HBO/True Blood re”vamps” their site

HBO has relaunched HBO.com/trueblood that includes a whole new look for True Blood on the net.   Adding interactive features and enhanced video support, the new flash-based site features streaming video, as all television sites do, but supports full screen clips regardless of the monitor’s size or resolution.

On the interactive front, the site has an advanced community section, with users building profiles to comment on clips and articles, and talk with HBO insiders. It also has a personal dashboard where users can add clips, discussions or favorites, as well as receive recommendations based on previous selections. So, you can still post on the HBO True Blood Boards and it’s Wiki.

“We wanted to create a rich, interactive online destination worthy of the HBO brand,” said Alison Moore, vice president, Brand Strategy and Digital Platforms. “Fully dynamic, the new HBO.com allows us to extend HBO’s promotional digital footprint through a rich and engaging design that is built upon a platform of technical innovation.”

Source

Tagged

January 22, 2010

It’s a horrible revamp. The white type on the black background is VERY hard to read. The entries are arranged in a way that it’s hard to read and they are censoring anything that even hints at a criticism. I suppose it’s great for those who drink the cool aid and are Rah Rah about everything on the show. Glad they have another place to cheerlead. But I loved the discussions that for one reason or another are no longer able to take place on the “forums.”

January 22, 2010

I do not like the new HBO setup…

January 22, 2010

Why do you think they took off the forums? Because of the “rabidicity” of some of the fans? They tend to spoil it for the others.

January 23, 2010

I’ll eventually get over there, but no hurry even with the censoring as Louise noted the poisonous chatter will seep through.

January 23, 2010

Although a good fight can be fun, too much isn’t. So I’m hoping they do strictly police the boards. The vitriol was so intense, over there, I think it chased alot of people off. I know it did me. I like a good discussion and I like to listen to other points of view. But, I don’t like hatefulness and there was alot of that, over there. Plus, there were some negative remarks being made about certain cast members and there families. I was appalled when those remarks weren’t, immediately, removed and those that were making them were allowed to continue posting. Maybe HBO has said enough is enough.

January 24, 2010

HBO can police the boards all they want. The bottom line is that they revamped the community boards in a fashion that is not conducive to dynamic or fluid discussion and even if folks enjoyed a good, strong back and forth, the boards were not built to do this successfully. The site is good, but the Community Boards are done for – and HBO does not care that the posts have dropped off significantly. For TB alone, these are lonely months but the loyal posters kept it alive between seasons – most have deserted at this point. It’s a shame.