Season 5 spoilers revealed by Raelle Tucker

Posted by Lynnpd On September - 13 - 201116 COMMENTS

True Blood has just finished airing it’s fourth season and here we are already chomping at the bit for some Season 5 tidbits. Co-executive Producer, Raelle Tucker is ready to start sharing with us, read on.

There will be a very significant, strong, mysterious woman at the center of one of our main stories next year,” says Raelle Tucker. “That will be a very familiar and compelling character. It may be someone you’ve heard of before.” We will also once again visit the fairy world touched upon at the beginning of season 4. Says Tucker, “Season 5 will explore more fairies, new fairies, fairies in a way you haven’t really seen fairies. We will all, as well as Sookie, come to understand fairies more than in previous seasons.”

Scott Foley’s Patrick, who we met in the finale, will bring trouble to Terry (Todd Lowe) and Arlene (Carrie Preston). Says Tucker, “His arc has to do with Terry’s past coming back to haunt Bon Temps and Arlene and their life they’re trying to set up together.” The identity of the wolf seen growling at Sam (Sam Trammell) in the final moments will be revealed — and, according to Tucker, is “someone you have never met before.” Tucker, who wrote the season finale, won’t confirm, though, if said werewolf is Alcide’s (Joe Manganiello) father, Jackson, who is featured in book 5 of Charlaine Harris’ Sookie Stackhouse novels. The unearthed King of Mississippi, Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare), will be back. “Russell is not dead,” says Tucker. “It’s safe to assume the king of Mississippi is not gone for good.” Also look for former Fellowship of the Sun leader — and now vampire — Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian). Teases Tucker, “I will say that Steve’s reason for returning to Jason is not at all what you expect.”

Then there’s Sookie, who blew off three supernatural hunks to be alone. Fans of Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and Sookie’s romance will be sad to know that her independent streak will continue next year. “While there will always be romance in Sookie’s life, Sookie at the moment is choosing herself over all of them,” reveals Tucker. “I think that will continue to play into season 5.“ At least there’s the potential for a new bromance — or a Thelma & Louise-style fugitive friendship — between Eric and Bill (Stephen Moyer) now that they’ve killed Nan Flanagan (Jessica Tuck). Teases Tucker, “The consequences of their actions in the finale are going to chase them for a while next year.”

source: insidetv.ew.com

style="display:inline-block;width:468px;height:60px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-1607175887327377"
data-ad-slot="2898711400">

Share with your friends
Facebook Twitter Plusone Pinterest Tumblr Stumbleupon Reddit Digg Email

16 Responses to “Season 5 spoilers revealed by Raelle Tucker”

1. Stephanie via Facebook says:

when is season 5 starting?

[Reply]

2. Season 5 should begin on 6-24 -2-12 & end on 9-9-2012.
    Season 4 began 6-26-2011 & ended 9-11-2011* next Season
    there we were promised an EXTRA episode~13 instead of 12.
    If that is true then the Season would end on 9-16-2012

3. wecamp says:

Looks like they will never follow a book storyline again. The best season was season 1 when they followed the book. Since then I hate each season more than the last because it has no story line. To many characters and not enough time to tell a story. I have read many people are giving up on watching, after reading the above spoilers and knowing Tara will be baack I will give up too.

Mischa Denmark Reply:

Well over 5 million True Blood viewers in the US alone are not giving up watching! I will most definitely be among those watching next year – can’t wait!!

AphroditeMF Reply:

I would rather people gave up watching the show than come around here complaining about how the show is not as good as those absurd books.

Lovelylavendar Reply:

agreed.

Alan ball and Stephen recently said that the show now come season 5 is basically going in its own direction…..wouldn’t be surprised if the show picked up more viewers!

billsluvr Reply:

Are you kidding me. I can’t wait for next season and the return of Russell and Eric and Bill teaming up will be especially great. Plus I can’t wait to see Sookie on her own. I think her character needs that. The only thing I’m not interested in is the werewolf.

4. Rowena says:

While I appreciate the look ahead, I’m still absorbing the finale and Season 4. I’m going to concentrate on that for a while.

I’ve gotta’ say, though, that I’m most intrigued by Bill and Eric on the run together … did I read the word “bromance?”

5. AphroditeMF says:

I’m curious about who this mysterious new female character is. I recall that there is apparently going to be a new female vampire, but I’m wondering when she has been mentioned before. Perhaps she is something to do with the Authority, or the queen of another state?

6. callonmebill says:

I so like Bill as King, does this mean he’s been dethroned? Probably. I look forward to the vampire politics, Vampire Rev. Newlin and hope he’s involved in the said vampire politics too. I also look forward to all the Sookie back and forth craziness her PFV brings out in men and women and her quest in choosing herself. Bring on the Fairies, Marine, Mystery Woman, half alive Tara ? & Russell E and now I will console myself for 9 months with re-watching the first four seasons. Just one question:

AB had Jason wearing the panther baseball cap season after season; why didn’t Jason turn into a panther? S5 it will happen.

7. Lovelylavendar says:

Awesome! already looking forward to it :D

8. Louisianagirl29 says:

I think the female vampire is Hadley! It’s good that Sookie will be alone for a while. She needs time to grow. I think with the books, that they will still use the some things from them. They can’t use the main plot of the next book because on the show weres are born not made. They can’t use the sniper story. Eric has his memory back and Tara already was already abused by a vampire, so they can’t use any of these things. I think stuff like the packmaster contest will be there. I don’t know if Debbie’s death will be reported. If not, they have that storyline of her crazy sister looking for revenge. I’m an Eric fan. I was really surprised that so many fans were pissed off she didn’t chose Eric and vowed they were never watch the show again. Come on people! It’s fiction! I really like this show and I love books. I’m going to continue to watch and read because they are are both greatly entertaining!

9. zuri says:

I am sick and tired of people complaining about the show not being like the books..here’s an idea..don’t watch. If the show followed the books word for word…where is the excitement? You would know what was going to happen anyway..smh..get over it. I have read all of the books and I like how Allan has put his own spin on it..keeps me guessing. I must say though I hate what he did to Tara..she is so fragile and not anything like the Tara we saw the first couple of seasons. I don’t want to see that Tara go but this one in Season 4..I would not be sad if she didn’t return. With season 5 going into Faery, does that mean Niall and Dermot are going to be introduced too? I can’t wait!!

10. Esther Dusseault says:

I love the books for what they are. Entertainment! I love the show for the same reason. Let’s not take this to seriously. These are made up people, living made up lives in a made up place. If you have read the books and don’t like where AB has taken the series, stop watching the series. Please don’t whine on this forum about it. I think most of us here, are here because we like the series (or books, or both).

As for the first episode of season 5, I think Eric will fly to Sookie’s side (because he ‘feels’ her distress) and he will take care of Debbie Pelt. Bill has a mess to clean up at home.

11. Truebie1 says:

I have a feeling this mystery woman we’ve heard of before is the real Claudine. Maybe the one that has been around was a fake and with the ‘evil fairies’ that wanted to hurt Sookie. Especially the way she looked so scary when she died. I’d like to see the real Claudine appear in a similar description as books. I think the audience would be surprised. Sookie could really use her in her life, especially if Tara remains dead.

12. Jww says:

Hello, the vampire at the center of season 5 is CLEARLY going to be Tara. How else could Sookie save her? You know her two boys will feel her distress and panic and come running — and that they offer to turn her to save her in the only way possible. So then you can imagine that the storyline will play out through the season with Tara dealing with her new vampness and the self-loathing she will inevitably feel about it.

Have to say that, having just devoured the entirety of season 4 in about two days, I’m going to have a serious hangover if we don’t get ANY sexy Eric story lines next season. While the series departs from the books all over the place, the Sookie & Eric romance is one element I want them to keep in!