Anna Paquin on The Late Show with David Letterman

Anna Paquin on The Late Show with David Letterman

Last night Anna Paquin chatted with David Letterman. Anna looked very classy wearing a chinese inspired dress and her hair in a classic French twist.

More photos in the Photo Gallery

anna-paquin_03a1 anna-paquin_02

Tagged
Shadaliza
Written by Shadaliza

Shadaliza loves the Internet, film and TV shows, writing, running websites and charity fundraising; she has found the perfect combo in the fansites to express her creativity and passion. Shadaliza is Dutch, but has lived in Italy for many years and works as Marketing Executive for an Internet hosting company.

July 17, 2009

she looks like a doll. adorable. her chinoiserie audrey hepburn look reminds me of the movie “in the mood for love”.

July 17, 2009

So refreshing to see somebody dress and behave like a lady, without having to have all her “bits” hanging out just to show she’s sexy.

July 17, 2009

I love Anna. She has a pretty dry sense of humor that I don’t think everyone gets, lol. And that dress med her look less relaxed, but I think she was

I agree with you, Helen. I think everything about her is refreshing, actually

July 17, 2009

the dress is alexander mcqueen and the shoes are jimmie choo.

July 17, 2009

Anna was impeccably dressed. Stud earrings would have been a nice touch imo. I know it’s contradictory to Sookie’s circumstances, maybe Anna could loan Sookie an outfit or two. We know they would fit. :)

July 17, 2009

Anna is such a class act. And I agree the dress made her look sexy without revealing a thing.

July 17, 2009

She definitely comes across as an individual who is classy, refined, witty with a touch of quirkiness. She is definitely someone who is wise beyond her years.

….like Sookie.

July 17, 2009

I love her. With all the Lohans, Hiltons and Kardashians in the world, it’s so good to see a woman who is genuinely poised, fierce, intelligent and smoking hot without the slightest bit of skank!

July 17, 2009

Anna looked absolutely fabulous. David Letterman, surprisingly, did not conduct a good interview, imo, but Anna hung in there and came off looking poised and intelligent. Way to go!

July 17, 2009

I love Dave but he had no clue whatsoever about TB and did not seem very interested.
      An award winning actress on a highly rated program, a second tier guest? Anna was lovely and handled a somewhat clumsy interview with finesse and charm.

July 17, 2009

I think it was because 13 or 14 ago they had problems in an interview. He told her he would give her $10,000 if she could shoot a basketball into a hoop. She did, but he refused to pay. After bad press he gave her the money which she donated to charity.

I think that bet is the reason she never was invited back to the show, even when she started in x-men, almost famous or 25th hour. When it was said she will be a guest I imagine that something like this will happen. Sad!

July 17, 2009

Oh he’s the one! Maybe I am super sensitive but IMHO The interview had a certain chilliness to it.(on his part)

Anna was charming and delightful as always. She truly is a class act.

I loved the zipper detail on her dress!

July 18, 2009

that’s bizarre.

July 17, 2009

anna is very ladylike. i love it. you rarely see that kind of refinement with starlets these days. it is refreshing. i see her and stephen as being very yin and yang. they are both classy but he is more wild and she is reserved. opposites attract.

July 17, 2009

I read someone who saw her at the Irena Sendler premiere and apparently she was different than she was at the Paley’s. Joking around and was laughinga lot. The person who posted said there was a bit of a difference. I think Anna is a bit shy. I don’t think there’s a HUGE difference between them when you get to know both of them, but on the surface they are a bit different. That’s the impression I have got.

July 17, 2009

i don’t mean to say she cannot be lighthearted and playful. in interviews she is more reserved. but i do think stephen is the zany impulsive one. i think they have alot of common ground and have fun together. so it works.

Yeah, I agree.

Maybe Jimmy Fallon can bring the playful side of her tonight then

Ooh, that sounded a bit dirty and I didn’t mean that. If you read this, Stephen, sorry! LOL

I do love when she laughs at the red cross thing Letterman said. I like her laughter, hehe

July 17, 2009

**sigh** I think DL talked more about sharks washing ashore than True Blood. He only started mentioning it on the 6 minute of the 8 minute interview. I kept on saying, “ok…ok…move along now…ask her about True Blood. **facepalm** Nooooo! Don’t talk about sharks!…”
    This has always my beef with DL; when Hugh Laurie first made his appearance he was all, “Oh so you’re British?”…by that time (which was MONTHS after Season 1) the entire universe already figured that out.

Lovely and poised as always…Anna is quite the classy lady. The only thing I’ll be able to pull off is getting on that stage without falling face first (butt cheeks yes, but not face first)…but as soon as I open my mouth, GAME OVER folks. That is why she’s famous and accomplished and well, I’m not. I will just have to continue to simper like a pubescent school girl.

July 17, 2009

Anna looked beautiful … totally elegant and classy. It took forever for her to get on stage, and I wanted far more interview time with her. Dave did not do his True Blood homework. He didn’t know the show was based on the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse novels. And he thought she played a vampire. Sheesh! Yes, I wanted more True Blood talk time with her, but you take what you get. She’s adorable.

July 17, 2009

I agree that DAvid Letterman’s interviewing was TERRIBLE!!! Not even mention of her co-star romance? He even thought she was a vampire in the show…talk about being oblivious to his guests. I used to really like him.
    On a side note…I am wondering where I can get her dress?!! Loved it.

July 18, 2009

The romance stuff, it seems that men don’t often talk about that when they do interviews, lol. Conan didn’t mention it when Stephen was on, Jimmy Fallon didn’t mention it either. The women on the View, on the other hand, mentioned it, so maybe it’s a woman thing, hahaha

July 17, 2009

Anna is classy. I don’t think she likes the fuss or spotlight. Was it an awkward moment for her reaching her seat?

July 17, 2009

Let’s face it, Dave has never been the world’s greatest interviewer, and he has definitely lost a lot of the energy he had when originally hosting the late-night show. This earlier time slot seems to have drained some of his mojo (did from the very beginning when he switched over), and he often seems to be phoning it in. Except for the political stuff, which does engage him, and which is, IMHO, brilliant! However, Anna was lovely of course though they didn’t give her enough time, and I’d still like to see her in slightly softer looking clothes and hairdo. We know she’s grown-up now — to me, this look (though beautiful) and the Globes look, a bit too severe. We love you Anna!

July 17, 2009

I liked seeing Anna but this interview was way too short and not enough talk about TB. I liked her dress, shoes and hair, but I think the skirt was a little too fitted. I think Dave should have helped her all the way to her seat. Shame on you, Dave!

October 22, 2009

A six- person jury performs the evaluation, using a formal pro- tocol. ,

October 23, 2009

Some notable neighborhoods: Goosetown- quiet, residential, and a 10 minute walk to downtown. ,