Three True Blood Co-Executive Producers have Signed Two Year Deal

Posted by Lynnpd On October - 24 - 20118 COMMENTS

As everyone knows, the writers of True Blood are essential to it’s success. They wow us over and over with their skills of coming up with some crazy and awesome story lines and quotes for each episode. Its great to see that they will be expanding their talents not only on True Blood, but also on other HBO programming.

Alexander Woo, Raelle Tucker, Brian Buckner

As reported by Deadline.com, co-executive producers Alexander Woo, Raelle Tucker and Brian Buckner, have signed separate 2-year overall deals with HBO. Under the 2-year pacts, the three will continue as co-executive producers on the vampire drama for the upcoming fifth season. Additionally, the deals call for UTA-repped Woo and Tucker and CAA-repped Buckner to develop new projects for the pay cable network. (Woo, Tucker and Buckner may also stay with True Blood if the series goes to a sixth season.) All 3 have been with the show, created and executive produced by Alan Ball, since the beginning.

We’ve all speculated on how many seasons True Blood will run. Is Season 5 to be it’s last or will it go on to Season 6 or even 7?  We know you’re all thrilled that the threesome above will be with the show for season 5, but what do you think about the future of our favorite vampire drama? Tell us your opinions by leaving a comment below.

style="display:inline-block;width:468px;height:60px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-1607175887327377"
data-ad-slot="2898711400">

Share with your friends
Facebook Twitter Plusone Pinterest Tumblr Stumbleupon Reddit Digg Email

8 Responses to “Three True Blood Co-Executive Producers have Signed Two Year Deal”

1. Rowena says:

I’m delighted to hear about the signing of Woo, Tucker and Buckner. We know there will be a Season 5. I have this feeling that True Blood will go one beyond that … to a 6th season. It’s just a gut feeling. I’m okay with 6, although 7 would be even better.

[Reply]

2. sharon says:

I don’t care how long it goes after season 5 as long as Stephen Moyer stays on my TV in something, and in more movies.

[Reply]

3. karin los angeles says:

I am guessing six since I read Alexander had signed a 6 yr. contract-and he was talking about doing other things. As long as I can see Stephen act his heart out in some great parts and emote with those expressions of his-I will be happy. Between all the horror shows on now, and with vamps aging in real life….it seems it would be better to go out with a bang rather than a whimper. And all of Charlaines series books will be over in 2 yrs.

[Reply]

4. callonmebill says:

I am happy for the co- executive producers of True Blood in securing future developement projects with HBO but this also worries me. As a faithful True Blood and Bill/Stephen Moyer fan since S1E1 I want it to go on for many more seasons but know it will end in the next few years *tears*. I hope S5 will not be the end, just one more season is not enough for this true fan.

[Reply]

5. Debbie says:

I am happy for another season but would like more. The writers are great and I hope they will be there till the end. True Blood is the only reason I have HBO. Please keep it on.

[Reply]

6. mabjazzy says:

Great news for Trueblood fans!

[Reply]