Season 4 casting calls and title of episode 1

Season 4 won’t be here until June, but production begins on December 1 and so, some spoilers have begun to appear. First off, the title of the premiere episode of Season 4 will be called “She’s Not There”.

See casting calls after the cut.

New casting calls from Spoiler TV

* Marnie is a Z-list palm reader who’s painfully aware of what a joke she is — that is, until, she comes to be possessed by the spirit of a real witch. Anybody else thinking said sorceress might turn out to be the Hallow character Alan Ball mentioned about back in August?

* Andy’s sister, Portia, is as easy on the eyes as she is sharp in the courtroom. And, since I hear possible portrayers have to be cool with nude scenes, we’re gonna get an eyeful.

* Naomi is an Asian-American cage fighter who, outside of the ring…er, cage…is hot-’n’-heavy with one of her female competitors. My hunch is that, driven away by brother Sam, Mickey starts puking up his dukes for money instead of his paws.

* Queen Mab is an elegant beauty who presides over a fantasy land that sounds a lot like the fairy domain into which Sookie (Anna Paquin) keeps being pulled. But, ethereal as her highness may be, she’s also
got a temper…

* Suzanne McKittrick is a Real Housewives type who throws a hootenanny to bond with “her kind.” That “kind,” I’m thinking, being shapeshifters like buttoned-down African-American Emory Broome.

Source: spoilertv.com

November 06, 2010

Thanks, Lynn. Hmmm … “She’s Not There” … that would be Sookie, methinks, or it could be Tara, who has left town.

Looking forward to the introduction of Marnie, Portia and Queen Mab.

Thanks for the heads up. I love spoilers!

November 06, 2010

Let’s hope Queen Sophie Ann also is ” She’s Not There” any more and Bill prevailed.

November 06, 2010

Like the title of the first episode~but don’t like some of the things
    Alan Ball’s doing with characters~Portia is supposed to be heavyset,
    with long hair~not a knockout.
    Mickey is Tommy~now who knows if Sam shot him and where??
    I take it Marnie is supposed to be Hallow and Naomi is spposed to
    be Quinn~ the 750lb Weretiger????

November 07, 2010

Yeah but who wants love scenes with a chick that looks like Andy in a wig?!

November 07, 2010

Aww mann.. Quinn as a GIRL????
        That will suck…

November 06, 2010

AB does his own thing, and people should know by now, he isn’t following the books, or not much. I think it should be interesting.

November 08, 2010

I can’t wait to see what they do with season four. It is going to be good no matter what it is!

November 06, 2010

I think that Naomi’s opponent could be either Hadley or Tara, but more likely Hadley.

November 06, 2010

Okay people…we are going into season 4…..if you can’t get it then move on to another show. Books vs show = 2 different things.

thanks Lynn! I’m excited to see more of this as we go along…..
    and I seriously don’t mind Sookie being gone up in fae/ufo land……

November 08, 2010

Out of pure curiosity.. Why does it bother you so much when people compare the two? It is going to happen, just because there is books written about the same subject. So I’m just kinda curious as to why it bothers some people more than others.

November 08, 2010

you know I have compared the two quite frequently but at this point I am just using the books for character description etc…not storyline. They are just very two different things and I keep seeing people getting all bent out of shape because they want it just like the books…….its going to keep veering away I think. imo.

November 08, 2010

Okay. I understand where you are coming from… Thanks! I feel the same way. Although I do refer to what has happened in the books. But not because I think it should happen, but because it is a similar base line, I think. Like last season, it was similar, but in no way exactly like the books. I honestly like the changes that the writers add in. I would not want to just see a book I read put into a TV show. That would be so boring…lol

November 08, 2010

it would totally be boring! like Alex and Steve have both mentioned. :D

November 06, 2010

Hmm, Sounds like Alan Ball is messing with the awesome storyline that C.H. made with the Fae. A queen? Really! No Nail!!! Come on Alan!! I understand some creative reinterpretation, (Love Sam’s family saga and Keeping LaFayette) but really. The Fae world the way C.H. has it is MUCH better than the feel good, free-love crap your showing us.

November 06, 2010

For the most part I agree about the fae stuff. Right now I’m not sold on the fae or the hokey world we’ve seen them live in, but I have a feeling that it’s going to change. AB said the fae are not going to be these “Tinkerbell” interpetations that we think they are now, so that could be something. I’m really digging the concept of Queen Mab too.

November 06, 2010

I DO Hope that you are right. C.H. made me AFRAID of Fairies in her books. I LOVE the concept of these beautiful beings being able to maim each other with no mercy and becoming other creatures depending on what path they choose.

November 08, 2010

Me too! I was very afraid of the Fae in the books. I think that would transfer well into the show. No matter how they write it.

November 07, 2010

The Fae World looks like it’s a bad “I can’t beleive it’s Not Butter”
    commercial that was shot for under $1000.00.
    I was expecting something really special, and it’s a big joke in my
    book~ it could have been so much more special.
    I still hope that we get to meet Naill and that he’s played by a
    really goo actor.

November 07, 2010

This exact thing was posted a couple weeks back if I’m not mistaken?

November 07, 2010

Geez….the hate is starting already…gimme a break. There were some characters in the books I just didn’t get… and Portia was one, and who ever said Tommy was in the place of Mickey?…Franklin was more of a “Mickey”..and who said Quinn was a girl?…

November 08, 2010

Portia played an important part in Bills storyline in one of the books didn’t she? They investigated something or something…lol I hope if they include Quinn in the TV show that he is not turned into a girl. That would be very sad.

November 09, 2010

mmmmm Quinn is so yummy. Or should I say it like C.H. “Yikes. Yahoo. Yum” Quinn makes me want a WereTiger as a boyfriend.

November 08, 2010

I just don’t get why people complain about AB isn’t doing or how he’s not portraying the characters like in the books. He’s said before the books are only a foundation for the show. Anyone who know’s AB’s work, should know he’s going do what he’s gonna do, no matter what anyone says.

So I say, just sit back and enjoy the show for what it is.

Btw, less Sookie = more Bill Compton hopefully, in some sexy, exciting screen time :)

November 09, 2010

We don’t want the show to be EXACTLY like the books. We DO want the main characters to BE IN the show from the Books. Some things when you change them DO NOT WORK. AB is starting to NOT use the booka as a foundation anymore. When you completely rewrite what a creature is supposed to be like. Take for example: You are watching a new version of the Classic Dracula. And Dracula can walk in the sun, he just sparkles. It wouldn’t work because you’ve changed the nature of the creature. That is what AS had done with the fae. They are beautiful creatures who will kill or save you in an instant. They can become An Angel or a Demon depending on what path they choose. The Fae world is only accessible to the Fae. Nail is Sookie’s Great Grandfather and the King of the Fae. So, you see why we are complaining about the hookeyness of AB’s version. To go back to my example: AB has made Dracula Sparkle.

November 13, 2010

Whatever, Listen, it’s simple, if you don’t like what AB is doing why are you watching the show? People sit back and complain constantly about what AB is doing wrong, what he’s not doing that’s in the books, how the show is not like books. How about saying something more positive about the show and AB. How great the show, the fan base, how popular TB is. He’s done an amazing job, he’s brilliant. He has most of the main characters in the show, some that are better then what were mentioned int he books. He has almost mentioned he will stray more away from the books.

He’s also mentioned numerous times, that Bill and Sookie are the core of the show, unlike the books. IMHO, I think many fans are upset because Eric is not the main basis of the show.

I get pissed about Bill not being the books much, but I don’t go on rampage or hate the books. MY opinion only.