Denis O’Hare has written another play in collaboration with fellow writer, Lisa Peterson which will be seen in Chicago with the previews in mid March and the regular run beginning at the end of March and run through April 19. Denis is not on stage for this play, but serves as writer.
In this highly original world premiere play, Denis O’Hare and Lisa Peterson weave stories of devotion and doubt into their very own creation myth about the place where human faith and divine inspiration intersect: the Bible. As thirteen year-old Connor struggles to reconcile his identity with his dream of becoming a priest and modern-day Biblical scholar Miriam wrestles to resolve her crisis of faith, they lead us through an incredible exploration on how the Bible was conceived. From ancient Judea to medieval Ireland to suburban America, The Good Book is a powerful and exuberant journey through the most influential book in Western history.
The world premiere of The Good Book runs March 19 – April 19, 2015 at Court Theatre, 5535 S. Ellis Avenue in Chicago.
The cast of The Good Book includes Kareem Bandealy, Emjoy Gavino, Allen Gilmore, Erik Hellman, Hollis Resnik, Alex Weisman and Jacqueline Williams.
The creative team includes Rachel Hauck (scenic design), Linda Roethke (costume design), Keith Parham (lighting design), Mark Bennett (sound design), Mike Tutaj (projection design) and Amanda Weener-Fredrick (production stage manager).
Below are the details about the production:
- Dates: Previews: March 19 – March 27, 2015
- Press opening: Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 8:00 p.m.
- Regular run: March 29 0 April 19, 2015
- Schedule: Wed & Thurs: 7:30 PM
- Fridays: 8:00 PM
- Saturdays: 3:00 PM & 8:00 PM
- Sundays: 2:30 PM & 7:30 PM
- Location: Court Theatre, 5535 S. Ellis Ave.
- Tickets: $35-$45 previews; $45-$65 regular run
- Box Office: Located at 5535 S. Ellis Avenue, Chicago; (773) 753-4472 or CourtTheatre.org
read more at: broadwayworld.com