2010 Scream Awards – A Press Experience

2010 Scream Awards – A Press Experience

Saturday night, October 16, 2010, I had the wonderful experience of attending the 2010 Scream Awards.

The Vault was given two Press Passes that included the Red Carpet for me to attend as Co-Admin and a fellow Billsbabe BittenByBill (BBB) to share the experience with me. BBB had been to the event last year, so she was a great help in explaining the ins and outs of the event to me.

It was a chilly and drizzly evening when I got to The Greek Theater in Griffith Park, Los Angeles, CA. BBB had already arrived and when we met up it was great to finally meet each other.  We both have been Billsbabes since 2008 and have corresponded but never met, so it was  a real treat to do so.

Let me start off by saying how much we appreciated the opportunity to have a pass and be part of the Press at the event. Thank you to the Scream Awards for including us! However, our position was not the best and didn’t allow us much media coverage, so while it was appreciated, it also was somewhat disappointing. Of course, we were mostly interested in True Blood, and were hoping at least that some of the cast members who knew we would be there would find us and stop by.

We knew that many of the cast were expected to attend including, Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Rutina Wesley, Sam Trammell, Kristin Bauer, Alexander Skarsgård and Alan Ball. Unfortunately, most of them either didn’t even walk the carpet or just stayed in the front area where the main stream press was. We were stationed outside that area and stood behind gates with very little front end space as shown below.  We had no covering and very poor lighting, so we just made do with what we were given, still hoping for some attention from the True Blood cast.

The Red Carpet area for the main press and our assigned area

Throughout most of the carpet period, we saw some stars that included, Mickey Rourke, Marilyn Manson, Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev, actors from the TV show Lost and many more, that I’m afraid most of us didn’t know. I expected, at least, that Sam Trammell would come to us because his publicist had stopped by earlier to find us and said he would stop by.

I had recently attended a charity event that was important to Stephen Moyer for the fund to help the Darnell Family and we had discussed the Scream awards at that event, so I was hopeful he and Anna would attend. When it got close to 7pm, we were all starting to get pretty concerned thinking that many wouldn’t even bother to come to us.  Just then, as I looked up, I saw Stephen Moyer.

After taking some photos in the press area, he had come to our area and sought me out,  saying: I’m here to see “Lynn from the Vault” and then said to all around me, “It’s the only one I”m doing.” I had told him I would be on the red carpet, but never expected him to “single me out” in such a way. The very brief and extremely amateur video below represents the moment he arrived to see me on the red carpet  Thanks Steve, you are the best.

You can imagine how excited I was to be singled out in such a way. The next video below represents only part of the about 5 minute interview that Stephen gave to me, although there were many around me catching it and they also started asking him questions.

While I wished we could have asked all the questions that the fans posted here on the site, sorry, but there just wasn’t time and for most, no opportunity.  We got Stephen to answer three questions in the video below:

1. What would you wear if you were going to dress up for the Scream Awards?
  2. What are you doing during the hiatus of True Blood?
  3. What is your favorite horror film?

When we discussed what he’s doing right now he indicated that he will be hopefully starting The Big Valley on October 25 and he talked about True Blood not starting now until November 30. They had originally thought they would film two episodes before the new year, but now only one is scheduled.

Also, I brought him a gift.  While at the Darnell fundraiser, he told me that he and Anna hadn’t even seen Anna’s brother, Andrew Paquin’s film, “Open House”.  I just happened to have an extra Blu-ray lying around and I brought it and gave it to him. He was very appreciative.  I hope they enjoy it, I did.
Below are some photos of Stephen:

Sam also stopped by.  He spoke to us all and I told him that I plan to attend his event this coming Saturday, “Actors for Oceans”.  He replied that he was very nervous because he was scheduled to play an acoustic guitar and he admitted that he needed to do a lot of practicing.  The cause is a good one and I like that he cares about the oceans of the world enough to get his guitar out and let us hear him.  I can’t wait.

Below are some photos of Sam:

After all the stars left the carpet, our job as reporters was done and it was now time for us to party!  There was a special “lounge” for the Press where you could get something to drink and eat, watch the show on closed circuit TV and hook up your laptop.  BBB and I opted to experience the show by sitting with the audience.  Wow, was it fun! It is unlike any other award show you have ever seen.

The audience is all dressed in Gothic horror outfits, sort of a 2010 version of Rocky Horror Picture Show. The Greek theater is an open air theater, so the drizzle continued to shower down on us during the event, but no one seemed to care. Drinks were being served to the audience during the event (specifically Fangbangers made with True Blood drink). With each commercial break, handlers moved people to different seats as seat fillers for the stars when they went on stage to present. True Blood won big on this night and BBB and I were just thrilled and screaming our lungs out.  When the show won Best TV Show, I was up in the front screaming and waving my arms. We had a blast! While it was wonderful to see the show in person, it is something I can’t wait to see also on TV. It’s a fabulous time that you all should watch this Tuesday, October 19 on Spike TV.

More images can be seen in the Photo Gallery.

Thanks to Vanessa and ThelLou for helping out with the videos.

Lynnpd
Lynnpd has an avid interest in the entertainment industry from classic movies to all things True Blood. With a background in art, she enjoys creating in Photoshop, running web sites and finds the internet an exciting place to be. Lynn lives in the LA area and attends as many Hollywood related events as she can. She has covered events for the both websites in the LA area; read all about it at http://lynnpdexclusives.com.
Lynnpd
Lynnpd
Lynnpd
Written by Lynnpd

October 18, 2010

Thanks Lynn for the great article. So glad our favorite show won so many well deserved awards! Can’t wait to watch Tuesday night, I’ll be looking for you!

October 18, 2010

Awesome job Lynn! I had so much fun…ok, maybe too much fun. All I remember was that I had befriended a sexy minx version of Freddy Krueger. Why didn’t I make friends with the guys last night? Why??!!
    Remember when he first got there, he said, “Ok ask me some shit.”. Adorable. Don’t forget our unforgettable press-pass numbers. 69. We both got a good chuckle out of that.
    Hope you’re feeling better. Tell that cold to go away. Far, far, away.

October 18, 2010

“Ok ask me some sh*t”? LOLOL! I want him to start every interview with that line, priceless. So glad you guys had a great time.

October 18, 2010

OMG, BBB you are awesome, I completely forgot that he said that. LOL! Stephen you are so funny. I now remember that when he said that, I just got taken really off guard. What a funny guy!

Yes, and I thought it was quite fitting that our press pass number was #69, LOL.

BBB, you rock and I so enjoyed my time with you; thanks for letting me lean on you for support and for being so much fun. Let’s do it again!

October 21, 2010

Thank you Lynn for the great job! I really enjoyed watching Scream Tuesday night. Do you know who the gentleman in the hat was that escorted Anna to the stage to receive her award? Anna said the stage was slippery.

October 18, 2010

Thanks girls for the video and the nice article!We really appreciate it!
    Here in Greece they dont mention many things about TRUEBLOOD, so is great opportunity for me to have all these information about my adorable series.

KATE

October 18, 2010

Fun to read and watch, thanks. Good for Sam, practice,practice. Funny that Stephen was scared to watch Scream, considering all he’s dished out and taken on the other side of the camera.

October 18, 2010

Ha! Something I have in common with Steve….I hate horror movies, too. My husband has given up trying to get me to go. I can watch at home, because I can leave the room!

Great interview in a short time, Lynn. Wow. You are one lucky Billsbabe! ;-)

October 18, 2010

Terrific! I’m glad you and BBB were able to share the evening. How thrilling that Stephen singled you out!

October 18, 2010

Lynn, what an amazing experience for you and BBB!! Thank you so much for sharing the experience with us. I knew Stephen would be on the lookout for you, and I’m so glad that Sam also stopped by to chat. Yay for True Blood and its awesome stars!

October 18, 2010

Thank you lynnpd. That was wonderful. And how wonderful is it that Stephen made a point to find you.

October 18, 2010

Great report. pics and videos Lynn and so glad you all had a fab time , apart from the postioning disappointment . How cool that Stephen looked out for you and stopped just to answer your questions you and kudos to Sam too .

And i am with Stephen – i hate horror movies too and refuse to watch them deespite my hubby’s best pleading efforts .

October 18, 2010

Aw, so sweet of Stephen, and Sam too, to make time for their pals from The Vault. Good job, Lynn and BBB–thanks for sharing your fun experience with us, it was great to read all about it–and see the video clips also.

October 18, 2010

Job well done Lynn and BBB, it wasn’t easy under the circumstances. I think it’s great the Scream Awards offer the opportunity to fansites to get a press pass. What I don’t understand is that a Twilight fansite had a very good spot while 2 of the largest True Blood fansites were in a section that didn’t even have lighting.
    But it is what it is…. xoxo to Sam and Steve, you guys are the best!

October 18, 2010

he is so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a down to earth person! bless him!

October 18, 2010

Wow, Can I just say how nice the TB cast seems and down to earth! Great job of reporting. I agree, you guys should have a place of honor on the Red Carpet! Thanks so much.

October 18, 2010

Terrific job, Lynn and BBB. Lynn, I’m delighted that Stephen singled you out. Appreciate the report and the vids. Sorry you got rained on. How wonderful that you both got press passes and were able to represent The Vault. Thank you for the sharing. I’m crossing all the crossables that it will work out for Stephen to do The Big Valley.

I plan on watching the awards Tuesday night. True Blood cleaned up big time, that’s for sure. Kudos to Vanessa and Lou for their video help.

October 18, 2010

Great job Lynn and BBB! It’s wonderful that Stephen sought you out…I know you’re thrilled, but you have to come back down to earth soon! LOL! Thanks for sharing!

October 18, 2010

Lynn you did a great job and such fun to share the evening with BBB, another Billsbabe. To be singled out by Stephen in a sea of people trying to get his attention is fantastic. Thanks for sharing your experience. Can’t wait to watch the awards on Tuesday. A big thank you to Stephen and Sam.

Thank you for your wonderful job1` and thanks for bringing us
    some wonderful photos!!!

October 18, 2010

It’s so great that Stephen, and Sam, and it seems many of the cast, hold The Vault in such high regard. What an exciting evening for you and BBB. Thanks for the excellent report.

October 18, 2010

Great job, Lynn! Thanks for braving the unpleasant weather to get the scoop for us. I’m glad he “only did Lynn”.

October 18, 2010

what a sweetie he is. just the best. and lynn and bbb are truly lucky girls. thanks for the report

October 18, 2010

Great report Lynn! It sounds like, despite the weather and the so-so press location, you and BBB did have a great experience! You must be on cloud 9, with Stephen specifically seeking you out. That is just awesome. And it was icing on the cake for Sam to stop by. Kudos to both Stephen and Sam!

The questions were fun. But, really, Stephen was scared of Scream? Oh man, that is hilarious.

Thanks for the report, vids, and pics!

October 19, 2010

A big THANK YOU to Lynn and BBB for being the best press! I felt a draft just seeing where you ladies were situated and hooray! to Stephen and Sam for seeking you out. Love the interview.