A Few Random Thoughts on Episode 3.01 – Bad Blood

A Few Random Thoughts on Episode 3.01 – Bad Blood

Episode 3.01 Bad Blood was everything we were told it would be. The pacing of the episode was just right between the multiple plot lines. And, while keeping it’s campy nature and staying very fast paced, it also slowed down enough in certain places for the more serious scenes. I never got bored or thought, “When is the next scene coming”.

There were also some great lines in this episode, such as my favorite:  Andy to Jason: “Conscience off, Dick On! And, everything’s gonna be allright.

And my second favorite has to be this one:

• Bill to Sam: “I hear the water in Arkansas is “very hard“.

Some other good quotes were:

• When Pam half heartedly said: “Sookie, stop, come back.”
  • Magister: “The blood is sacred. Wasting it on anything other than procreation is blasphemy” The Queen’s response: “Madness
  • Pam to Lafayette: “I don’t know what it is that makes people think I wanna hear their problems. Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink

I loved Bill being a real “bad ass” with his werewolf captors, escaping and then hiding in the ground.  I enjoyed watching him come out again, it brought back memories of the famous “graveyard scene”.  And, his gentle treatment of the old lady that he fed from restored my confidence in him as a vampire who is trying really hard to maintain his humanity.  However, I’m a bit worried that it won’t last too long if what I’ve heard about future episodes is true.

It looks like Lafayette is back, hooray, but poor Tara in is torment with the loss of Eggs and her mama is failing her yet again.  I also enjoyed the scene with Andy with Terry bonding as cousins. It was funny when Arlene realized that she is pregnant because she smelled the cinnamon in the chili and I thought it was so Arlene of her being all red neck with Tara. The scene with Sookie and Kenya, uh, excuse me “Deputy Jones” was very funny and Sookie’s frustration was well defined.  And then there’s poor Jessica, who is trying to cope with having accidently killed her truck stop victim and is badly in need of help from her daddy vamp, Bill.

The Were’s that took Bill seem really viscious, this story line looks like it’s going to be a plus and I’m glad they decided to use real wolves instead of special effects or dummies.

Finally, The Queen was in great form tonight; much better than her scenes from Season 2 and I enjoyed seeing the evil “magister” included.  The dynamic between Eric and The Queen as well as Eric’s interaction with Pam was very powerful and we learned yet more about Eric and his evil plans.

However, the two scenes that I think were the most memorable from this episode are:

Eric and Sookie in the basement of Fangtasia

Bill and Eric Dream sequence – there’s already TEAM BAM talk about this one!

I think this season is going to be excellent if this episode is any indication of what is to follow.  It looks like Alan Ball and his writing staff have found the essence that we all loved about Season 1 and put it in Season 3.  In other words, True Blood’s “heart” is back!  It appears that the best aspects about Season 1 and 2 have been incorporated making it all gel quite smoothly.

Lynnpd
Written by Lynnpd

Lynnpd has an avid interest in the entertainment industry from classic movies to all things True Blood. With a background in art, she enjoys creating in Photoshop, running web sites and finds the internet an exciting place to be. Lynn lives in the LA area and attends as many Hollywood related events as she can. She has covered events for the both websites in the LA area; read all about it at http://lynnpdexclusives.com.

June 14, 2010

I thought the episode was fantastic all around! Such a pleasure from S2 episode one – when they gave too much away and spoiled it . So glad I did not read any of the spoilers or reviews for S3. I did read the casting notes/casting calls which I think on enhance the anticipation as they don’t give too much away.

Huge kudos to Daniel Minahan – the episode really moved , was fluid , paced right and fantastic !

OF course the first thing that I most enjoyed , was how hard the water is in Arkansas. TEAM BAM ! Shirts are on the way ! I would sure love to see the giggling that went on between Steve & Sam in the days filming . OUTTAKES PLEASE !!! But Daniel M. – WHY DID YOU STOP IT ?? Billsbabes everywhere let out a collective ” Oh NO!” when that scene ended . We wished , I was one that wished we had it go abit further … Next time ! ( Sam Trammell is hatin’ on me now ! ” wink” ) LOL !! What a great scene ! MORE MORE MORE PLEASE !!! Steve & Sam are the best …

Another one I loved was Bill in the car with the WERE’s … great scenes all around . Loved Don Swayze – and I hope to see more of him – guess he’s a regular thru the Season Ender which is excellent ! Fantastic car scene !

Loved Eric in the basement with Yvetta and Sookie – so casual …. not very sexy tho … no romance in that clip at all. It was very hard and sterile. Too bad. It left me cold. Alex has a great body but why are we subjected to full frontal of the gals and not the guys ??? I am an equal opportunity VOYA … LOL !!!

DAW / Jessica = scene stealer .. This girl is Audrey Hepburn. LOVE HER and HER ACTING. She seem so natural … effortless. When she is onscreen , everyone else is background filler for me…

I loved Alex’s and Kristin’s scenes – Miss Kristin is just fantastic – happy to see her more this Season. And beautiful ! What a gorgeous face! ( god bless her ) Ryan and Chris Bauer – pure comedy gold ! They are great together. Ryan has it down like Jason is a part of his being . Nelsan really jumped out onto the screen tonight. I thought he was wonderful . ERW seemed better this episode . I hated looking at her last year but tonight she was much better. More Subtle – Less Valley Girl ?? Carrie Preston is so pretty…. so is Rutina.

Great episode overall …. really enjoyed the heck out of it! …… LOVE THE WOLVES !!! BRING ON JOE M !!! Alcide is one wolf I know we would all love to have blow our houses down…..

Thanks Alan B!

June 14, 2010

Bill and Sam KILLED IT in that dream scene! How hot was that?

I enjoyed everyone last night, some more than others, but overall it was a really tight show. Sookie was making some smart calls in her quest to find Bill – going to the police (twice), going to Eric, calling Isabel, utilizing Jessica’s connection to Bill. I love it when a female character gets to be smart/focused all on her own.

And Bill. Oh, my precious Bill. He was put through the ringer last night with the weres feeding on him, and barely walking away from that accident. He was hot coming out of the dirt, and even hotter in that dream scene with Sam. And we got to see the vampire and human sides of Bill with Olivia – he fed from her, but then glamoured it away and gave her money from her “son.” That scene with the wolves that closed out the episode was awesome. Can’t wait to see where that one picks up next episode.

Great season opener for sure! Loved Jason and Andy, adored Jessica, and Arlene brought the funny as usual.

June 14, 2010

Agree Lou! Alan Ball knocked this one out of the park!
      FANTASTIC SEASON OPENER <3 LOVED IT!!!
      Bill, my favorite, was strong and gentle….PERFECT!
      I enjoyed every single story line.
      I can't wait for next week!
      Waiting sucked but what Alan Ball fed us was worth the wait!!!

June 14, 2010

It really was well done. They’ve raised the bar for the rest of the season. I’m so happy that Bill’s back to being himself again, forcefull yet gentle, and that scene with Sam was … well let’s just say he charmed the shirt off of me too … don’t feel the least bit uneasy about it Sam. No one could resist. I just wish Sam were a better sleeper and hadn’t been wakened by that damned phone!

I think I might tune in next week to see what these crazy kids are up to!

June 14, 2010

ok bill is king. no doubt. i finally watched the whole episode. he was over the top sexy in every scene he was in no matter what he was doing. loved the bill and sam scene. at first i thought it would be over the top and cheesy but it came across very smooth. it was hilarious and super hot at the same time. i was beyond pleased seeing bill all predatorily luscious again. the crawl from under ground and him slinking up on the old lady’s house were so graceful. his delivery of his glamouring lines was so on point for his character. he was just triple gold star good the whole episode. i had that bill feeling again like i had in season one. dangerous, mysterious bill is back and sexy as ever.

overall i was really impressed with the season opener. and i agree that i think they are finding there balance between the intimacy and dark moodiness of season one (which to me and many fans was superior to season two) and the chaotic escapades of season two.

plus bill’s hair and makeup were perfect. thank you hbo for letting bill be perfectly beautiful again!!! stephen already is so it’s not like you really need to do any work.

June 14, 2010

It was a nice episode, but I don’t know, maybe there were too many storylines? But that was the first ep, so it’ll probably be better in the other ep.
    When Bill got out of the ground, I was seriously reminded of the amazing graveyard scene, and I really wanted Sookie to be there with him! And again, veeeery nice butt Stephen!
    When Sookie said she loved Bill as much as the Sheriff loved his entire family, that was the sweetest declaration ever…

June 14, 2010

I thought the first episode was awesome. I think Stephen looks much better this season. Last year’s make up on him was awful. I loved Kristin and think she will become a major part of TB’s success. Alex – what can I say? – just absolutely gorgeous and what a wonderful actor. His scene with Pam when he is wearing the red robe was acting at it’s best. One complaint – I though I read an article last year that said Alex’s name was going to be moved up in the credits in the opening sequence. That did not happen. How they think his name should be in the alpha listing of secondary characters is beyond me. He and his character are just as important to this show as Anna, Stephen, Sam, Ryan and Rutina. His name should be with theirs. Also, a little tired of Tara at this point, but hopefully once things heat up with Franklin Mott that will change. Great episode!!!

June 14, 2010

Lena – I agree with you in that I see Kristin’s name moved from the end credit role to the Alphabet listing, but Alex’s name still listed in there. I also feel he should have been moved up behind Rutina… JMHO.

June 14, 2010

I thought the pacing was fantastic. Every story line was covered, and nothing ever felt rushed or hurried. To me the transition from one scene/story to the other was well nigh seamless. Bill and Sam … hotter than hot. Bill’s sensual crawl out of the ground. I’m licking my lips just thinking about it. Bill was sweet with Olivia. Yes, he fed from her, but he glamored her and left her money, saying it came from her long lost son. Andy and Jason continued their dynamic duo ways. Pam was a treat. Sookie let no grass grow under her feet in the search for Bill. So glad Jess is involved in that. Now about that possum under the Compton house? I could go on and on. Welcome back, True Blood. WooHoo! Season 3 is under way at last.

June 14, 2010

Team True Blood marvelously brings these stories alive. I commend the writers, producers, crew, and cast for such convincing portrayal of each character and their surroundings. Cheers to all.

And, to my absolute favorite character on TB, thank you vampire Bill Compton.

June 14, 2010

The episode so made it worth the wait. The sexy Bill from Season One was back – better than ever!

June 14, 2010

AB certainly did knock this one out of the park. The dream sequence with Bill and Sam was totally hot. It was a it was awkward, funny, sexy and Stephen totally smokin.

June 14, 2010

Why, oh why, can’t I find that on my front porch?

June 14, 2010

I love your comment billsluvr! lmao!

Ditto billsluvr!

June 14, 2010

My light is on too billsluvr! LOL

June 14, 2010

And asking to take a shower with me, no less! LOL. I hear ya.

June 14, 2010

i got your walker and oxygen tank here, and the wrinkle cream put away. and where did you say i was?

June 14, 2010

Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! Lynnpd, you said it all! Every scene was interesting and captivating. Bill looks beautiful! (although it’s hard for me to believe he got much nourishment from that l.o.l.) I felt badly for him in the car with the weres, but it was so good to see his vampire strength and ingenuity. Eric was hot, and it’s hard to believe Sookie didn’t take a glance downward during their terse conversation. “Bill’s stamina not up to snuff?”- good line from Eric.
    The Bill-Sam scene: I admit, I was one who was half-hoping the scene would continue, but was relieved when it didn’t, and very relieved to discover it was a dream. Bill was VERY hot in that scene. But they’re both in love with Sookie – how confusing would that be? I also have a feeling there were a few jokes, and maybe a few out takes. ( I know, they are total professionals!) Ending with the wolves was perfect! I do feel sorry for Jessica, abandoned just when she needs her maker the most! She really needs to carry tissues — she cries so much she’s always bloody-faced. And she needs to get some Febreeze and scented candles, pot-pourri in that house. (After she gets the body out!)

June 14, 2010

Actually, I think Sookie did look down, briefly. Right after Eric says, “Even if I do want what is his,” Sookie sneaks a peek (can’t blame the girl) before she says “Then do it” and marches up the stairs.

June 14, 2010

I absolutely loved the episode. But, AB has me thinking more and more regarding Bill coming to Bon Temps. In the books, I know, the show is different, the Queen is the one that has Bill go to Bon Temps to seduce Sookie but I do not think that is the way AB is going to play it out. Maybe it is the King of Mississippi that sent Bill? What do you all think?

June 14, 2010

Oops! almost forgot to add….

The truck driver is dead….so won’t he turn into a vampire?

June 14, 2010

donna i think you dropped a big spoiler in a non-spoiler thread.

being killed by a vampire is not enough to make a vampire. remember what it took to turn jessica???

June 14, 2010

sorry, did not think it was a spoiler…..but if you say so please accept my apology.. I just can not remember if the human has to be completely drained and then covered, like Jessica!

June 14, 2010

i already know about that tidbit, but technically it is a spoiler for others since it happened in the books and not on the show. it may or may not happen on the show but the fact that it hasn’t or hasn’t yet makes it a spoiler. not everyone reads online and would know that. but no worries.

June 14, 2010

I had the same question because right after she thought he was dead, she gave him her blood. But then didn’t she wake up the next morning, look at him and say “it didn’t work”?

I can’t help but wonder if he won’t be come a vampire anyway, a messed-up one because of being improperly turned. Wouldn’t it be funny if Jessica goes in to get him out of there and dispose of him when he suddenly opens his eyes?

June 14, 2010

honestly selle, that is what i was expecting last night. when jessica was on the phone, i kept expecting the trucker to rise vampire and tiptoe out the front door without her knowing. the thought of it cracked me up.

June 14, 2010

OMG this is too funny. Now Jessica’s going to be the maker of a mentally handicapped Vampire. I can just imagine what Jessica’s going to do with that. “Bubba, as you maker I command you to do a striptease at the midnight mass.”

June 14, 2010

and he says, i’m a blanking pervert with a big boner for bill!

June 14, 2010

Okay, that is really funny!!

June 14, 2010

The guy was dead and his body decomposing cuz Jessica was covering her nose/mouth from the smell. If he was Turned, even badly Turned, he’d still physically be Vampire and he’d have that lovely dry vampy scent! LOL!

Sounds like an air freshener doesn’t it?

June 15, 2010

with a full bodied bouquet of earthy intensity.

June 14, 2010

After a human is drained , but not killed completely I think they take the vamps blood and then go underground for 3 days……then come out a full on vamp.
        The truck driver totally died, and was not able to drink jessica’s blood. She wasn’t trying to turn him because she didn’t know he was too weak, that she had in fact practically drained him to death. So yeah, she killed by accident.

June 14, 2010

I just thought of this. Wouldn’t it be fabulous if the truck driver is going to take the place of Bubba. Can you just imagine the comedy that’s going to take place in that household between Bill, Jessica, and trucker Bubba.

June 14, 2010

I personally loved this episode, probably a 9 out of 10. Pam was great,so glad to see her starting to form a relationship with Sookie and what her bond is like with Eric- who was hot!! (even though the basement Is a gross place). Bill is not my favorite but he was kind in his treatment of Olivia, and I’m so ready to see his storyline this year, I think it will be his best. I have to admit though that Tara was really grating on me, how can she attack Sookie in her house that is covered in the filth and dirt that SHE let Maryanne bring in? Can’t wait for the next episode!

June 14, 2010

Yes, Tara is getting to be annoying. They really should change her attitude. Really, blaming Sookie, Eggs wanted to know and should have all the right in the world to know what he did. Attacking Sookie in her own home is down right degrading! Especially the condition it is in!

June 14, 2010

i miss tara how she was in season one. i’m hoping the franklin storyline will be a blessing. i think rutina is a marvelous actress and beautiful girl but she is getting mediocre material to work with. i wish she would secure her place as a fan favorite again like she was in season one.

well said coco

June 14, 2010

It was such an EPIC episode. Fast paced, funny, dark, sad, it just had everything.

And while I certainly will show my bias in saying that Bill’s storylines were my favorites, and Stephen brought his A-game, I liked that all the characters got their moment to shine. Eric’s stuff with Pam and the Queen was great, as was Laffy trying to take care of Tara. Andy and Jason are a great duo, Sookie being take charge, and Jessica trying to learn on the fly about being a vamp. And who didn’t love her being involved in finding Bill. Poor Arlene and her problem. Sam looking for his family is going to be very interesting as well.

I left the best for last: TEAM BAM FOREVER!!!! I can’t even tell you how loud I squealed.

This episode really put in my mind the magic that was S1. I can’t wait for more!

June 14, 2010

Season 3 is off to a great start. I really liked the pace of the show and blending of the story lines were very fluid and smooth. I feel we have regained a lot of what captivated us in Season 1. If the rest of the season is this good I will be a happy camper.
    DAW is a star in the making. Lights up the screen. Hoyt so love sick.
    Pam ferous and fabulous. She can deliver a line like no other.
    Andy and Jason should take their comedy act on the road.
    Terry is so empathic to traumatized people.
    Arlene freaked out and preggers. “I’m sorry you fell in love with a serial killer but hey who here hasn’t?” lol
    Sookie will call in the Marines if need be. She will find her man.
    I wasn’t expecting romance but thought there may be a tad bit of eroticism with the viking. Nope.
    Tara would have been better off if she were an orphan. Less damage and disappointment. I wouldn’t depend on Lettie Mae to water my plants. Thankfully she has Lafayette. And how is he going to sell that much V overnight?
    The Magister is no fool. I think the queen and Eric are in trouble. She has to go though she was a bit more bearable than the last time we saw her.
    Sam, I am jealous of his dream. Can’t wait to see how awkward he will be around Bill. Glad it went no further because Bill is my fantasy.
    It pained me to see the weres hurt Bill but he was more than they bargained for. Emerging from the ground Oh yes! He was kind and tender to Olivia, leaving her happy with thoughts her son had visited and left her some much needed cash. Ending with the wolves was great. Can’t wait for next week. Bill is scorching hot . Thank you for leaving the kabuki and bangs behind.

June 14, 2010

The long wait was not in vain, I loved every second of every scene. Extra love for the Bill scenes, graveyard reminder *holy mama*, Bill’s dreamy BAM my #1 & #2 guys together – what’s that song “Sweet Dreams are Made of These”, kick ass Bill, glamouring Bill, oh and did I mention he was shirtless in most of the episode *hot damn* thanks to the werewolves for tearing his shirt off *wink*. Thank you AB & writing staff and a big thanks to make up for making Bill look like we all knew he should.

What I also missed in the long wait was the Jasonisms: Pussy Overflow! LOL Can Jason get any better, and Ryan is just so good in his delivery with Hoyt and Andy providing the set up for his great lines.

We all noticed that Sookie did more to find Bill than all the Sheriffs around. Go Sookie! And regarding the Vampire Sheriff and Queen SA, my only minor disappointment is with the V selling story line. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to find the devious reason the Queen and Eric were pushing V to find out she just needs money to pay the IRS!!! Cant the Queen just go glamour a few million out of Emeril or someone wealthy???

Lastly everyone was a joy, Eric, averting my eyes & Pam, Tara & Lafayette, Terry & Arlene, Magister & the Queen and anyone I’ve forgotten

Wolves, Bill feed!

June 14, 2010

Callonmebill, I had the same reaction upon learning that the Queen’s motivation for selling the V was merely money! Unless it turns out there’s more to it than that–it makes her even more despicable.

June 14, 2010

Well everyone has said pretty much everything I think except one thing:

Hoyt: I got a new haircut, I think it makes me look bad-ass.

A excellent cover for the actor who had that haircut done for his “other” job and an excellent line for our sweet Hoyt.

June 14, 2010

I just love Hoyt, he is the only true innocent on this show and I think his romance with Jessica is so tragic. I read a reviewers comment that Hoyt had dropped into the realm of pathetic but I disagree, my heart is breaking for him.

June 14, 2010

I’m glad I didn’t read that review, b/c the fangs I don’t have would have sprung out to defend Hoyt and his decency.

To gymvamp, I missed Hoyt’s looking bad-ass line, thanks for the reminder, he is so cute.

June 14, 2010

It was a great episode!! I was thrilled that Sookie started immediately looking for Bill..we had been led to believe that she might first think Bill had a vampire hissy fit and left because he was mad. SO glad it didn’t happen that way!! I was also pleasantly surprised about the Olivia part. Bill glamoring her into thinking that he absent and neglectful son had come to see her and left her the money. The sweet vampire I fell in love with. Also, THANK YOU to TPTB for putting our gorgeous Bill back the way he should be!! Please leave him that way from here on!

The Eric dungeon scene wasn’t hot or sexy at all IMO. I also think his bragging about being down there for six hours was just that…bragging. He has a convenient excuse for his whereabouts and another chance to badmouth Bill to Sookie.

JMO

June 15, 2010

Of course it was a swipe at Bill. Eric is never one to waste an opportunity to insult Bill. Sookie’s reply should have been if it takes you six hours you aren’t doing it right. lol

June 17, 2010

Wouldn’t it have been great if she had come right back at him with something along that line? At least she kept her eyes averted and her mind where it was when she came in…on finding her love!! I’m glad she didn’t stand there wasting time!!

June 14, 2010

Yes, it has all been said. I loved the episode; they so expertly brought us up to date with every story line. The several laugh-out-loud lines fit in seamlessly among the scary, the sexy, and the sweet. As a Bill devotee, I loved his every moment–Sam’s hilarious dream, the escape from his captors, the lovely treatment of poor old Olivia. Great moments abounded–Pam in pink, Lafayette calling everyone “bitch” and “hooker” again, Hoyt sweet as ever, Jason trying (but failing) to turn his conscience off and his dick on, Eric naked and snarky but oh-so-scared of the Magister, Sam on what looks to be an ill-fated quest, Jessica in more trouble, and of course, Sookie on the hunt for her beloved. Wow, did they fit a lot into one episode!
    The wild ride has begun; let the good times roll!

June 14, 2010

Great episode to start the new season! I really can’t add much to what everyone else has said. I think the writing is going to be more intense and “insane” this season. I know I’ll be watching each episode at least 3 times a week! Thank you Alan Ball and company!

June 15, 2010

I think the scene with Eric and Yvetta is supposed to show a bit of a bored Eric, you were supposed to get that feeling. It will show what a difference it is to his reaction to Sookie. Typical sex with a fangbanger that is not bringing him that much pleasure and no emotions, so you weren’t supposed to feel anything at all.

I loved the were’s, Don Swayze did a good job and I think I’m gonna like Coot, well they’re horrible and i won’t root for them but they’ll be fun to watch. I saw an upcoming scene of Coot and all I can say is WOW, it’ll be in episode 2 so you’ll all see what I’m talking about.

I’m also surprised by the IRS twist, was she just lying? There has to be more to that. She just seemed very irrational and not thinking straight at all but that is exactly what will get them in trouble.

Loved that we got to see more of Pam, she plays the role perfectly so fun to watch.

June 15, 2010

I guess it really is all in how one interprets a scene which is conducive to interesting discussion. I did not interpret Eric as being bored at all. He really sat up and took notice of Yvetta when she came in for her audition. Enough so that he commanded Pam to leave. If we are to believe him when he says he was occupied with Yvetta for 6 hours that would not be indicative of someone that was bored with the activity. Since when does Eric do anything that he doesn’t benefit or derive pleasure from? I mean why bother? And for 6 six hours? Nobody is that bored and detached.
    I get the idea that the majority of Eric fans want him to be indifferent to everyone but Sookie. I do not think that is the case. It’s a given this encounter was for his sexual gratification but it was lacking anything erotic or sensual. It must have been disappointing to die hard fans of the viking as so many were looking forward to that scene.

June 15, 2010

All in all a great start.It seem that Bill is better when Sookie isn’t around.Loved the scenes with Eric.And Bill so gracious to feed off an old woman with respiratory problems.Pam was the best for me.She said Sookie over powered her for her to go to the basement.She is the best.

June 15, 2010

So lets see.
      Bill was being drained by V addict weres to the point of death.
      was in a car crash, went underground to heal and escape from the weres who now had his blood and would most def be looking for him
      But first calls to Jessica for help.
      Wakes, somewhat healed but weaker than shit and walks for who knows how long to the first house that is there. I suppose he should have asked for some true blood right? Bill treated that old woman better than any of the shows vamps would have! and he took what he needed to survive, and she was perfectly fine when he left.
      I would say he was a perfect gentleman. Don’t you think?
      Considering the Weres were on to him almost immediately. Bill didn’t have to take the time that he did with Olivia.

June 16, 2010

What a perfect southern gentleman/vamp feeding on the weak old lady.And I guess its ok because he was gentle and he paid her.He just made an old lady with medical problems a fangbanger.

June 16, 2010

haha, that is rich!
        I guess after 2 seasons of TB you still aren’t aware of what a fangbanger is.

June 16, 2010

He didn’t bang her, he only fanged her :D

June 17, 2010

Haha!! Good one, Shad!!!

Bill could have drained her and left but he didn’t. I have the feeling that any other vampire on the show wouldn’t have thought anything about it!!

Bill’s scenes were the most interesting on the whole episode IMO. But then they always are.

June 16, 2010

I really loved the episode. Bill was great! The only parts that I didn’t care for was Eric/Yvette scene. That was so gross! That scene and another one just reminded me why I think Eric is a total douchebag. I will never like that character.

June 17, 2010

Same here, Roswellover! For all the buildup and excitement it was supposed to generate, it fell totally flat IMO. The most boring sex scene I have seen in a long time. Plus it looked like he was drilling for oil…..that was about as hot as the scene with Liam and Maudene Pickens!! ewwwwww

June 17, 2010

Or was that Maudette Pickens? Yeah, I believe it was Maudette.

June 16, 2010

Actually, I’m not sure Bill had any other option than to feed off Olivia. In her casting call, she was described as living in the middle of nowhere. It’s not like Bill was going to find a younger, healthier person down the road. In fact, his original plan was probably to call for help, since he first asked to use her phone. In my opinion, he was as kind as he could be, given the circumstances. He needed blood to heal, and she was his only option. Yes, he fed on her, but he also gave her a good memory of her son and led her to believe that her son cared about her by leaving her money from him. Aside from dying, what other option did he have? I think he handled it beautifully.

June 16, 2010

Nickymouse: I agree totally. He really had no choice. He most likely didn’t “fill up” on her blood, since she couldn’t spare too much, I’m sure. In other words, I think it was just enough to renew his strength. But glamouring her, and paying her were gentlemanly gestures. (Kind of like a tip in a restaurant!)
      To reply to another post, about calling Jessica: I think he did that hoping she would go to the scene of the accident, and therefore Sookie would have at least some information about what happened (and not think he ran out on her.) I think at this point he has every intention of returning to Sookie.

June 16, 2010

Well said Nicky. Bill was staggering up the steps to Olivia’s porch. It was a matter of survival . He had no other options. He took the time to glamour her and leave her feeling happy with some needed cash even though he heard the wolves closing in on him.

June 17, 2010

Totally agree, Nickymouse!! Bill was hurt, starved and didn’t even know where he was! He did ask if she had a phone and did the only thing he could have done. Apparently he didn’t hurt her, she was fine when he left and was way happier than she was when he came in because of his leaving her the money and the memory that her negligent son had given it to her.

June 17, 2010

Hi Cherrybug! I haven’t seen you on Yuku. I always like reading your comments.