Nelsan Ellis talks about werewolves and more about Season 3

Spoiler Alert!

Nelson Ellis was recently interviewed by E and he provided some interesting information about the entrance of werewolves in Season 3, Lafayette’s new boyfriend, played by Kevin Alejandro, his crazy mother, played by Alfre Woodard, and his plans for Angelina Jolie if she were to be a cast member.  Read their interview with Nelsan, below:

OK, Nelsan, spoil us silly. What can you tell us about season three?

“The werewolves are coming in. They’re going to be good and they compare quite favorably to Twilight werewolves like Taylor Lautner. He says, “I like Taylor, but our werewolves have a little more gravitas, they’re edgier-looking, and they’re just much meaner. They’re vicious.”

And apparently True Blood’s wolf pack, led by Joe Manganiello’s Alcide, is not too hard on the eyes, either

They are some good-lookin’ chaps!  All the eyes on the set turn to the werewolves. They’re like the GQ bastards.

What’s in store for Lafayette?

I get a love interest, and I have a mama now, played by Alfre Woodard. She’s completely insane, so we’ll see where that storyline goes.”

So, if it’s true that we’ll be learning a lot more about Lafayette this year, including his mom and a new boyfriend, how does that tie into the overall mythology of the show?

“It doesn’t, because Lafayette’s storyline is completely new, considering that I’m not supposed to be in the series. Lafayette was supposed to die the seventh episode of the first season. If I have a tie into the mythology it’s my tie into the vampires. I’m Eric’s henchman (Alexander Skarsgård) now. So that’s my tie to the mythology, but my other storyline is human, and it’s all new.”

As for the other man in Lafayette’s life, Kevin Alejandro, can you tell us of his role?

I just started last week, and I honestly don’t know a whole lot, but there’s definitely an interest between myself and the character of Lafayette.”

Who would you would like to see appear on the show?

Angelina Jolie, as a vampire queen. “She would slay the show.”

Source

January 23, 2010

Love Nelsan! I also really like that picture of him. Looks like he’s wearing a little eye makeup in his Lafayette garb. One thing I’ve noticed about Lafayette’s makeup, Nelsan makes it looks natural and as right as rain. And I’m not one for eye makeup on men, usually it creeps me out, but not on Lafayette. It looks nice on him.

January 23, 2010

Love Nelsan!!! season 3 sounds very exciting!
    GQ bastards…love it :D

So Eric’s henchman huh? But I thought Eric wasn’t a vilian? Good guys don’t usually have henchmen do they…….

January 23, 2010

I’m looking forward to season 3~Oh,yes,bring it on!
    I’m looking for some wonderful fight scenes between Were’s and Vamp’s!!

January 23, 2010

Eric’s ‘henchman’? I like the sound of that. Should be interesting. ;-)

January 23, 2010

Interesting choice of words. Who would need a henchman? We saw it coming but I like the confirmation.

I am really looking forward to seeing Lafayette and his mom.
      Iirc she is Lettie Mae’s sister and she said she had turned her back on Lafayette. I hope it is a real love match with Jesus.

Absolutely no to Angelina on TB. OMG no!

January 23, 2010

Yes. It seems like Lafayette will assume the role of Eric’s day guy, Bobby, from the books, but that was easy to see. I’m looking forward to some more scenes with Eric, Pam and Lafayette.

January 24, 2010

I know there are alot of folks who believe Laffy will be Eric’s day guy, but I’m not so sure if I agree.

The day guy was so disconnected from the rest of the core characters, and he had minimal contact even with Sook.

I see Laffy doing Eric alot of favors, but many of them being quite shady and activities to which Laffy will be resistant because of what he sees as purely dangerous to his continued mortal existence.

January 25, 2010

I agree Selle. Bobby was basically a paper pusher for Eric during business hours. Lafayette will be forced to do dirty work that he will not want to do but after being kidnapped and tortured, he is terrified of Eric so he will comply. Lafayette is suffering from PTSD. Nelsan is going to have a field day this season.

January 23, 2010

There’s some good stuff coming our way. I’m so glad we didn’t lose Lafayette in Season 1. Scenes between Alfre and Nelsan should be off the charts. Bring it on … bring it all on! Thanks, Lynn, for posting.

January 24, 2010

Sounds interesting!

I also love Laf’s eye makeup!

January 24, 2010

I just love Nelsan Ellis acting. It is going to be so much fun to watch him in Season 3 and of course upcoming seasons!!!!

January 25, 2010

I can’t wait to see Lafayette with his mom. But, I don’t want to see him as Eric’s henchman. I don’t want to see Lafayette forced into the service of anyone. I like Lafayette and I don’t want to see that happen to him.