True Blood Season 2 Spoilers

Michael Ausiello from EW feeds us a few more spoilers.

Question: Please give us fang bangers some True Blood scoop. I cannot wait for season 2. Will some of it take place in Dallas like the second book did? –Jessie
Ausiello:
Yep. In the new season’s fourth episode, Sookie, Bill, and their adoptive vamp Jessica (played by the awesome Deborah Ann Woll) wing it to Dallas, but there’s a surprise waiting for them at the airport. Later in the episode, an even bigger shock awaits Sookie when a, ahem, special visitor drops by her hotel room.

Question: Not that I don’t appreciate the awesome True Blood scoop we got last week, it’s just that I need, really need, scoop on Sookie/Eric. Is anything gonna happen between them? –Sofia
Ausiello:
Something happens in the first four episodes that may lead one to believe Eric has eyes for someone else (hint: it’s a dude!). But maybe I’m reading too much into it.

June 04, 2009

I like that he couldn’t give her any spoilers on Eric/Sookie….because nothing happens, hehe

The surprise at the airport is interesting. I think it’s the FOTS guy

June 04, 2009

I really hope the surprise… visitor is Eric, this way it can stay true to the book and I can scream! haha

I agree** I think it’s the FOTS guy too.

June 04, 2009

I’m kind of tired of people asking about Eric, though I do understand that people are big fans of his from the book. It’s nice to just enjoy the show for what it is and stop bothering Alan Ball to do things a certain way. He knows what he is doing. No offense to anyone.

June 04, 2009

Don’t misunderstand me. I LOVE Stephen Moyer & I love Bill & Sookie together on the show. However, ERIC IS the books. He is the most exciting Male character in them. Of course people are going to ask about him, especially fans of the books. I totaly trust Alan Ball and i know he will do whatever is right for the show because he is brilliant. I know there won’t be any E/S action this season but I’ll be excited to see any Eric action, no matter what is or who it is with. Even a dude! LOL!

June 04, 2009

I understand where you are coming from, but unfortunately for some, Alan Ball doesn’t read any of the blogs or listen to what the fans have to say. I feel really sorry for him because in one of the interviews he mentioned that it’s really hard on his creative process when people are criticizing him. I’m not saying that anyone on this blog has, but in other blogs, they get pretty mean about certain things, mostly about Eric not getting enough air time. I have to say, I like the True Blood Eric because he is a lot scarier and meaner. It really stays true to his roots as a Viking. But at this point, I’m not a fan that favors any character over the other. I think they are all great.

June 04, 2009

I totally trust Alan Ball’s direction with the show. I tend to look at the show the same way I look at old Star Trek vs. New Star Trek and enjoy it as a seperate entity or retelling.

Sookie and Bill are truly soul-mates (that cannot be denied). However, last season those two were always fighting/breaking up/recinciling. They were like two forces of nature that gravitated towards each other, only to be ripped apart again when the circumstances proved to be too much for Sookie to deal with.
        While I don’t see Sookie having ga-ga’s for Eric anytime soon, it is possible that Eric might start appreciating Sookie’s strength of character. Thereby Eric having a soft spot for Sookie from season 2 onward.
        Also, let us not forget Lorena is likely to make an appearance this season. And that spells trouble for Bill/Sookie.
        And I speculate that Bill might ask Sophie Anne to intervene and pull rank on Eric. Which just might lead into the Dead to the World storyline (should Mr. Ball go down that route).
        That’s what makes True Blood so much fun. It doesn’t follow the books TOO religiously, so one can still only speculate as to what can happen.

Again, just my thoughts.

June 04, 2009

“Eric has eyes for someone else (hint: it’s a dude!)”

Hhhmm I’m guessing his maker. He’s interested of course, BUT I don’t think in a romantic way. He’s gone missing and Eric went to find him.

I’m not expecting the S/E romance *as of yet* in this season because this is based on the 2nd book. But I’m just happy that Eric gets more air time this season.

June 04, 2009

If Eric swings both ways I’m fine with that, but I won’t have a tv show ruin my one of my favorite fictional characters for me. I’ll tune out if his character is changed that much.

You can’t say you’re trying to stay as true to Charlaine’s characters as creativly possible (as he has said) and then alter one THAT much. I understand most of his changes, but this one uh uh. For God’s sake they’re a love triangle and continue to be one through-out the books. Yes, yes, I know this is a tv show, but Sookie and Bill are true to the books and Eric should be too.

June 05, 2009

I was thinking the same thing. While I”m sure that over the course of 1000 years he has gone both ways, whether willing or not, making Eric flat-out homosexual is just a little TOO far overboard for me.

June 05, 2009

I think “it’s a dude” is just Eric’s disguise in Dallas, and as to the S/B/E triangle I trust AB to work it all out as we go along for a very wild ride. I can hardly wait!

June 05, 2009

Remember sex is different for vamps after all they live forever. As far as Eric’s attraction to Sookie, in case no one caught it,he was attracted to her only after he licked her blood after the maenad attack.

edited for spoilers

June 22, 2009

Actually if you read Dead Until Dark, Alan Ball pretty much stayed true to the book’s account of Eric’s initial attraction to Sookie. When she first went to Fangtasia, Eric kept staring at her from across the room while she was sitting at a booth with Bill. He even attempted to use his glamour to get her come to him though it didn’t work. So that shows he was somewhat interested in Sookie *even if only in a sexual or bloodthirsty way* during their first meeting.

June 05, 2009

i guess that was a spoiler but didn’t see anything about spoilers prohibited on here.

June 05, 2009

Then you must have missed that post a couple of weeks ago, heavy spoilers are not allowed and will be deleted.

June 05, 2009

^I only know the books by hearsay/reading a few passages/skimming so I didn’t know that Eric only liked Sookie after he took her blood. Is that to say that he doesn’t like her naturally?

June 11, 2009

Regarding that so-called spoiler, both book 1 and the show clearly depict that Eric was “intrigued” by Sookie as soon as he saw her. The fascination might have deepened by the blood but that’s not the reason why he is attracted to her.