Stephen Moyer tells about the ring and the proposal

In an interview yesterday at the Nylon Magazine Party, Stephen Moyer revealed to Access Hollywood that he had the engagement ring made by jeweler Cathy Waterman and that he proposed to Anna on a white sandy beach in Hawaii where the couple was on vacation earlier this year with Stephen’s children.

August 25, 2009

Now we know he helped to design the ring. Sweet. I like Anna defending him by saying “not mine” when responding to the reporter about guys being clueless about rings.

August 25, 2009

Yeah, I loved that too

And I love Stephen little smile when talking about it. Awww

August 25, 2009

of course he did everything so perfect. aaaw. he did sem a little glowy talking about it. i wonder how long it took anna to stop crying tears into the ocean after all that romance. also sweet that a song from the show was involved in the idea. too precious. and he did really well designing the ring with his friend. yes, most guys would be closely. tell her anna, your man knows what you want.

August 25, 2009

All I have to say is…. Could Stephen be any more perfect ?
    Anna is one lucky woman!

August 25, 2009

How perfect – Hawaii – included his kids – helped design the ring – I’m swooning over here.

August 25, 2009

I’m all smiles, so romantic and with the kids there…..

August 25, 2009

Anna looked annoyed. I don’t blame her.

August 25, 2009

I don’t think she was. That’s how she is, lol! I don’t see what she had to be annoyed over. The woman who interviewed them wasn’t pushy at all and she was nice

August 25, 2009

When she is talking about personal stuff in interviews (tv), she gets a little protective about it. one word responses, facial expressions, etc.

lol. I notice stuff like that.

August 25, 2009

Not saying she Anna isn’t nice. fyi

August 26, 2009

Yeah, she’s guarded and stuff, but I don’t think she’s annoyed

August 26, 2009

How much do I love this couple? They are a perfect match and two of the nicest, most grounded people in the entertainment business. They are both so lucky and blessed to have found each other. Everything happens for a reason. I am so happy for them!

August 26, 2009

sigh. i’m prodigiously envious. :) it’s like the perfect storybook romance. they’re both so darned cute about each other!! what more could you want? i want to see a closer pic of the ring now.

August 26, 2009

Very sweet. How can you help but wish them all the happiness in the world.

August 26, 2009

I want my very own Stephen, to propose to me on a white sandy beach and design my gorgeous engagement ring. Oh, and to look sexy as hell standing beside me. Think Anna would rent him out? She’d make a mint.

August 26, 2009

i really haven’t found anything wrong with him. he’s perfect. that’s why i knew the proposal story would be perfect too. he seems like a romantic. i want one too.

mint??

a lot of $$$

Oh!

I’m not sure if she’s game, lol

August 26, 2009

Their story just keeps getting better and better. I felt from the beginning that he may have designed the ring since it is so different from the “classic” diamonds you see now a days. She is a unique person and he wanted her ring to be the same. I couldn’t be happier for them because they really do adore each other, it is plain to see. It’s ok for Anna to be more guarded about them, we know Stephen will probably tell us anything he is asked, another sign that he is her ying to his yang.

I know. If Anna doesn’t tell, go to Stephen! LOL

August 26, 2009

you are correct. he is the talker. i knew any further details would come from him.

August 26, 2009

I love that we have accepted that now, haha. I love Anna alot and all, but she’s not the person I’m expecting things like this from. I’m just waiting patiently for Stephen to say it for her. I’m OK with that, lol

August 26, 2009

it’s so funny because in the show bill is the reserved one and sookie is the talker and with stephen and anna it’s the opposite. but stephen does have bill’s romantic spirit. aaaw.

August 26, 2009

What a lovely surprise to find this story. Sweet and romantic … Stephen, you are a gem! I’m very happy for them.

August 26, 2009

Stephen should write a book on romance and taking care of your lady. I’d buy it for my man. I love him but romance is not really his thing.

August 26, 2009

Such a romantic story. Stephen is the perfect man!

August 26, 2009

Stephen’s marriage proposal and helping design the engagement ring makes him such a romantic at heart. He’s perfect.

August 26, 2009

He’s such a sweetheart! Anna, you got a great one!

August 26, 2009

The only thing more beautiful than that ring is Stephen. He’s a gem. She’s OK too…she’s growing on me. I’m so jealous it hurts my hair.

August 26, 2009

LOL..It makes me feel better knowing I’m not the only one admitting to being a bit jealous of Anna. Right now she has it ALL, and by ALL I mean Stephen! :)

August 26, 2009

We are all jealous. Some will not admit it but come on there is a green haze hanging over us all. :) At the same I want them to be together and happy forever and a day.

August 26, 2009

It must be true love if our beloved’s happiness is more important than our own.

August 27, 2009

I am just jealous that he didn’t come along for me. but i am happy to live vicariously through there romance. I know that hate to share but for us that have no love life to speak of it is out fix. so please keep the stories and pix coming.

August 27, 2009

What more could any woman ask for? Stephen is my dream man!

Just thinking…….We all know that Anna is a private person. She doesn’t like to talk too much about her personal life, right?

So what do you think ladies….Did Anna kick Stephen’s bum for sharing some details about the marriage proposal? :) hehe

August 28, 2009

Stephen is beautiful, sexy and so talented. Also, what a romatic! It takes my breath away that he would do such wonderful things for Anna. The fact that not only did he propose on a beach in Hawaii but he had his kids along. That may not sound romantic at first but it shows he is a great father figure as well. Anna is such a lucky girl.
    We are so very fortunate that HBO and Alan Ball had the good taste to choose him to play Bill Compton. There is no other who could do this role. And I would want no other. That would be sacriledge.
    Bring us more Stephen please!

August 30, 2009

They are so sweet together .. yes, I think his telling all about the engagement will get him into a little trouble, but not too much … since he loves her so

He is lucky also to have found someone who accepts the 2 children from 2 different women scenario and a 13-year age difference. She truely deserves all the happiness she gets .. as does he

September 03, 2009

When I finally caught on to TB (No HBO, book first, then 1st season DVDs)and learned that Anna & Stephen were a couple, I thought that was kind of interesting. Then, I got kind of obsessed to find out more about them. How real was it afterall? There is a weekly barrage of off again, on again, rumored hook-ups, and romances of high profile celebrities, in an effort to sell magazines and draw attention to gossip sites. Well, how refreshing to find out that Stephen and Anna are the real deal. I was surprised to discover how far under the radar they had managed to stay for the most part, even after they went public with it (“cult show”, not high profile enough perhaps). They make me smile, adore and admire them both, wish them all the happiness in the world, and, yes, I vicariously live through their romantic real-life story. Thanks for giving up the details of the engagement Stephen. Icing on the cake.