The Vault Exclusive Interview with Jim Parrack about ‘POST’

Jim Parrack’s has just completed a very personal and lovely film, called “POST” which premiered last Friday night at the El Portal Theater in North Hollywood, CA.  I attended the Premiere and will report on it shortly. It’s pretty miraculous that this film is completely Jim’s invention, and he was the entire crew.

Last week, I asked Jim if he would sit for an interview with me to discuss his new film. He invited me to his home to do so and on Wednesday, June 7, I met with him, his wife Ciera and his friend Scott Haze.

Ciera is the star of the film playing the part of Sophia along with Scott who also stars in the role of a marine.  While Sophia is the story’s focus, both characters are linked to each other by an event that is explained in the film. As you will hear when viewing the interview, Jim had a good sized cast in the film that included his family, as well as Glee’s Heather Morris and Mark Pelligrino from Lost and Supernatural.

After we enjoyed a very good bowl of soup, in their comfortable kitchen, the three actors sat down with me for the interview.  At the end of Part 2, Jim reveals a couple of True Blood Season 4 secrets, well, sort of.

Watch the two part interview below:

Be sure to watch for my upcoming coverage of the Premiere from last Friday that should be online sometime this week!

Thanks to Jim, Ciera and Scott for taking the time to speak to me.

And, thanks to Shadaliza for compiling and adding special effects to the videos.

June 13, 2011

Fantastic interview, Lynn! Definitely want to see Jim’s new movie. X)

June 13, 2011

Fascinating interview with Jim, Ciera and their friend Scott. I only had time for Part I and will return later to catch up with Part II. A couple of thoughts … I’m sorry that Jim’s Battle Los Angeles experience was so creatively disappointing for him. But it led him to Post, and gave him an opportunity to work out of the morass (my word) he found himself in after participating in the above-mentioned film. I appreciate his way of working and the value he placed on the actors. They are the vehicle through which the story is told.

Thanks for this, Lynn. Well done. I’m looking forward to Part II.

June 13, 2011

Well, I’ll probably never get to see this film, although I’d really like to see it one day, but I’m happy for Jim that he got to do this and the interview was great to watch.

June 13, 2011

Fantastic interview Lynn. Jim,Ciera and Scott seem like genuine people in a town where such a thing is rare. It’s not easy to find someone who is not in it for the money, but to produce an artful, meaningful body of work. I wish them success with this project and future projects as well.

June 13, 2011

Continued success and happiness for the interviewees and congratulations for getting such an in-depth, relaxed interview with them. And I agree, the right side of the fence, for sure.

Wow, wow, wow !!!!
    I love the interview where I learn new things. Jim, Ciera and Scott are so nice and just like the rest of us ..
    Thanks to everyone involved. Thanks, Lynn …. You have to continue to do this !!!. You do it so well!

June 13, 2011

I just watched Part II. I hope I get a chance to see Post some day. It sounds like an enriching, life-affirming film. Honestly, there aren’t many of those out there these days. Congratulations to Jim, Ciera, Scott and the entire cast. I hope Post gets picked up … it richly deserves to be seen.

I enjoyed the TB tidbits that Jim shared, and especially appreciated hearing how the True Blood cast, crew and production staff are “family” in the best sense of the word.

Well done, Lynn, and thank you for the beautiful banner.

June 13, 2011

thank you thank you thank you Lynn!!!!
    Beautiful!! Thank you for your loving support and True Blood Peeps thank you for all your love and the way you all have shown an interest in us!! This is my heart and soul and family and thank you for embracing them all
    we wanna find a way to make it available to you all!!
    Thanks Lynn and the Vault
    All my love
    jimmy

June 13, 2011

He sounds slightly disillusioned and quite idealistic. I hope you don’t mind my saying, I think it can be risky for a newer actor trying to break into the business to publically make some of the statements he does, especially about his recent film, “Battle of Los Angeles”. I think it wouldn’t hurt for Jim to hire a publicist. Sorry, but I have to say it because I enjoy this actor and would like to see his career flourish.

June 13, 2011

I just came back home from a 2 hour walk by the ocean and all during that I time, as I gazed upon the sea, I was thinking of why I’m here. People like Jim are one of the reasons I want to be here. All of the True Blood cast are that way and they are therefore people I want to emulate. I was remembering what Jim said the day of the interview, that he feels very deeply and passionately about this film, as well as his career. Selle, I know you are speaking from your heart, but you just don’t know all the facts and therefore, I don’t think should judge too quickly. I know this is something that Jim has thought long and hard about or he wouldn’t have said what he did.

Post is a wonderful film and I respect an actor who has high ideals; and that’s Jim, or should I say “Jimmy P”. ;-)

June 16, 2011

Au contraire, mon ami. A publicist is exactly what Jim Parrack needs least. What a brilliant, articulate and courageous soul. Do I want to be deprived of ANY peak experience courtesy of the Parracks? A publicist? Gag me with a spoon. At the end of POST I was speechless. I still can’t find the words to describe it.

June 13, 2011

Well done Lynn. How gracious for Jim and his lovely wife Ciera to invite you to their home to interview them and Scott. I am impressed by the sincere passion they have for their craft and art. I do hope to see Post at some point. If more of us were in the in L.A. area they may have needed a larger theatre for the premiere.
    Lynn I agree you far more suited for the inside of the fence.

June 16, 2011

I hope you can see it, too, on the big screen if at all possible.

June 13, 2011

Great interview! Jim, Ciera, and Scott are all class acts. I congratulate you all for getting this project off the ground and running. Youre dedication to your craft is obvious.

I was most impressed by Jim being refreshingly honest about his views of the business. That’s a rarity.

I’d love to be able to see this film someday. Hopefully it will find an audience on the festival circuit to where I can. The plot sounds very intriguing.

Great job as always, Lynn and thanks for your hard work!

Great interview!
    Jimmy P. I hope to see you and your film at the Toronto International Film Festival sometime soon! Best of luck.

June 13, 2011

What a nice way to spend some time with Jim Parrack, his wife and friend. Your interview was wonderful, Lynn, and Shadaliza did a great job with the editing. You are so relaxed and you allow the interviewee to discuss the subject without interrrupting and rushing to get to your agenda, as so many interviewers do.
    I am impressed with Jim’s vision and value system. He truly wants to pursue film for the sake of performance as art, not for the dastardly dollar! I hope he can make the films he wants to make, and I hope we get to see them.
    I’m sure you will let us know when and if we can view “Post.”
    Again – really enjoyable and insightful view into another extraordinary cast member from TB!

June 13, 2011

Wonderful interview Lynn of Jim, Ciera and Scott and I too hope one day see his film ‘Post’.

Jim sounds like a passionate artist behind or infront of the camera and I wish him, his family and fellow artists much success in the future.

June 14, 2011

I just watched the whole interview, it was very interesting to hear about this film. I admire you, Jim, for following your heart and making this film. I hope I get to see it.

I’ve also been wondering about that doll. What is really about the doll? I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

I wish you all the best.

June 15, 2011

Great interview, Lynn! I really hope the film becomes available to a wide audience as I’d love to see it. Jim is a peach, for sure.

June 17, 2011

I enjoyed hearing about Post and how it came to be. Great interview!!