now gone. Which is a great shame, as I wanted to screenshot the “message from Facebook Security” which was hilarious – “spelling and grammar, spelling and grammar” (as I used to be told by my English teacher).

Hopefully that’ll put an end to that particular chapter, but it doesn’t mean that we can not remain vigilent.

I feel quite sad for the misguided indiviudals that followed\were a friend of “her”.

Helen Yates Reply:

That is the problem with the Internet. If you can get the right sources/pictures, you can create that kind of false reality. I’ll admit I was duped although I will admit I had my doubts it was her and the more I was on her list, the more doubts I had although I wouldn’t voice them out loud purely because well…..bad mouth her and she would block and report you.

Alan Woodward Reply:

It’s quite easy to do, as you say and I can’t say that I haven’t been caught out either. Sometimes it can be quite difficult to detect which are fakes and which aren’t and I think a lot of people don’t want to say anything. Just look at the backlash that The Vault and TrueBloodHigh got from just this one instance!

Helen Yates Reply:

Oh I know. I was on that profile and some really had a go at The Vault. In fact you can see my comment on the update part of the page. However, mine wasn’t a backlash on this link (in fact when I read it, it made a lot of sense). I was just agreeing with one other user that if “Anna” was real, she should make a more public statement. And “Anna” along with “Ryan” and “Alex” would block and report people who voiced their doubts that they were real.

22. hdgcat says:

This is a big reason why I don’t bother with those types of sites. If its so difficult to confirm people who are public figures, then what about regular private citizens. You can create a fake “life” online very easily and many people do. Why live in your reality of unpaid bills,xhusbands,job with no future, or no job at all , when you can get loads of attention and pretend to be someone famous?

People like this have been around forever, andyou would think with the internet it would have gone away,but its actually gotten worse. there was a case decades ago..1980′s I think…some guy was running around pretendng to be David Bowie, had a credit card with that name, the whole works (David Bowie is a stage name) and he ran off with some Hollywood producers wife AS Bowie! Next thing you know, the papers are reporting this as fact…so Bowie had to get the whole thing straighened out ..it was a mess. But he’s had a number of imposters Bowie’s over the years.

The bottom line is that these fake celebs can damage a real celebs reputation by reporting stuff that isn’t true and it gets out on the internet “news” sites ,then next thing you know ,its picked up by the hard news groups etc..What if this fake Anna had said something crazy , like she was leaving Stephen or was having an affair with another woman??? Can you imagine the havoc it would cause on their lives and their families??

It most definitely is not a joke.

23. Jennifer says:

Clearly, you are respected by Stephen Moyer and have contact with him. I’ll go with your word on any of these topics. Those people need to be locked up or receive some sort of counseling.

24. MarleneEmmett says:

Shadaliza:
    You’re one person who we all can trust.
    We know that any of the information that you put out is real.
    Thank you for keeping us informed.
    And thank you for always being honest with us.
    Please keep up your wonderful work.

25. Craig says:

I don’t follow twitter, and don’t normally seek out “celebrity” profiles on FaceBook, so I missed out on the original fracas. But based upon comments made by numerous actors/actresses in the past, I think that most celebrities tend to stay away from the fan sites and social networking sites because some of the stuff that gets posted about them by users can be truly detrimental to their sense of well being. In many real interviews I’ve seen, celebrities say they would surreptitiously log into fan sites to see what people had to say about them, and would quickly realize that it was actually harmful to them to read some of the stuff written about them and so they quit reading them altogether. And once a celeb hits a certain “status level”, I truly doubt that they would spend their free time looking to get their egos stroked by anonymous strangers. I don’t blame the fan sites themselves – fans are people who have strong feelings about what they are a fan of, and sometimes those feelings are negative. That’s just reality. But it’s ridiculous to believe that real celebrities are going to waste time responding to every slight visited upon them by random fans. Can you actually imagine being in that position? A “real” celebrity who would do that would have to be incredibly narcissistic and emotionally needy at best. Why would a real fan want to believe that about their idol? It’s incomprehensible!

26. Sari says:

She’s doing it again, now her page is Anna Helene Paquin. I can’s belive this, they deleted her and she can come back!!!, well she claims she was not deleted.

Shadaliza Reply:

Facebook or Twitter? can you give me the link please?

There are several fake accounts, but I felt I had to do something about this one because she attacked the fan sites.

Sari Reply:

Facebook. In search put Anna Helene Paquin and you got it.

Shadaliza Reply:

Not sure if it’s the same person. could be.
    Like I said, there are several fake accounts. One closes and a new one pops up.

Sari Reply:

Neither I am, but it’s possible because there’re a comment where somebody said “why fb is deleteing alot of good people why did you get knocked off again” and she answers “I did not”. The fake Anna you posted about was saying that she was going to close… which, if you asked me, is a good way to hide that you was knocked off.

Not sure, but I’m pretty sure she’s fake. I get to that conclussion when I read a comment of hers being “rogue” with a male fan. In the 10 years I followed Anna’s carrer (and belive me, I read/watched a lot of interview) she never made a think like that.

I hope this info about facebook has helped you.

Shadaliza Reply:

Oh it’s fake already, no doubt about that.

27. Moonlight91 says:

WOW….I had no idea that this was happening. I remember a few years back on myspace that a lot of people believed that the Harry Potter pages were really the cast of Harry Potter when it was obvious that some of their facts were off. Thank you for exposing her Shad, no wonder Stephen Moyer respects you and gives you the 411 first.

28. Melbot says:

Fake profiles of Anna, Stephen, Alex and Ryan are on Google+, and I’ve spotted the same/ linked profiles of Anna and Stephen on Facebook. They seem to be created by the same person mentioned above. I caught them out on “Ryan’s” Google+ when he couldn’t tell me who the two well known Aussie radio hosts he was pictured with. They are still up even though they have been reported so many times. Very horribly written and bad grammar everywhere! And once you catch them out and post your findings on their wall it gets deleted almost immediately and the poor bastards who have been sucked in go into defense mode for their “friends”.