True Blood – Episode 6 draws 4 million viewers

Stephen Moyer in True Blood Episode 6

Stephen Moyer in True Blood Episode 6

According to the TV by the Numbers web site, True Blood brought in 4.0 million viewers during the airing of Episode 6  on Sunday night, July 26.  It has also helped out the HBO shows that follow it, Hung and Entourage.

No official word from HBO if True Blood has been picked up for a Season 3.

True Blood (9:03pm, 50 minutes)

– 4.0 million viewers
– 2.4/4 HH rating / share
– 2.0/6 A18-49 rating / share

SOURCE

July 30, 2009

With numbers like this how could HBO not renew?
    Bill looks super hot in this photo……yummy!

July 30, 2009

Based on the second half preview TB will draw 10 million for the season finale.

July 30, 2009

With how much HBO likely spent to promote TB (and market a Tru Blood beverage) at the Comic Con I believe it is highly likely a 3rd season will be a reality.

Show renewals are usually based on contracts. It’s probable that Alan Ball and HBO are fine tuning that details of that contract as we speak. After all the “t’s” are crossed and “i’s” are dotted then they will officially announce it.

However, if I were a betting man, I would say right before the season finale HBO will make it’s announcement-just for suspense.

July 30, 2009

Stephen in a tux. Delicious! Alan was positive about a Season 3, and thought that an announcement would be forthcoming shortly. With the popularity of the show continually escalating, they’ve got to have a “3.”

July 30, 2009

i really don’t think we have anything to worry about as far as a renewal. all the cast and crew seem pretty confident aout it, so i wouldn’t stress guys. anyways, i have a serious tuxedo fetish and looking at that pic of bill makes me want to rip that bow-tie off and ruff him up.

July 30, 2009

Cocoa you are reading my mind. :) Do you think they made him even paler in the flashback so he would appear more sinister?
      He looks both beautiful and chilling at the same time.

July 30, 2009

I believe Alan Ball had mentioned they’ll at least film Season 3 Episode 1 around December before Christmas. In SD Comic Con, he mentioned fans will see werewolves and he found the character Debbie Pelt very interesting, which she is a big part of Book 3 as Alcide’s girlfriend. Also, both Stephen and Alex had signed contract for 6-7yrs… definitely a season 3 :-) Who knows, maybe after a few seasons(years) there’ll be a movie, like what happened with Sex and the City.

July 30, 2009

P-I was a huge fan of SATC, when it was on HBO, but didn’t like the film as much. It’s sometimes difficult to translate from small screen to large, so if they end up doing a film of TB, I sure hope it’s better then the original. However, I’m sure Stephen Moyer would translate well to big screen, as Bill.

By the way, I think we all know that there will be a season 3, but can’t say so until HBO announces.

July 31, 2009

I can’t get enough of this show. It is so well written, and the acting is tops, it is, handsdown, the best show on right now. I can’t recall ever watching an episode on tv, two, three or four times. Each time you pick up new little pieces of the script or the acting, which make you think further. This is the only time, for me, when a movie/series, has been better than the books.
    Love Bill, Love Eric, Love Lafayette!! My favs of the show. Fabulous!!

July 31, 2009

Ditto for me Natasha. I watch each episode a minimum of 4 times, sometimes to make sure I have followed all the storylines going on, but admittedly often just to watch Bill & Sookie. My best friend is still watching my Season 1 DVDs and I can’t wait for her to start watching Season 2 with me, so I’ll be re-watching everything one more time (she doesn’t have HBO, so will be coming to my house for her viewing pleasure!). Can’t remember the last time I was so excited about a TV show. Love the show, the cast, the writing, the music. It’s all SOoo good.