More flashbacks for Alexander Skarsgård in True Blood Season 3

Rutina Wesley and Alexander Skarsgard reveal a few spoilers to TV Guide.

SPOILER ALERT

“There’s more of people with different agendas,” says Alexander. “Sam’s got his stuff to deal with, his background and who he is, trying to figure that out. There might be some more tension between the vampire kingdoms and queendoms and they might introduce other creatures than just vampires.”

“There’s a lot of new characters that will be introduced,” confirms Rutina. “We’ve got some werewolves that are coming in. Everyone is back now, so it’ll be interesting to see how Tara deals with everything that happens with the last season. She’s got a lot grieving she has to do, but I have a feeling that someone’s going to come in and sweep her off of her feet. Then we’ve got Sookie there to help her out as well. They’re making a lot of people the focus. That’s the one thing that I love about being on the show – that it’s truly an ensemble. All of us have really good and meaty stuff to work on.”

Alexander said that Eric’s ancient history is going to be further explored during the season as well. “In Season 2 there was a flashback. We see when Eric was a Viking, and there will be another flashback. We’ll see Eric and someone else as a tag team – I don’t want to reveal from what era, but it’s a couple of really fun scenes.”

“It’s amazing because he’s been around for a thousand years and lived all over the world, so you can put him in any situation in any country,” said Alexander. “I want more of the stuff from his earlier days when he was in Scandinavia, during the Viking days. I’d love that because you don’t see much of that in movies or on television from that era – and obviously because I’m from Sweden I’m quite fascinated by it. It’s my heritage, that culture with the Vikings, and so hopefully we’ll get to see a little more of that.”

There are also some guest stars waiting in the wings: Rutina said she’s heard that actor Don Swayze, brother of the late Patrick Swayze, will appear on the show, and Alexander says there’s a well-known name who just might be making a visit to Bon Temps. “There’s one that I’m hoping we can get towards the end of Season 3,” he revealed. “It’s not official yet and something I’m pretty excited about – someone that I’d very, very much enjoy working with.

Source: TV Guide

December 10, 2009

What do you want to bet Alex means working w/ his Dad!

December 10, 2009

Well, he kinda says it like he’s never worked with that person before. And he has worked with his dad in the past so…
      Nevermind! That’d be awesome!!!

December 10, 2009

I too hope it’s Stellan Skarsgård – I loved his performance in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies (and others). And if I remember correctly, they did both work on some movie but were never together in a scene, so technically they have never worked together!

December 10, 2009

A tag team? What could that mean in Vampire terms? Perhaps Eric was a wrestler in early days of WWF wrestling? That could be quite funny, but I never guess accurately so….

December 10, 2009

I’m guessing a fight scene, perhaps Godric and Eric in a Middle Ages sword fight against Templars, or Pam and Eric fighting weres deep in the forests of Scandinavia. Whatever it is I’m sure it will be wildly entertaining!

December 10, 2009

I love this show. But make no mistake, if the “well-known name who just might be making a visit to Bon Temps” turns out to be Lindsay Lohan. I WILL. STOP. WATCHING.

December 10, 2009

I’m surprised by the well known person, I thought AB was against stunt casting? ah well he knows what he’s doing. As to the character this person will play, I can’t think of a character that comes in at the end of book 3 so my money is on a S4 villain, Hallow anyone? we know they’re doing the Eric amnesia route.

I hope the tag team is Eric/Pam, they’re scenes would be really fun.

It’ll be interesting to see Tara being swept off her feet by a vamp, she doesn’t like them much at this point in the show. Gives potential for some good Sookie/Tara scenes too.

December 11, 2009

I looked up “stunt casting” and wikipedia said it’s basically defined as casting a big star to play a bit part.

As to the definition of “bit part”, I looked that up, too, and this is what wikipedia said: “A bit part is a supporting acting role with at least one line of dialogue. In British television, bit parts are referred to as under sixes (fewer than six spoken lines).”

So technically, this might not be a bit part the referenced big name actor is going to play. I believe I know who it is and it’s not Stellan. It’s been previously spoiled, though I don’t think on the Vault, possibly because it’s rumored to be still “in negotiation”.

December 10, 2009

Looking forward to all the guests and the new adventures for our TB gang. Thanks, Rutina and Alex … and Shad for posting.

December 10, 2009

I hate stunt casting but I would take Stellan Skarsgard anyday. Love this man, he is a phenom and exudes SEX APPEAL …. Bring him on !

December 10, 2009

I would enjoy Stellan on TB. I am thinking Don Swayze will be a werewolf.

December 10, 2009

I sure do hope that Eric and Pam are the “tag team”. We have not had enough Pam. After all, Eric is her maker and she was overjoyed at becoming a vampire. This could turn out to be really hilarious, especially with Pam’s dry wit!

The first person that came to mind that Alex would really enjoy working with is his dad, Stellan. That too, would be wonderful to see! I can’t wait for season 3!!!

December 10, 2009

This was great news,I love the historical element of vampires the best , I really do. And I love the flashback stuff they do. I was thinking “tagteam” could relate to a fight scene or hunting humans. It could be Godric, Pam, or Bill , anyone of those would be awesome!

December 11, 2009

I am totally psyched. It would be awesome to have Stellan-but I got a feeling we will be blindsided. Mr. Ball never goes were anyone is. that’s why I love the show.

December 15, 2009

I think that the star visiting Bon Temps will be an Elvis look a like they bring in to play Bubba!!!!

May 26, 2010

Honestly, I think Alexander might be referring to someone playing the role of Bubba who’s actually Elvis. He’s in the books, but he hasn’t been in the show yet and he’s kind of important to the third book unless they’re going to change things up a bit like they do a lot … but I don’t know. It makes sense to me. It’s just an idea. If you haven’t read the books and have no idea what I’m talking about, Bubba is the real-deal Elvis. There was a vampire who worked in the morgue who was a huge fan and he detected a bit of life coming from him so he changed him. But he had so many drugs in his system at the time that he came out kind of wrong. He prefers cat blood over human blood and you have to call him Bubba. He gets aggravated if anyone calls him Elvis.