June 04, 2009

OK, i started to get a bit worried for a short time there, but I like the: “One of the things I love about the fact that this is an ongoing show is that things will change, and then they’ll change again”

I see that as “things will change”(Eric/Sookie) and then they’ll change again”(back to Bill/Sookie again)

June 05, 2009

I see his statement the same way you do.

June 04, 2009

i love this. hbo doing this shows they have respect for the fans and are really invested in the show. i loved how straightforward alan was with his answers. we can’t expect him to tell us exactly what is going to happen, but he answers what he can very openly. you can see his passion for the show and his thoughtfulness shine through. i truly believe he will be respectful to both teams. he’s like a dad saying i can’t make all of you happy all of the time, but i’m trying to please you all, even if i put my own spin on things.

June 04, 2009

I wouldn’t be too concerned about Sookie and her relationships because there are a wealth of other interesting characters and relationships in True Blood. I can’t wait to see how Tara and Maryanne turn out and Jason’s involvement in FotS. So much is going on, that is equally as good as Sookie and the Bill/Eric love story. Plus, the books spends a lot of time on Sookie’s love life because it is told from her point of view. The show and the books really balance each other out.

With the way the 9th book ended, I think you will be seeing a lot of what you want with the Eric and Sookie dynamic. So I hope you will enjoy that. :)

June 04, 2009

actually me and sanna are for bill haha. i like the eric character, but i am all about bill. no disrespect to eric fans.

June 04, 2009

Oh, sorry, I just assume that the majority of people online are Eric fans. I’m also leaning towards Bill even though I want to say all the characters are my favorite, but really, I fell in love with Bill.

June 04, 2009

the majority of fans on the vault are bill fans, but the site is for everyone. glad to hear you are a fellow billsbabe. i know it seems we are in the minority online. it’s because eric becomes the leading man in the books and has a more vocal, longstanding fanbase from the books and also his previous work. i am coming from the show perspective, i know everything that happens in the books and am still a bill fan. i acknowledge some things may happen that i don’t like but it doesn’t take away from the relationship bill and sookie have developed written from alan’s perspective. i think this was a good way for him to speak to bill and eric fans and letting us all know neither vampire will be ignored. he knows there is a huge fan rivalry.

June 04, 2009

It was hard to post a question that AB might actually answer & the questions were posted so long ago, that answering mine was almost mute by this time. But, it was cool that my question was still picked. I feel so honoured.

June 04, 2009

i recognized most of those names and that is really cool. i don’t post on hbo anymore but i lurk and feel like i know you guys. i was proud of the “bill” and “bill on the brain” girls. brava!!!

June 04, 2009

I wouldn’t say the Bill fans are in the minority. There’s ALOT of Bill fans who haven’t read the books. And the Eric fans are maybe more….outspoken, lol! If they want to say something, they really say something, hehe

June 05, 2009

I think the reason why Eric fans are so outspoken is because Sookie is with Bill right now, and because of the glorified extra status for season one. If the situation was reversed, there would be outspoken Bill fans everywhere.

June 05, 2009

As always, love to hear what AB has to say. He does have quite a juggling act to perform here. But he always amazes me. I don’t always get what I thought I wanted, but in the end I’m always very pleased and a little smarter. This story is in such good hands.

June 05, 2009

First of all, it took me a very long time to click in and actually get the “Leave a Reply” block. Finally made it. I’m always interested in what Alan has to say. He is walking a fine line. I’m a Bill/Sookie gal, and my heart will break if they don’t end up together. But, I know how the books go, and I know that everything must be juggled to be as faithful to the spirit of the books as possible. *sigh* So … chin up and on I go. I will enjoy the story, no matter what.