Alexander Skarsgård looks smashing in GQ

Alexander Skarsgård looks smashing in GQ

Ohlala… Alexander Skarsgård is featured on the GQ that will hit the newsstands on May 24.

What does Alex say about his intimate scenes with Anna Paquin? “It’s really clear to Steve and to everybody else what the deal is—which is that Anna is like a sister to me,” Skarsgård says. “Those love scenes take quite a bit of acting, actually. A lot of acting.”

…on why he decided to join the Swedish military:
“It was my way of going off into the unknown,” he says. “I didn’t want to just be somebody’s son.”

…on LA versus his native country:
“You walk into the coffee shop, and the girl asks how your day is. When I first moved here, I loved that. I know it’s shallow and superficial and she doesn’t give a f*ck about my day, but I still like it,” he says. Sweden, by contrast, is more reserved. “It’s difficult to get to know a Swede. But once you do, you’re in,” he says. And there’s a stronger sense of boundaries. “You’re never going to see a television show The Skarsgårds.”

…on his famous father, actor Stellan Skarsgård:
“I don’t think I came to acting to compete with my father. But, you know, he wasn’t around as much as normal dads, and seeing his passion…Maybe it was a way to get his attention… I mean, if anything, we’re trying to take care of him. He’s over the hill.”

Stellan on Alex and his brothers:
“Of course I’m threatened,” he says of his sons. “They’re younger, they’re better-looking, and they’re all trying to kill me.”

You can read the 3 page interview on the GQ website.

Shadaliza
Written by Shadaliza

Shadaliza loves the Internet, film and TV shows, writing, running websites and charity fundraising; she has found the perfect combo in the fansites to express her creativity and passion. Shadaliza is Dutch, but has lived in Italy for many years and works as Marketing Executive for an Internet hosting company.

May 17, 2011

I am Team Bill all the way, but these are gorgeous photos.

May 17, 2011

I REALLY like that he said Anna was like a sister to him! :) It was always so obvious to me that she had sooo much more chemistry with Stephen than with Alex, and that these three are great friends.

May 17, 2011

Alex and Anna have great chemistry as Eric and Sookie. For people rooting for a lack of chemistry in Season 4, sorry you are wrong. Anna and Alex are both excellent actors, and the fact Anna is married to Stephen won’t affect her scenes with Alex. Saying otherwise is disrespectful for the actors.

May 17, 2011

Um, I didn’t say she didn’t have any chemistry with Alex, just that she had MORE chemistry with Stephen than with anyone else on the show. But they do make it work with other characters, like Eric, Alcide or Sam. How on Earth is that “disrespectful”?

May 18, 2011

It proves what great actors they both are. I remember Stephen saying in an interview that if there is no chemistry between two people, you have to act really hard to make it seem as though you have chemistry. So, it’s all in the acting -fancy having to be intimate to someone you see as your sister and vice versa! Lol!

May 17, 2011

There is no denying AS’s hotness. Wonderful pictures, and a forthright statement concerning his love scenes with Anna.

Love the pictures <3

May 17, 2011

I enjoyed this interview, especially about his other projects. Photos are wonderful. That’s nice that he thinks of Anna in a sisterly way.

May 17, 2011

Drool…. lol wow he’s a stunning man, good interview too, I honestly do think those loves scenes must be hard, to make it look so good and not want to laugh or worse haha

May 17, 2011

How wonderful for Alex to get such a prestigeous cover and spread.

Yuuuum…very NICE indeed!

May 17, 2011

Oh WOW…*Drools over keyboard*absolutely beautiful.I will make sure I get myself a copy.

May 17, 2011

He looks awesome!! Great pics, some of the best I have seen of him. :)

May 17, 2011

oohhh he looks amazing!!!!

May 17, 2011

What a beautiful man! My viking god of sex!

May 17, 2011

He and Anna are both very good actors. They make those scenes look dreamy;)

May 17, 2011

“He does this thing with his eyes,” says creator and show-runner Alan Ball. “It’s like they become slightly unfocused and all of a sudden they’re mirrors to this ancient, 1,000-year-old soul.”

What a lovely quote and this one, awe he sounds so grounded :)

“If you’re an actor in Sweden, you do drama, you do comedy, you do action, you do film and live theater. You do whatever there is,” Skarsgård says. “Vanity is death to an actor.” Ball describes him as “the least actorly actor I’ve ever met.”

May 17, 2011

Wow!!!! These photos are amazing and the interview is as well. He is so down to earth and interesting.

May 17, 2011

I like the quotes about his dad and Stellan about his sons.

May 17, 2011

Mamma Mia!!! Alex looks gorgeous and soooooooooooooo hot! The interview was great too. Love, love, love Alex!

May 17, 2011

Very good interview and gorgeous photos. Alex is certainly a stunning young man, and it’s so nice to read this and get some insight into his personality.
    I agree that he is poised to be a well-known celebrity in Hollywood – I hope it is good for him. He seems grounded and realistic about “the business”. And going home frequently surely helps put things in perspective.

As for Anna, she is a consummate professional, and so is Stephen. Everyone knows this is acting. I am looking forward to their storylines. S4 will be full of surprises, I am sure!

May 18, 2011

This is a very nice spread of Alex – the best I have seen. Nice interview as well. Good on him.