Fans start petition to save True Blood

Posted by Shadaliza On September - 20 - 201326 COMMENTS

The announcement that the seventh season of True Blood will be its last caused a shock wave among the fans on the Internet. Many fans however, including myself, feel that it has been an amazing ride and are grateful that True Blood did not get canceled but will receive a proper ending fitting for a TV show of this magnitude and popularity.

But not everybody is ready to say goodbye yet. A group of diehard Trubies has even started a petition. The group calls themselves “Don’t Cancel True Blood” and according to their spokesperson their main goal is to get enough signatures on the petition so that HBO would reconsider cancelling it so early. So far over 3,500 people have signed.

style="display:inline-block;width:468px;height:60px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-1607175887327377"
data-ad-slot="2898711400">

Share with your friends
Facebook Twitter Plusone Pinterest Tumblr Stumbleupon Reddit Digg Email

26 Responses to “Fans start petition to save True Blood”

1. Kim says:

I and many others still enjoy True Blood regardless of the naysayers.

2. Rowena says:

Seven years is a formidable run. I’m okay with ending the series at the end of next season. I’m grateful there was no early cancellation. I will celebrate this final season and bid my fond farewell to Bon Temps, its citizens and the supernaturals who dwell among them.

3. Jean Ann says:

I don’t care who’s together , but they need to go back to the books a lot of funny people left and story lines what a shame to end now.

4. Talia Marie McLean says:

please save true blood

5. Michelle says:

HBO won’t take that into consideration…waste of time..Once they have made up they mind to cancel a show…it’s done…

6. Cherie says:

I’ll refrain from signing. 7 years is a good run. I’m content with that.

7. Ilaria says:

can i put my signature on the petition…from Italy?

8. Louisianagirl says:

No shock its ending! I was obsessed with the show after season 1. I went out and got all the books(8 books at the time). I had high hopes for the show because the books were fantastic. Then season 5 came and I was very disappointed! I still watch the show cause I love these actors(especially Alexander) but Alan Ball messed up a good thing and it can’t be fixed! I will watch season 7 and hope it ends better than the last book did!

9. TrueBloodLady says:

Love the show! Way to early to end it need 5 more season! Please don’t end it I look forward for the summer to watch True Blood!:)Always a Truebie v-v

10. Rebecca says:

It’s sad. We’re all going to miss the show. But it’s better to let it go out with a bang. Believe me, it won’t be the same without a new season of TB in June, but I think HBO is making the right decision.

11. Selle says:

Signed it. The world of True Blood is too rich to just push off the ledge so easily. There are so many more stories to tell and people love this show because the escapism of TB can’t be beat. I love this show. Any problems which need fixing can be easily fixed.

For instance, if some actors are aging, either change their characters are swap out the actor for a new one in the same role.

And for anyone who doesn’t think it’s worth watching anymore, then don’t watch it, but why take it away from the rest of us who still enjoy it?

12. Rockn Robyn says:

I think TRUE BLOOD shld have a season 8 For it’s last hooray!!!IF not I hope season 7 goes out with a BANG.!!!!!! I luv this show !!!!

13. Rina says:

I think 7 seasons is a milestone for any show on a premium cable channel. Also I think HBO is absolutely right to end TB after next season, considering how negative the response was to the S6 finale. Clearly, the viewers are not interested in new storylines and adventures for the characters. They are emotionally exhausted. They can’t deal with new changes. They just want the characters to pair off into boring couples, get 9-5 jobs, pop out 2.5 kids, and sit on the couch watching TV at nights so that nothing ever happens to them. The fans want the characters to rest in peace, so it’s time to put this show to bed.

14. Leelala says:

I would have liked a season 8… just doesnt seem like they can wrap it up in only 10 episodes :(

15. Vicky says:

Please don’t cancel the show!!! There is so much more to go on with if you follow the books!!! Btw don’t end it with sookie and Sam as that was the worst ending ever!