Katie Holmes is Anna Paquin’s on-screen maid of honor

The indie film ‘The Romatics’ has been able to line up a surprisingly stellar cast of notable actors. Anna Paquin, Josh Duhamel, Malin Akerman, Elijah Wood, Adam Brody and Jeremy Strong were already on board the new comedy, but now Variety reports that Katie Holmes has become a last minute replacement as the lead of the movie. Holmes will step in for Liv Tyler who has left the production for undisclosed reasons

The indie centers on eight college friends who reunite for a wedding with Holmes as the maid of honor to Paquin’s bride. A romantic triangle figures in the storyline as both ladies have slept with the groom (Duhamel) in a project that appears to have the trappings of a modern day farce.

‘The Romatics’ will be directed by Galt Niederhoffer who adapted her own screenplay for the novel. The shooting which had originally been scheduled to lense in the summer, begins shooting this week in New York.

Tagged

November 02, 2009

guess anna can’t go to new zealand with stephen after all …

November 02, 2009

Well it certainly sounds like a good project. A fun romp, as it were. Good for her!

November 02, 2009

Go, Anna! I’m assuming she’ll be able to finish up before TB begins shooting. Sounds like an entertaining film, and one I hope will come to one of my theatres.

November 02, 2009

Considering True Blood begins shooting November 18 there will only be 18 days for Anna to shoot this film.

November 02, 2009

where did you find this out?

i thought it was december…

November 02, 2009

Yeah … I see a December 3rd date for True Blood to start shooting.

November 02, 2009

December 3rd is the date I read as well. Stephen has several projects lined up for the month of November and I believe he’ll just return from “Master Class” shooting in time for TB’s first day of filming.

November 02, 2009

Guess Anna didn’t go to NZ with Stephen after all. I like the sound of this movie…..nice cast, although I’m not much of a KH fan.

I thought TB would start filming in Dec. also…..when did the new date come about?

November 02, 2009

‘The Romantics’ sounds like a fun movie and can hardly wait to see it. I’m up to watching a love triangle with Josh Duhamel, Anna and Katie….. go Anna!

Wish they could have filmed later so Anna could have gone to NZ with Stephen!

November 02, 2009

This movie could be just up my alley. I hope the script is a winner and also that Anna gets to spend some time with her New York friends.

November 02, 2009

I love Anna photograph on this article, she looks pretty.

November 02, 2009

Anna is probably enjoying her time in NY while working on this project.
    I like Liv better than Katie but the rest of the cast sounds good.

November 02, 2009

Sounds like a movie I would go see- a perfect “chic” flick. The movie should be quite entertaining and I’m sure it will be a great role for Anna. Welcome Back to New York Anna!

November 03, 2009

Great that she is geting another project befor TB starts Dec 3rd I heard. Pitty if she can;t go to NZ with Steve. They were both in London last week. He was spotted at a bar in SOHO with a mate for a drink. No sightings since so who knows where each of them is right now.

November 03, 2009

where did you find this out?

i love that he was so close to home!

November 03, 2009

It was on Twitter from someone at the bar

November 03, 2009

Mehhhhhh I hate chick flicks lol. This is a pretty odd choice for Anna! She’s never really done a rom com… well i don’t know if you count blue state, that movie was awful lol. I guess we’ll wait and see! Im really just excited to see her back in a movie!

November 05, 2009

I actually love Blue State, lol!

She hasn’t done anything like this one and I think it will be refreshing to see, haha

November 03, 2009

Hey, I think it’s a good chance to broaden her horizons. I’ll definitely see it, even if Liv Tyler (who I really like) is out.

Anna as a bride, hmm……I wonder what Steve’s thinking. :D

November 04, 2009

I’ll definitely see it – I like chic fliks. Good on them both for getting all these jobs! Make hay whilst the sunshines!

November 05, 2009

yes good for them and all their projects but how can they stand to be apart I have watched and watched anything with either of them in since TB ended.not to mention TB. I love this couple and anything they do.