Season 3 search for Alcide, Hollis and more begins for True Blood

Posted by Lynnpd On December - 11 - 200916 COMMENTS

SPOILER ALERT!

S2promo2_049

The search for an actor to play the pivotal part of Alcide, the role of Hollis and Arlene’s obstetrician formally got underway today with the release of the following casting notice:

1.  ALCIDE: Good-looking, rough-around-the-edges, articulate, heroic, and decent, but not what he seems. He gets along well with Sookie. There’s even an attraction between the two. Very strong recurring VERY STRONG RECURRING.

2. True Blood is also searching for a fortysomething African-American actor to play HOLLIS, a bouncer in a bar. Despite his scary appearance — he resembles an NFL lineman — he’s a nice guy who knows Alcide well. He’s suspicious of Sookie and delivers some unexpected bad news to Alcide about his fiancée, Debbie Pelt.…2 speeches & 7 lines, 2 scenes

3. Alan Ball is on the lookout for an actor in his 70′s to play Arlene’s old-school obstetrician Dr. ROBIDEAUX who examines Arlene with an ultra-sound. 1 speech & 6 lines, 1 scene (18)

4. TURK- This obnoxious, drunk in a bar taunts the apparently helpless Sookie…3 lines, 1 scene (43)

5. PASTOR – This pastor presides at Eggs’ funeral and gives the eulogy sptv050769…1 speech, 1 scene (20)

Production on True Blood’s third season got underway last week.

Spoilers are allowed in the comments on this article.

Source

Source

style="display:inline-block;width:468px;height:60px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-1607175887327377"
data-ad-slot="2898711400">

Share with your friends
Facebook Twitter Plusone Pinterest Tumblr Stumbleupon Reddit Digg Email

16 Responses to “Season 3 search for Alcide, Hollis and more begins for True Blood”

1. GreySkyLady says:

Arlene…pregnant?!?!? Never cease to amaze.

2. Kristi says:

I still reakon they should consider Rudy Reyes for the role of Alcide! He would be perfect….and VERY good looking.

Selle Reply:

I totally agree!! Oh big time. Or Rudy could be Calvin Norris. Either one just as long as we get Rudy. The man is a serious dreamboat.

3. CrazyforBill says:

My choice would be gorgeous Henry Cavill, who plays Charles, the Duke of Suffolk on The Tudors. He’s very hot and very cute.

callonmebill Reply:

Yes, double yes, Henry Cavil would be my choice too.

[Reply]

4. They are too recognisable. I hope AB keeps it real and does not resort to stunt casting.

My vote …. WILL SWENSON. He is PERFECT for the role od Alcide. All anyone has to do is take a look at him, it’s a no brainer.

skimom2 Reply:

You got that right! What’s taking Alan Ball so long in making this decision? Does Will have a long standing contract in “Hair” that he can not play Alcide?

Selle Reply:

I wonder the same thing as you. Why is it taking so long to cast Alcide? It’s making us crazy.

SterlingSilverCharm Reply:

Not that I am aware of. You were with him last MJ , what did he say?

5. Varie says:

I can’t see AB using anyone easily recognizable. I believe the reason this crucial role was first announced months ago was so the casting folks would have plenty of time to pull another rabbit out of the hat, as they did with Deborah Ann Woll. Probably they are posting now because they want to bring leading candidates in to test their chemistry with AP.

6. Rowena says:

I have no idea who to suggest. AB has done so well with casting that I trust he’ll find the perfect Alcide.

7. Nanny B. says:

I would love to see Rudy Reyes as Alcide – strong, dark, and very good looking. I guess it’s all about the chemistry with the rest of the cast. What’s taking so long? Don’t they know we’re dying to find out?

8. jungle red says:

Whomever AB decides to cast as Alcide will have to “bring it” as an actor … he’ll have scenes with Anna and Debbie(the heifer)Pelt.

Selle Reply:

I think I’d like to see Debi Mazar as Debbie Pelt.

9. willkill4Bill says:

They are too well known but I have wanted Eric Bana as Alcide and Selma Blair as Debbie. He is howling hot and she can play crazy mean girl really well.

10. Loni says:

I would love to see Cheyenne Jackson cast as Alcide. Take a look at his website: http://www.cheyennejackson.com. He looks like a sexy werewolf to me! I hope he’s obscure enough to be considered by AB. I think he played the lead in the “United 93,” and has done alot on Broadway. What do you think, fangbangers???