True Blood Season 6 First Casting is Rutger Hauer as ‘Macklyn’

Posted by Lynnpd On October - 4 - 201210 COMMENTS

According to TVLine, True Blood has already made its first major Season 6 casting hire.

Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner) is joining the show as Macklyn, a mysterious and sinister figure with deep ties to Sookie and Jason. Hmmm, I wonder if this character has any relation to the infamous “Warlow” that has been rumored to appear in Season 6?

Hauer is well known for his portrayal of Blade Runner‘s Roy Batty, a renegade robot trying to evade capture in Ridley Scott’s classic sci-fi film. But the Dutch actor has a varied resume that includes parts in movies like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Batman Begins and Sin City and guest roles in TV’s Smallville and Alias. In 1988, he won a Golden Globe for his work in the TV movie Escape From Sobibor.

True Blood season 6 is scheduled to start next June.  Can’t wait!

style="display:inline-block;width:468px;height:60px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-1607175887327377"
data-ad-slot="2898711400">

Share with your friends
Facebook Twitter Plusone Pinterest Tumblr Stumbleupon Reddit Digg Email

10 Responses to “True Blood Season 6 First Casting is Rutger Hauer as ‘Macklyn’”

1. Rowena says:

Thanks for the casting heads up. I’m thinking Warlow as well.

[Reply]

2. FatJan says:

Either way, I can’t wait to see this guy. Love him! He is an awesome actor. Loved him in all movies I’ve seen of him thus far. Loved him in Ladyhawke alongside Matthew Broderick and Michelle Pfeiffer.

[Reply]

3. Shadaliza says:

OMG I love him. I am Dutch too and I remember him well from the very first tv series he did in Holland, it was called Floris. My parents named our cat Floris.

[Reply]

4. Susanna says:

Not Warlow, i hink he can be Nail, sookies ochjanson´s grandgrand something.

[Reply]

5. Julia says:

Warlow signed off as M Warlow on the document the Fae translated so I am pretty sure the M stands for Macklyn.

[Reply]

6. boobear says:

VERY GREAT NEWS INDEED!
    I also think he could be Warlow but also combine the role of Niall as well. There are many reasons he could be related to Sookie and Jason and the role of Warlow could be incorporating the role of Niall as well in this True Blood world.
    He is perfect, I have loved every bit of his career!

Can’t wait. is it June yet?

[Reply]

7. Willkill4Bill says:

Can’t wait to see Rutger on TB. He has quite a presence on screen.

[Reply]

8. Pat H says:

That is fantastic!

[Reply]

9. callonmebill says:

Sharp casting of Rutger Hauer in S6 which makes me very happy. I am leaning toward the M. Warlow theory but don’t care who he is just as long as his story fits with the main characters. I first saw Rutger in “Blade Runner” and what’s not to love?

[Reply]