Photo source: WireImage.com
Here’s another WetPaint article about our favorite show True Blood and this time it’s about Deborah Ann Woll. Below is their article:
Deborah Ann Woll plays Jessica Hamby on True Blood — you know, Bill’s angsty vampire progeny. We love watching Jessica devour humans, werewolves and her boyfriend’s hot pecs, but we need to know more about Deborah. Does she seem a little too into preying on man-flesh? Find out more with 10 things you need to know about True Blood’s hottest redhead (sorry, Arlene).
1. She’s a natural blond! Guess Jessica can’t make fun of Arlene anymore for her fake red hair. Deborah started dying her locks in high school so she’d stand out more — plus she always wanted people to call her “Red.” Deb’s hair color might be a big ol’ lie, but her fair skin is 100 percent legit: “I am naturally as pale as a dead person. I was made to be a vampire.”
2. To prepare for her role as Jessica, Deborah watched lots of animal attack footage. ‘Cause that’s a normal thing to do. No wonder Deborah’s so convincing when she’s chowing down on Hoyt’s neck.
3. She’s an advocate for people with choroideremia. Deborah’s boyfriend Edward Scott has choroideremia, a condition which causes eventual blindness. It’s so sad that one day he won’t be able to see his gal’s pretty face! We’re glad that Deborah uses her celeb status as a fangy freak for such a good cause!
4. Her favorite show is Mystery Science Theater 3000. Major nerd alert! While Deb’s not moonlighting as a teenage vampire, she indulges in her favorite hobby — watching an episode of MST 3000 every night before bed.
5. She perfected a southern drawl in just five days. When Deborah found out that she’d nabbed the role of Jessica on True Blood, she only had five days to get her accent down. This girl is such a pro, she has us convinced she was Louisiana born and bred. We just assumed Deb sat around eating hoe cakes with some inbreds on her off-days!
6. She thinks fear is sexy. “I think that fear and sexuality are very closely linked. I think things that scare us are a little bit sexy. Things that are unknown attract us. And blood, that deep, red, rich warm, life. There’s something really beautiful about that, which we may have some trouble admitting to. There’s something very beautiful about it flowing against the pale vampiric skin.” If Eric = fear, and fear= sexy, then Deborah’s right on!
7. She has Celiac disease. Deborah is unable to break down gluten, so she’ll just have to stick to drinking Tru Blood and Hoyt’s bodily fluids.
8. She met her boyfriend online! Yes, even celebs use dating websites. Deborah met her man Edward Scott on Match.com! Their mutual interests? Graveyard sex, animal slaughtering and naked fairies… duh!
9. Deborah’s from The Big Apple, but she gets no sleep ‘til Brooklyn, her home sweet home! This native New Yorker might be sunning it up in Cali, but sometimes she accidentally slips into a Brooklyn accent on set. Her inner Beastie Boy totally wants to come out and drink some blood!
10. She’s a former Vogue model. Makes sense. Just look at this gal! Even her vampire daddy is lusting after her. (You know it’s only a matter of time til they bang fangs.)
>> Join the conversation, post your comment here:7 COMMENTS