Last week on Friday at Comic Con, I waited in line for most of the day in order to get in the room just to see one panel. The panel I was hoping to see that day was Entertainment Weekly’s: Powerful Women in Pop Culture (aka Women Who Kick Ass!) featuring True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten.
Next to the True Blood panel, I enjoyed this panel the most, and I saw a lot of panels. I am a big fan of Kristin and I thought she was, and is, very “kick ass.” One of the highlights was when Kristin was introduced and walked out on stage wearing Pam’s Wall Mart sweatshirt. Also, I loved it when she discussed her bedroom scene with Alexander Skarsgård.
Moderated by EW’s Lynette Rice, during the panel, each woman opened up about the power and privilege of playing characters that have redefined the rules for women or represent women who kick ass. The other members of the panel were Sarah Wayne Callies (Walking Dead), Kristin Kreuk (Beauty and the Beast), Nikki Reed (Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn-Part 2), and Anna Torv (Fringe).
While I found the other ladies of the panel interesting, I think we can all agree, that Kristin was the one who really “kicked ass” on this panel.
Below is a video containing the clips that feature Kristin’s participation on the panel.
Sorry for the movement of the camera; it was pretty crazy in the audience.
Latest posts by Lynnpd (see all)
- GIVEAWAY – WIN a True Blood Volume 4 Music CD! - May 25, 2013
- True Blood Season 6: Season 5 Extended Recap - May 24, 2013
- Anna Paquin in Steaming Hot in Modern Luxury Angeleno Magazine - May 24, 2013
- True Blood Nominated for the UK’s TV Choice Award - May 24, 2013
- Joe Manganiello to participate in this year’s “A Time for Heroes” - May 24, 2013