Mega Buzz: Who Took Bill?

Season 3 Spoiler Alert!

2x12_1311

Every week, editors Mickey O’Connor and Adam Bryant of TV Guide answer burning questions about our favorite TV shows. This week they answered a question about True Blood, Season 3, that I know we’ve all been dying to know about, “Who took Bill?

QUESTION from Dyan: How soon before we find out who took Bill on True Blood?
ANSWER from Mickey: “We will discover who has Bill right off the bat in Season 3, but it’s going to take the people on the show a little bit longer to find out,” executive producer Alan Ball tells us. Sookie will even consider the possibility that he left of his own volition. “It’s not easy for her,” Ball says. “She feels really bad because she’s not sure whether he just left because he was upset because she didn’t say yes right off the bat. But in her heart she believes he was taken and she doesn’t know who took him. She’s going to fight to find him.”  Watch the video below for more information.

October 14, 2009

Thanks for posting, Lynn! I wondered if Sookie would think, even for a minute, that Bill left on his own. We know he was taken, but she didn’t see what we saw. I’m glad she knows deep down that he didn’t leave of his own volition and will fight to find him. Go girl.

October 14, 2009

it’s either the queen, eric or the fellowship of the sun that took bill c. i say this because the queen & eric are afraid bill will tell the news that both eric, & the queen are dealing in vampire blood & the fellowship could have taken bill because he stopped them from frying eric like frying eggs in the burning sun plus the fellowship of the sun wanted to hurt sookie.

October 14, 2009

There is a very good possibility that Lorena vampnapped Bill. Do you remember what she said when Bill told her she was dead to him?
      “I wish you hadn’t said that,” before she eerily ran down the street. It sounds very much like we have not seen the last of her.

Also, it was not Bill that rescued Eric from the FOTS group. It was Jason and Sookie. Eric let Jason’s “V” use slide because of it.

October 14, 2009

yeah jason in the beginning recused sookie but even if jason wasn’t there bill would of saved sookie because he threatened steve the guy from the fellowship of the sun that if he kills sookie that he will kill everyone in the church.

October 15, 2009

Well, first of all, we were not talking about who rescued Sookie. We were talking about who rescued Eric.

Second, it does not matter what Bill said or what he might have done. He was not the actual one to rescue Eric or Sookie.

Jason came in with paintball gun blazing, and then Sookie freed Eric from the silver chains. TEAM STACKHOUSE!

Bill did nothing but fuss when Sookie went to free Eric.

October 14, 2009

The chair is overturned, the tablecloth is all askew. It definitely looks like Bill did not leave willingly. Follow your heart, Sookie, and go find your man … I mean vamp. My money is on Lorena as the taker. Either she did it personally or had it done on her behalf.

Thanks, Lynn, for posting.

October 15, 2009

Yes, of course the chair that Bill was last sitting in when Sookie went to the bathroom was over-turned and the table was left in a mess. However, you have to think that maybe the writer will have it where Sookie could also ALTERNATIVELY come to the conclusion that Bill became very upset at the fact that she did not say her big “YES” right away and also could have flipped all of the things off of the table first before he left,and also Sookie knowing how fast he moves could also have knocked the chair down on the floor when he whisked out of there agrily. So it’s not necessarily a given that she would first easily come to the conclusion that he was removed from that restaurant against his will. Knowing how strong and efficient he is, I really don’t think anyone would think that their vampire boyfriend was kidnapped from a private and closed restaurant, when he’s gone suddenly. You know what I mean?

Yeah, she will eventually of course find that out though later on when days go by and she cannot find him in the opening of season 3.

Last, my own first thought was that it was ERIC HAD TO HAVE TAKEN BILL. I always listen very carefully to everyone’s lines and dialog when ever anyone speaks, so I quote Eric in his words to the Vampire Queen….”Not to worry about that, I will take of Bill, personally”. Also I do not think that Eric as a Sheriff took to well to Bill clocking him in the mouth drawing blood while defending Sookie about tricking her to drink blood from him and has good reason for seeking some revenge. I also am aware that Lorena will have her own reasons for revenge against Bill for knocking her out with that picture mirror….but I do believe that Godric’s little talk that he had with Lorena seemed to set her straight. Not to mention Bill’s VERY STERN assurance to her that he just does not love her at all, never did never will may also have done the trick. Naaah, I think that’s the last we’ll see of Lorena. But I could be wrong !!!

October 14, 2009

I hope this means that Sookie will talk to Tara or Jason or Jessica(!) before charging off to Mr. Northman’s for help.

October 14, 2009

I agree. It doesn’t seem to be the least bit plausible that she would go to Eric, even if she has been having sexy time dreams about him, she still doesn’t like him, particularly trust him.

If I was her, my first stop would be Sam. Then Jason and Tara.

My guess is it’s Lorena, but if Ball and co. decide to take it in a COMPLETELY different direction, I would say FotS (I would actually enjoy that, but since Mike McMillian has said he’s possibly coming back later in the season, I’m guessing it’s not them.)

October 14, 2009

Sam is off looking for his family. I am hoping Jessica will play a part in Bill’s rescue. She should be able to locate him if her vamp skills are up to par though that seems like it would an inherit skill amongst the vamps and their makers but it did not work with Eric and Godric.

October 15, 2009

Bill’s disappearance is vampire business, Sookie will go to Eric, he’s the Sheriff and it’s his job to find Bill. Sookie does not suspect Eric at this point, or does she! That would be another reason on her part to visit Eric, snoop around and get into more trouble, man trouble!

October 15, 2009

I just meant that if she thought Bill left on his own she would talk to a friend about it and we’d get a little conversation about what she thought of the relationship. I would like to see a little of that before she leaves Bon Temps again on the next adventure!

October 14, 2009

Thanks Lynn, This isn’t too surprising because each episode starts right where the last one ends. We knew right away it was Ms. Jeanette in the back of Andy’s car, It took a while to reveal who killed her etc.. I assumed we would know who took Bill or at the very least where he was right away. It was debatable if Sookie would add 2 plus 2 and realize he had been taken as all the evidence indicates. Hopefully Sook will form a posse and start searching asap. I do think it is Lorena or weres hired by her to kidnap Bill. We may have form our own rescue team if Sookie dallies too long. :)

October 15, 2009

I am with you sister! I hope the AB writers don’t take 10 episodes to free our Bill, or else – it will be Billsbabes to the rescue!!!

October 14, 2009

Sign me up for that rescue posse, willkill4bill. We better take along Bill’s henley to help us pick up his scent…

October 14, 2009

Well I am glad that deep down she knows that Bill did not leave willingly. I’m thinking it’s Lorena or maybe the new character that is suppose to be coming up Debbie Pelt? With Alan Ball though it’s so hard to guess.

When Bill got taken that just killed me. I knew it was going to happen but I wasn’t looking forward to it. Poor Bill:(

October 15, 2009

I must be a really sick person because I love the drama of seeing characters I like in bad situations :). I love to see how they overcome it (or not) because it deepens the very nature of the character. Of course, in real life I don’t want to see people harmed, but with drama, I love it! I am also not Team Bill or Team Eric (I guess you could say I’m team Sam, but I’m not set in my ways) so this post will not be completely pro-Bill or pro-Eric, since I think both characters have their own strengths and weaknesses.

That said, I don’t think Eric took Bill because a. it’s pretty damn obvious and b. he seems kind of out of the loop in regards to what QSA is up to. Yes, he’s selling V, but why? I don’t think he even knows. So, I put my money on SA. She has the motivation, she wants to put her vampires in their place (she told Eric, “stick with what you’re good at”), Bill kind of blew her off (he had to get back to his Sookie), and she knows he knows about the V. I think Sookie will go to Eric pretty quickly (her first impulse when Bill was sick after drinking from MA was to contact Eric), and we’ll learn whether or not he was involved. I really hope Jessica goes on the search with Sookie, but AB has made many comments about her and Hoyt so she might get left behind in Bon Temps.

P.S. if the post doesn’t make sense it’s because I wanted to write it until way too late :).

October 15, 2009

hello …. I think he has certainly captured a vampire .. forget that those who tried to strangle with a silver chain Bill wearing gloves? Only a vampire can not touch the silver … however in my opinion, has kidnapped Lorraine commanded by Eric … kisses

October 15, 2009

I thought that Weres can’t touch silver either, at least in this show.

October 15, 2009

You are correct I believe and in the books the werewolves were vulnerable to silver.

October 15, 2009

excuse me .. I meant Lorena!

October 15, 2009

I think Eric called Lorena *again* to do his dirty work for him. That way his hands appear clean unless Sookie finds out *why* Lorena suddenly decided to take matters into her own hands. I would LOVE to see a Sookie/Jessica/Hoyt road trip to find and rescue Bill, but since Alcide is being introduced we’ll probably go the way of the books. I can’t see Sookie running to Eric right away, but Sam being gone is going to complicate things…so she might. Who else does she know who would have any ideas about who could have taken Bill?

October 15, 2009

Season 3 can not come fast enough for me!!!

October 15, 2009

Well I think it was Lorena that took Bill, it’s way to obvious to be Eric, AB is way more subtle than that, look at the killer reveal in S1. Plus AB said the love triangle would play out like it does in the books so there is no way that would happen if Eric turned out to be the kidnapper, Sookie would never forgive that. No Bill is in for a torturess season by Lorena.

Also as ppl have mentioned it, I think she would go to Eric quite quick because when Bill was throwing up out the car she wanted to call Eric for help, she thought of him first. When it comes to vamp stuff she knows he’s the one to help, hell even Sam when to Eric when Bill wasn’t around.

October 15, 2009

AB didn’t say the love triangle would play out ‘exactly’ as it did in the books. He just said there would be a love triangle. He also said that Sookie and Bill’s relationship would remain the core of the show. I still think it’s very likely Eric is somehow involved in what happened to Bill.

October 16, 2009

At comic con someone asked AB if the love triangle would play out like it did in the books and all he said was ‘Yes’.

After today’s latest spoiler about Sookie/Eric I’m even more confident that Eric didn’t take Bill, as I said before there is no way she would go anywhere near Eric if he was involved in the kidnapping.

October 16, 2009

What spoiler? I haven’t heard anything new re: Sookie/Eric.

AB has a way of being quite cryptic. I don’t think his comment at Comic Con means that things will go ‘exactly’ as they do in the books. He’s already said that Eric is ‘dangerous’ and he doesn’t understand the attraction people have to him. That being the case, I doubt he’s going to have his heroine falling head-over-heels for the ‘bad guy’ without there being some underlying cause/deception. He’s already making it clear that any attraction Sookie has to Eric is due to having his blood. That is playing out entirely different from the books, where Sookie found Eric attractive and amusing from the beginning. TB Sookie doesn’t find Eric amusing at all. So it’s already different, and I would imagine it will continue to be.

October 16, 2009

Well here’s today’s spoiler from TV Guide.com

Sookie and Eric: Sookie’s been seeing visions of her and Eric getting — ahem — friendly. Will their romance actually progress, not just in her head? “I can definitely tell you [we’ll see that] in the show. I don’t know if it will necessarily be in Season 3. Of course they’re going to come together, it’s fated. It’s not something that’s going to happen right off the bat.”

Sounds to me like AB may go ahead with the plot of Book 4 and get them together then.

October 16, 2009

You know, AB can say that things will play out ‘like in the books’ but truly they can’t. He has already really changed everything by bringing in the whole ‘Sookie is attracted to Eric because of having his powerful blood’ thing. Anything that ensues, from this point forward, is unlike the books and suspect. Sookie and Eric may very well end up doing the horizontal hula at some point, but if they do, you can bet good money it won’t be because they’re ‘in love’.

October 17, 2009

chlebr – the thing is they’ve also pointed out on the show (in frenzy) and Anna herself has said that Sookie took Bill’s blood the night they met so the same could be said for Bill/Sookie. Plus Sookie was starting to show some interest/compassion towards Eric before she took his blood. She left the safety of Bill’s arms to get the silver off Eric and she was curious about the love Eric felt for Godric.

October 15, 2009

I love that she will know in her heart that Bill was taken. So different from the books. I love it! And I think it was Lorena who took him, but Eric and maybe Sophie Anne is in on it

October 15, 2009

I agree with that assessment, Sanna.

October 15, 2009

I think it’s Lorena who took Bill, with help from some Weres.