Rutger Hauer at the Sundance Film Festival

Posted by Lynnpd On February - 2 - 20137 COMMENTS

Rutger Hauer, one of True Blood’s new cast members for Season 6, posed for photos during the 2013 Sundance Film Festival at the Getty Images Portrait Studio at Village at the Lift on January 19, 2013 in Park City, Utah.

It was first announced that Rutger will play the part of Macklyn, a mysterious and sinister figure with deep ties to Sookie and Jason. In a more recent casting call his character’s name was revealed as Niall.

Rutger+Hauer+Future+Portraits+2013+Sundance+TVgfYvYkGhgl

source: zimbio.com

style="display:inline-block;width:468px;height:60px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-1607175887327377"
data-ad-slot="2898711400">

Share with your friends
Facebook Twitter Plusone Pinterest Tumblr Stumbleupon Reddit Digg Email

7 Responses to “Rutger Hauer at the Sundance Film Festival”

1. LuvMyVamps! says:

As an huge fan of Rutger Hauer, I look forward to see what his character brings to the table this season. He most “DEFINITELY” fits the part of a mysterious, sinister, villian “Warlow” without a doubt!

IMHO, I think “Rutger Hauer” is one of the most underrated actor’s of his time! What a shame…

[Reply]

2. Rina says:

Can’t wait what Rutger Hauer will do on True Blood in S6.

[Reply]

3. AphroditeMF says:

Oh my gods, he is amazing! Can’t wait to see what he brings to the table in season six!

[Reply]

4. Mela81 says:

LuvMyVamps, underrated in the world perhaps, but in the Netherlands he’s considered the country’s greatest actor by most people. He was the star of major Dutch films such as Turkish Delight (a film that every Dutch person has seen), Soldier of Orange and the television series Floris.

[Reply]

Shadaliza Reply:

Absolutely Mela81, I am Dutch and probably saw all his Dutch films, he played some very daring and provocative roles.

[Reply]

danielik25 Reply:

Yes underrated like many great european actors. So sad… I like him a lot!

[Reply]

5. vampgirl says:

I wonder why the name change from Macklyn to Niall (or vice versa). Book readers are familiar w/ who Niall is, so I was wondering if they were trying to keep some mystery to the season by changing some of the names. Or, maybe there are 2 characters & they decided he should play the other. Either way, I’m also a huge fan. I was so touched by his whale video. Looking forward to whatever he’s bringing b/c we know it will be fabulous!

[Reply]