Exclusive: True Blood cast reacts to Golden Globes nominations

Exclusive: True Blood cast reacts to Golden Globes nominations

The truebies are thrilled with the recent Golden Globes nominations for their favorite show. We are all keeping our fingers crossed for the big event on January 17. The True Blood  cast is equally thrilled with the nomination for True Blood for Best Television Series – Drama. Earlier we reported that Anna Paquin is very flattered with her two nominations for True Blood and The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler. She was still in bed when she heard the news. And so was the rest of the cast who were so kind to give The Vault a first reaction to the Golden Globes nomination.

kristinbauerKristin Bauer (Pam) says: “I was in bed, I had hit snooze already once when my phone rang. I laid there listening to my manager leave a cheerful message asking me to call him. About four minutes later it rang again, this time it was my agent announcing True Blood’s Golden Globe nomination! I got up and called them back! I am very happy about it of course, so nice to be part of this in any way!”

tarabuckTara Buck (Ginger): “The cast and crew of True Blood have my deepest artistic respect and I am thrilled they are being acknowledged with the nomination. The Golden Globe is the coolest! Personally I am beyond proud to be a very small part of the show and I look forward to continuing to collaborate with this freakishly talented group. I have a great manager who keeps me in the loop. I got a very sweet email last night with all the nominations attached. My fingers are crossed too!”

jimparrackJim Parrack (Hoyt Fortenberry) also didn’t stay up to watch the nominations live. “I was in my bed and I woke up and a girl I went to high school with had sent me a text this morning that said, “Congratulations on True Blood getting nominated for Best Drama and for Anna getting nominated for Best Actress!!” And I thought, “Wow!! is it already that time of year again!?!” And then I counted my blessings to be on this show and work with these people at this caliber. Those thougths were immediately followed by, “I wonder if Ciera [Jim’s lovely wife] and I will go this year?”

michaelmcmillianMichael McMillian (Rev. Steve Newlin) says: “Pretty cool news! My sister woke me up early this morning with a call from back home in Kansas City. I didn’t even know they were announcing the nominations today. I’m really happy that Season 2 is getting recognized and am proud to be a part of the True Blood universe. I’m also very proud of Anna Paquin for both her nominations. She cannot be stopped!”

michaelLehmannMichael Lehmann, director of 5 True Blood episodes received an email alert: “I get email updates from Variety, which I rarely look at but haven’t bothered to turn off– that’s where I saw that the nominations were announced, and it led me to an article with a full list. I normally pay no attention to awards and am usually the last to know, but this year I found out pretty quickly.”
“I was very happy for everyone on the show and, of course, particularly for Alan Ball and Anna”, Michael continues. “I only wish more cast members had been nominated, as they are all more than deserving. I think the quality of acting on the show is so good across the board that it’s difficult for people to pick a standout– which may affect the nominations.”

Michael has worked on wonderful shows like Big Love and Californication, but it seems that he has a special place in his heart for True Blood: “Other actors and shows I’ve worked with got nominations, too, but luckily there is very little overlap, so I can root for True Blood without any reservations or conflicts. I really hope we win this year, as the second season was extraordinarily good, and everyone worked so hard to get it right.”

I think it is funny to see how the fans are more excited about award nominations than the cast and crew. Michael Lehmann has an explanation for that: “We tend not to get too excited about nominations… the whole competition thing is pretty strange; generally speaking, most of the people who do this stuff think of it as creative work and not as a competition with ‘winners’ and ‘losers.’

Of course, mostly we just don’t ever want to be thought of as losers. :)”

If the season 3 schedule falls into place as planned, Michael Lehmann will be directing 3 episodes again this season.

© The Vault – TrueBlood-Online.com

Shadaliza
Written by Shadaliza

Shadaliza loves the Internet, film and TV shows, writing, running websites and charity fundraising; she has found the perfect combo in the fansites to express her creativity and passion. Shadaliza is Dutch, but has lived in Italy for many years and works as Marketing Executive for an Internet hosting company.

December 16, 2009

Great article! How nice of the TB family to be happy about the nominations. Although I like the praise that True Blood is getting, I also agree with Michael Lehman when he says:

” ….most of the people who do this stuff think of it as creative work and not as a competition with ‘winners’ and ‘losers.’
    Of course, mostly we just don’t ever want to be thought of as losers. :)”

It’s good to remember that most on True Blood are into the creative aspect of it all and I really think its one of the reasons that the show is such a success; it’s so damn creative!

December 16, 2009

I just adore Michael Lehmann, isn’t he handsome? I know, I know – I’m suppose to comment on the article but I’d rather be shallow and selfish today since we hear from Michael so little ( hopefully that will change in the future )…. Michael, there are no losers, only winners… you being the winner of the pack.

His episodes were some of my favourites and I look forward to his episodes in S3.

This is the man I’d like to meet.

December 16, 2009

Just a treat to read everyone’s positive reactions. There seems to be a real family feeling here, and great pride in being a part of this amazing show. Thanks, Shad, for bringing this to us.

December 16, 2009

Obviously they are more interested in the creative work and it shows.
    I really liked this comment by Micheal L. :
    I feel the same.

December 16, 2009

I really don’t understand why the nominations are limited to a certain number. If there are 8 actors or actresses who do exceptional work, why can’t 8 be nomonated. Another year there may only be three who are deserving. I think that when a show is nominated as best show, especially show that is driven by an ensemble, that more than one actor should be recognized and nominated. In other words….True Blood needs more nominations in the best actor catagory. Guess as to whom I’m referring.

December 16, 2009

Very nice, Shad!!
    I agree with LISMlvr……there should be a nomination for the lovely Stephen Moyer!! He is an amazing actor and even though Bill isn’t given nearly enough lines/scenes, he nails every one he’s given perfectly!!

December 16, 2009

I have been watching the Season One DVD’s over and over as I anxiously await the release of the Season Two DVDs. Just when I think I have reached the pinnacle of admiration and respect for the exceptional work of the entire cast, I see more in each Episode that draws me in deeper and deeper: A certain look or expression that perhaps I missed the first few times through, a carefully placed object or a line from a character that I hadn’t noticed before. I am thrilled with the quality of the writing, directing and acting and it is obvious that each person responsible for this show is not only a genius at their craft but also dedicated to deliver an exceptional piece of art for our enjoyment. I feel that True Blood certainly deserves more than two Golden Globe nominations but I am not in charge of the process, I am just a devoted fan.

December 16, 2009

Nice exclusive!! Everyone who works on True Blood, from the main stars to the guest stars to the crew, seems to just love it there. They’re all so proud of each other and that’s wonderful to see.

December 17, 2009

True Blood is such a high quality show with so many facets, I hope it takes home some GLOBES!

December 17, 2009

Just remember – the Globes are based on INTERNATIONAL tastes ….

NOT Just on USA taste …

Emmys are more USA taste …

December 17, 2009

Highly doubtful that the Emmys will recognise this show. I HOPE THEY DO, but I would not hold my breath.

December 17, 2009

I am so thrilled that TB is nominated, especially since the Emmys (which I’m not watching) didn’t recognize this great show. Congrats to Anna for her two nominations, and to the whole cast and crew of TB!

December 17, 2009

True Blood, (the ensemble cast) has also been nominated for a SAG award I noticed this morning.

December 18, 2009

Love that the cast and the show is getting the regonition that it
    so greatly diserves and that the actors are getting better well known
    to the viewing public.
    I know some of the actors from other shows~have seen Chris Bauer (Andy)
    on “ThirdWatch,NYPD,CSI”,have seen Ginger (tara Buck) on some of the
    same shows~But love getting to know the new comers.
    Hope that the show and some of the nominated actors come up winners
    on January 17th.

December 18, 2009

I thought I left a comment here already I guess I forgot whooops! Anyway I know I’m a little late but congrats to Anna and True Blood!