TV Sex Scenes We Don’t Want to See…. Or do we?

unsexy-sexscenes-trueblood-bloody7TV Guide made their list of TV Sex Scenes We Don’t Want to See.

If I could choice one True Blood’s sex scene that I could have done without, it would have been Maryann and little Sam. TV Guide however lists what I believe to be one of the hottest scenes of True Blood Season 2: the bloody kiss of Bill and Sookie.

Am I the only pervert who enjoys watching this?

Check out the other entries on TV Guide.

September 24, 2009

No Shad. You are abso!@#$inlutely not the only one. But I must say I am the minority here for having laughed at the ruse that is the Huddy sex. Sorry…I’ve been a Hameron fan (though that ship has sailed, attacked by a giant squid and now sunk) ever since Season 1 so this kind of “epic fail” made me smirk.

September 24, 2009

uhm, well I thoroughly enjoyed that scene……Bill & Sookie sex scenes are hot!

I could have done without the Maryann one as well and most of the orgy ones…..

September 24, 2009

Yes I remember the first swx scene from Season 2, I love the chemistry between them, the music and its really hot.

September 25, 2009

Yes, Nathan Barr did a particulary good job with that scene.

September 24, 2009

I found that “bloody kiss” scene to be, while perhaps distasteful to some, a perfectly “natural” depiction of vampire lovemaking. Of course there’s going to be an exchange of blood, if sex and blood are inextricably linked for a vampire. I recall a scene from “Dead Until Dark” (that I hoped we would see in the show) where Bill has Sookie drink from him, to build up her strenghth prior to going to Fantasia. Sookie actually drank from his jugular, over her protests that her teeth weren’t sharp enough. It was probably the most sensual scene in the whole book.

September 24, 2009

Oh, I loved that blood kiss! So hot, so kinky. If TVG doesn’t want to watch it, I’ll watch it twice for them (or more).

September 24, 2009

You are not alone, Shad. I found this to be very hot and sexy. He’s a vampire. They bite and drink blood. And to have her blood returned to her in that way by her lover … pretty much off the sensual chart for me. Pass on by, TV Guide. You don’t know what you are missing.

September 24, 2009

Are you kidding!!?? IMO, that scene could have lasted much longer. I was disappointed on how fast they flew through it. LOL

September 24, 2009

Shadalize I’m in the pervert line behind you on that bloody kiss sex scene.

I though the whole sex/love scene was beautifully shot to convey Bills vampire sexuality but also convey their love for each other. The blood is all part of making love with a vampire, I don’t know why TV Guide doesn’t understand that.

I could have done without the almost an orgy per episode, overkill I say.

September 24, 2009

Before TB I was not into vampires, but I just loved this Bill/Sookie kiss.

I wonder if the writers meant the Bill/Lorena bloody bed scene – that’s more like Tarentino – but the editor changed the picture?

September 24, 2009

Are they crazy? That scene was so hot! How can blood not be involved when you are having sex with a vampire?

September 24, 2009

No Shad you have a lot of company…..

Add me to list of “bloody kiss” lovers. Let’s put it this way….my fast forward and rewind buttons are tired!!

That scene is sensuality personified!

September 24, 2009

To me, that bloody kiss was artistic but gross. You could tell Steve was holding the blood in his mouth and then sort of let it leak out just below Anna’s bottom lip. Possibly because she didn’t want to get all that goop dumped in her mouth? Sorry, but that’s what it looked like to me.

The sight of large amounts of blood streaming is really sickening to me and seeing someone with poke-holes in their neck veins makes me uncomfortable. I’m glad they normally don’t show much blood-feeding in True Blood.

September 25, 2009

Right here is where I’d want to make a comment about sex and blood and ‘goop’ in your mouth and swallowing, but I probably shouldnt do that (unless I already did)

We need so much more vampire sex.

September 25, 2009

well uhm, isn’t the “blood” like a thickened pomegranate (sp) juice or something like that….
        at first I was slightly put off but hey Sookie wasn’t…..and the more I watched it it seemed so normal for them..he is a vampire after all.

September 25, 2009

MyBabyBill, yes we need so much more Vampire Sex (in capitals). I think TV Guide’s misguided list entry has brought to the surfaced the withdrawal symptoms all us TB fans are feeling. S1 spoiled us and we were expecting the same amount of Vampire Sex in season 2. We got 1 1/2 scenes of B&S, the Hotel stuff does not count and 1 E&S scene. I don’t know if the Evil Bill scene counts as sex, that was just gore and Jessica/Hoyt don’t count either.
        Well and since Bill’s kidnapped….. maybe Sookie can dream some more…… about their reunion, or you fill in the blank____________.

Sorry, just had to vent a bit.

Selle,
      Just a question, no offense, but if the sight of blood streaming down and poke holes in necks make you “uncomfortable” then why the hell are you watching vampire shows?

September 26, 2009

You have asked a fair question, so I’ll answer.

It’s a matter of degree and placement and it’s a visceral response. Interestingly, it’s estimated that 15% of the population actually faints if they see enough blood. It’s believed to be an inherited response related to our human evolution. Go figure, huh.

If I see too much blood on any show, vampire or not, I have to look away. This is the first vampire show I’ve ever watched that I really really liked. No, loved.

In general, this show doesn’t usually have too much blood but when it does, like when they pulled out that vampire’s teeth at the tribunal, I had to look away. If it ever got to the point where it’s all over the place too often, I wouldn’t be able to watch it.

Thank goodness, though, that’s not the case.

September 24, 2009

Not at all! I can’t wait for the DVD release so that I can watch it again.(I don’t get HBO on demand in my area of the country – gotta love or hate small towns in the deep South). But then I think all the scenes between Bill and Sookie are sexy!

September 24, 2009

No No No !TV Guide is all wrong on this one. That scene was HOT but unfortunately too short & the only REAL sex scene between Bill & Sookie we saw all season.

September 24, 2009

I have to add this tidbit. What can I say? It’s the laundress in me. After relishing that scene, I thought to myself “those stains will be the devil to get out of that white bedding.” Thus does practicality encroach upon sensuality.

September 24, 2009

I am not much of a housewife… I don’t think about those things.

September 24, 2009

It was very much an afterthought. But after 40 some years, those sorts of considerations are ingrained in me.

Bill or Bedspread?

I think we all know the answer.

September 24, 2009

I enjoy all the scenes. Nothing is too over the top for me. BRING IT ALL ON !

September 24, 2009

Nope, you’re not alone… I love it all too!! If I had to choose, I would say, I would have rather not seen Mike Spencer… ewww… he looks like Bozo the Clown. pisha! But bring on my vampire, shifter, were lovemaking any day!

September 26, 2009

I actually wanted Mike Spencer to die in the finale.I was so sick of seeing him run around naked and being disgusting. He is the coroner and funeral director of BT. I would not let him pickup roadkill let alone a loved one or my dead body. eewwwwwww

I can handle as much blood and naked Bill as they can film. :)

September 24, 2009

I really loved that scene (as I do ALL Bill & Sookie love scenes!), though I didn’t particularly like the bloody part of it. But I don’t consider it gross either.
    There definately were other sex scenes I didn’t really need to see.

September 24, 2009

NO you are not weird for liking this scene because I enjoyed it very much myself!!!!! He is just so fine and that scene was …. well if you’ve seen it enough said!

No way!
    If I had a vamp boyfriend I would totally want to do that!

Kinky stuff is always fun! ;)

September 24, 2009

I agree Shad! The scene was unexpected which made it sexy as hell.
    Their chemistry is smokin’
    However the Maryann/Sam scene felt like child abuse. I will FF through that scene when I play season 2 DVD.

September 24, 2009

In a word, Shad, nope. ;-)

I loved that scene.

September 24, 2009

I thought that kiss was sexy as hell. When you’re with a vampire there’s bound to be blood! Now all the orgy scenes with Mary Ann I could have done without! Bring on any love scene between Bill/Sookie!

September 24, 2009

That bloody kiss between Bill and Sookie is HOT HOT HOT!! It is by far my fave sex scene between them. I have watched it more times than I can count! LOL *blushes*

September 24, 2009

Who wrote in this in TV Guide, the Newlins? I loved that scene, so sexy and just what lovemaking would be with a vampire and the woman he loves. Vampires = Blood As Bill said once “I wouldn’t change a thing”. Not all together the truth because yall know I have a femoral artery with Bill’s name on it.
    The orgies were not enjoyable nor was the MA and young Sam scene.

September 25, 2009

hahaha! the Newlins…love it!

I liked this scene just fine and anyone into watching a vamp series should as well!
      I agree with the people who weren’t into the orgies…but even grosser then the naked old chubby people in all those scenes was the one at the bar when the guys are licking MUSTARD off of a girls body. That was DISGUSTING. there is nothing sexy about mustard!!! They were in a bar! Use a cordial or something! not a condiment!

September 24, 2009

we only wish there were many more of those scenes!

September 24, 2009

Nope Shadaliza, you are not the only pervert who enjoys watching this! There are at least 28 others! LOL

September 24, 2009

Call me pervert as well! I just wish the scene was longer! I agree with you Shad on the Maryann/Young Sam sex scene-could have done without. But I guess Alan Ball wanted us to know more about the connection between Maryann and Sam. I also could have done without all those black-eyed orgy scenes as well.

September 24, 2009

That’s probably my favorite scene from the whole season. I’ve, um, studied that scene intently and hope that the full version (Alan Ball said the uncut footage turned him on) is on the DVD.

September 24, 2009

I thought that scene was HOT HOT HOT – okay, I’m perverted and proud.

September 24, 2009

I love their bloody kiss. It was erotic and hot.

September 24, 2009

I loved this scene as well. I’m glad that I am not the only one who wanted to see more!

September 25, 2009

the bloodplay in the sex scene was super hot, erotic, and dare i say romantic. this is part of them as a couple. i agree shad that sam and maryanne grossed me out as well as all of those ugly people orgies. the bloody kiss was like the money shot. these are the things we want from bill and sookie and from the show in general. this is why we prefer true blood to twilight. bring it!!! and i say more please. we were let down in the sex department after this. and i too wanted more blod play in that scene. i was like smear her in it bill. more, more , more!!!

September 25, 2009

this scene is one of my favourite scene.. so sexy and hot…
    i’d love it

September 25, 2009

TV Guide is insane! Hello, vampires and sex? There’s bound to be blood! Come on, go with it!

September 25, 2009

Jesus is THE BEST SCENE EVER!!!!!!!
    I LOVE THAT SCENE, IS VERY VERY HOT!

September 25, 2009

Vampires, sex and blood… what do you expect in a show about vampires? I’m with many others… the orgy scenes were over done and pretty rediculous. TV Guide, come on… vampire show, vampire sex = blood. If you want to talk rediculous blood consumption on the show it would be when Bill is feeding Sookie from his arm after she was attacked by Marianne after the doctor had treated her at Fangtasia. He was cooing at her like she was a baby while she drank and she was acting the part… may have not been a sex scene but it could have been much more sensual.

September 26, 2009

txvamplover, that is one of my favorite Bill/Sookie/Eric moments in “Scratches”. Everyone sees something different, I saw Bill’s whole hearted love and tenderness for Sookie mixed in with the orgasmic sensuality he feels as Sookie feeds from him. Yes, he’s cooing, she almost died and he is gently placing her head down to rest and heal, while she is looking back at him in love and gratitude. While all this is taking place Eric is watching and yearning for that kind of a connection with someone, wanting that kind of love.

September 25, 2009

Count me in as well, Shad! I loved this scene – loved the whole scene! Please let the uncut version be on the DVD set!! PLEASE!!!!!!Bill and Sookie sex is the best and we were shortchanged!!! From now on – NO BATHROBES either!!!

September 25, 2009

The more blood, the better the kiss. Isn’t that what it’s all about?

September 25, 2009

I LOVE that scene! The bloody kiss was so kinky and sexy. I hope Eric and Sookie get to have one too!

September 25, 2009

that scene was hot, but the first time i saw sookie drinking from his wrist after the rattrays, when he was looking down at her, his eyes and expression killed me. that was SUPER hot, but the graveyard sex to me was the hottest. now THAT uncut version would be incredible. this scene with the kiss/blood dripping was good, but i love stephen moyer with any person, anytime, any liquid substance you want to put there. its about him, not Bill. give me a refrigerator and “Nine Weeks” with stephen moyer anytime.

September 25, 2009

That was a very hot scene. I watched that like 10 times. If TV guide were going to pick a horrible nightmare inducing sex scene from True Blood they should have picked Bill and Lorena in the bloody bed next to the girl who was bleeding to death.

September 25, 2009

I agree with everyone else–that was a great scene, it seemed perfectly natural within the context of Bill and Sookie’s relationship. Very romantic/erotic/sensual.

September 26, 2009

that scene was so sexy

September 29, 2009

This scene shows the love that the 2 of them have for each other. The biting is a reminder that she’s in love with a vampire and not a human. They’re more relaxed with each other and can be more themselves. This is an honest scene where they are completely exposing themselves, both physically and emotionally.

September 30, 2009

That scene for me was very erotic from the entrance to the bedroom all the way from the grabbing of the ankle to the bloody kiss.It should have lasted longer,no complain here.I’m going to play that scene in a loop when I buy the DVD.