New True Blood Season 3 Spoilers!

New True Blood Season 3 Spoilers!

ALERT – SPOILERS BELOW!

S2promo2_049

Spoilers are allowed in the comments on this article.

Ausiello and E-Online have let out some spoilers about Season 3 of True Blood.  I’m personally dying to know who took Bill, but some of these spoilers are almost as juicy.

In his recent Q &A with the Ausiello Files, Alan Ball teased about some of the new cast members:

• Tommy Mickens is a grungy but handsome man in his early ’20s who just so happens to be Sam Merlotte’s long-lost younger brother. Apparently, at some point he’ll be showing his unadorned backside, which, with Sam’s similar feral tendency towards the “full moon,” proves that they really must be related after all.
  • Talbot: After his mysterious abduction, Bill finds himself with the latest addition to the True Blood Gallery of Impossibly Attractive Male Vampires (or the TBGIAMV). Talbot, a bitingly (har har) sarcastic vampire with a model’s looks, will appear starting in the second episode as a guide of sorts for the kidnapped vamp.
  • Jesus Velasquez: More news on the PYT front is the appearance of Jesus Velasquez, an unordinary orderly with a heart to match his good looks
  • Franklin Mott: In a friendly bit of one-upmanship, Tara gets her very own over-protective vampire buddy. And a “sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy” one at that. That’s right, four sexys. Eat that, Sookie. The neckbiter, Franklin Mott, is also clearly in the running for TBGIAMV status.
  • Coot: We’ve had vampires, shape-shifters, and demi-gods, and now the next supernatural spook to waltz through Louisiana is…rednecks?! Well, maybe they aren’t so unearthly, but they can sure pack a punch and we can expect a group of them, led by a guy named Coot (of course), to unleash their mobile home magic on some of our dear characters.
  • Jen and Missy: Jason Stackhouse will find that his notoriously limitless libido has taken a hit, when two NYU girls, Jen and Missy, ménage à try to get him into the sack to little avail.
  • Yvetta: Fangtasia’s new Czechoslovakian dancer, Yvetta: is tremendously hot and comfortable being in the buff. Oh, and she makes lots of sexy time with Eric. (Don’t shoot the messenger!)
  • Reverend Daniels: Tara’s ever-distraught mom turns to the church for comfort (and maybe a little more) in the form of the honorable Reverend Daniels.

And UK.E-Online shared some insights when they got a hold of a leaked casting call that offers a sneak peek of things to come as to what kind of person took Bill Compton. (Preproduction is already underway on the new episodes and filming is set to begin in early December.)

Where’s Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) been taken? Are there any familiar faces from the books in episode one of season three? And who’s the new girl banging Eric (Alexander Skarsgård)? Here’s what we can tell you…
Shape-shifters and strippers and rednecks, oh my! The next season of True Blood has a veritable menagerie of supernatural Southern weirdness in store for us!

• Vampires: Sookie’s (Anna Paquin) fiancé-to-be Bill was kidnapped in the season-two finale, and when we pick up season three, we’ll find him in the company of a courtly vampire named Talbot (as well as a quaint old Southern lady named Olivia). Other new vampires will include a looker named Franklin Mott, who takes a liking to Tara (Rutina Wesley).
  • Werewolves? If Alcide Herveaux, the werewolf introduced in Charlaine Harris’ Club Dead novel, is anywhere to be seen in the season-three premiere of True Blood, he’s hiding under an assumed name. We do, however, have a possible dog we can offer you. And no, not the misbehaving Lothario kind of dog, the shape-shifting-into-a-sweet-mutt kind of dog. In the season-three premiere, titled “A Pack of Wolves,” True Blood goes to Arkansas to find Sam Merlotte’s (Sam Trammell) long-lost little brother, Tommy Mickens, and we’re probably going to see Tommy’s naked rear end, since the casting call notes that butt nudity is required for the role. We smell a sibling shape-shifter!
  • Zombies? Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) is going to canoodle with a couple of coeds who appear to have bullet holes in their heads. Are they the living dead, or is Jason cuh-razy? Tune in to find out.
    Strippers: For those of you invested in Alexander Skarsgård’s Eric (and/or in Eric’s relationship with Sookie), you should know there’s a new girl in the Viking vamp’s life. Eric’s latest lovah is not going to be the telepathic Merlotte’s waitress but instead someone named Yvette, a Czech-born stripper at Fangtasia. Man, nobody’s going to like her one bit. Sorry, Yvette!
  • Rednecks: There’s a new gang of crazy white-trash bikers in town who like to assault vampires to feed their V addiction, and when they get their hands on a “vamper” we know and love, they start ripping him apart for the high. To which we can only say: True Blood, step away from the motorcycle clubs-you don’t see them putting vampires on Sons of Anarchy, do you?
Tagged
Lynnpd
Written by Lynnpd

Lynnpd has an avid interest in the entertainment industry from classic movies to all things True Blood. With a background in art, she enjoys creating in Photoshop, running web sites and finds the internet an exciting place to be. Lynn lives in the LA area and attends as many Hollywood related events as she can. She has covered events for the both websites in the LA area; read all about it at http://lynnpdexclusives.com.

October 27, 2009

Thanks Lynn. So much to dissect there. I think Stephen will have a blast this season while we on the other hand will suffer terribly right along with Bill. Sam will now have to extract himself from his new found family. They may try to follow him back to Bon Temps when they discover he has a successful money making business. Weres are headed our way. New characters abound . It’s a long haul to Season 3.

October 27, 2009

Oh My Gosh…. I can hardly wait! Season 3 sounds so great! Thanks so much for the info. I’m sitting on pins & needles…. well, not really pins & needles, but you know what I mean! LOL

October 28, 2009

I so agree with you!! Don’t take any of it to heart cause you just know there is going to be so many surprises coming our way!! I wish it was here already *le sigh*.

October 27, 2009

It’s probably just me, but I am not excited at all about any of the additions. It’s almost depressing. Most of it sounds like fillers and cheap tricks. I seriously hope there’s some substance somewhere in that pile of mess. I don’t think I’ve ever been so invested in a show, and so worried for it at the same time.

October 27, 2009

I agree, I read all the books, and tell my friends to watch, and if AB blows this season, well, I am going to be really pissed. So, as you, I hope AB pulls it together.

October 28, 2009

So basically it comes down to if AB dosen’t follow the books exackly it will ruin the show? hmmm… I seriously doubt that. Not everyone has read the books…lets see 5 million viewers…maybe 500,000-600,000 readers? yeah, I don’t see a problem…..I think season 3 is going to be awesome! they have had 2 seasons to feel out the audince, the characters…..give it a chance.

October 28, 2009

I definitely don’t think it has to be just like the books. I’m all for storylines, if they are adding something to the story. He strayed away in season 2, and there were still some great things in there(i.e. Godric). I just think the writers need to follow through with development. They start it and then stop short everytime.

October 28, 2009

Actually you are right on that….I agree, hopefully they follow through a little bit more…..
        I wonder if the same writers doing the episodes…..
        Season 2 did feel a bit rushed to me, especially at the end….

October 28, 2009

If I get nothing at all from season 3, I just want some humor. Pam is so underutilized. You know the way Lafayette and Pam have commentary on the blu-ray DVDs? I would love some of that stuff to make it into the show instead.

Don’t get me wrong, I am one of those viewers who killed time waiting for Sundays by replaying my DVD and any youtube clips. I will watch it whether it’s brilliant or a hot mess. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it turns out amazing.

November 22, 2009

I am not excited either. I’ve read all the books and I wish they would stick to it more. Some of the changes they are making are dumb. The book is so much better.

March 21, 2010

I agree completely. I don’t really think you need to follow the books story line completely (although the books are excellent), but it sounds like they are just throwing a bunch of “this will surprise them” and “this actor his hot” into a can and shaking it, hoping something good will fall out. Season two got really drawn out and annoying with the whole Maenad story. The books already have a wealth of interesting characters and important relationships and if they aren’t even going to touch on the whole Alcide/Debbie Pelt thing…I will just be so disappointed. Does that mean Quinn will not make an appearance further down the road too?

October 27, 2009

SCUSE ME! What? There is a possibility of no Alcide Herveaux? Impossible… He is a main character? Oh man, AB what gives? I am going to get to the bottom of this tomorrow!! I will be at the Inside the Writers Room: True Blood Event at Paley Ctr, LA. Damn! And a bunch of biker dudes? Boring… Alan, please stick a little closer to the books! Season 1 was sooo good, it was almost to a TEE Book 1, Season 2 was good, although the Maenad story was a little tiresome, So Season 3!! Everyone is looking forward to meeting Alcide!!

October 28, 2009

I agree. I understand the desire to branch out and build, but don’t forget the essence of the story. Season 1 was simple, but great. It told a story without a bunch of confusion. I can just imagine what their synopsis will be like, “Season 3 is even crazier. It has rednecks and a prostitute and zombies(?!?)” Not cool.

October 28, 2009

Please don’t be discouraged. These are just casting calls. AB isn’t going to reveal the actual plotlines because if he did, we’d put her heads together and divine the whole season before it even starts.

And if that happened, viewership would suffer. It’s a given considering that without the urgency to watch, some folks will view the show via other means but not via an HBO subscription.

October 28, 2009

Blond, The Alcide statement was in reference to Episode 1 only. If you go back and read it says he is no where to be seen in the season 3 PREMIERE of True Blood,, so we will probably see him, in other episodes, IMHO.

October 28, 2009

Exactly. AB has previously stated that Debbie Pelt is the ex-girlfriend of the guy who helps Sookie find Bill. I take that to mean we will definitely see Alcide.

October 28, 2009

yep..He has stated that they will both be in season 3…..
        They are a given, it dosen;t have to be mentioned in all spoilers. Alcide has a long run in the books….just be patient.

November 22, 2009

Alcide better be in it. What are they just making it up as they go. If they stay to far away from the book I think the show is going to start to suck.

October 28, 2009

I will be very surprised if there is no Alcide. Lots to absorb here. I’m going to take it all under advisement, and try not to get my knickers in a twist.

I’m thinking I’d almost rather not know. There’s a great deal said for just being surprised.

We’ve had “rednecks” in Season 1 & Season 2~anyone remember a certain
    redneck, named Reese Allan Williams who became Eric Northman’s breakfast in Season 2??? Reese was one of the Three Redneck’s who killed The Unholy Three and Neil Jones,assistant to Mike Spencer!!!

October 28, 2009

Am I the only one inordinately excited about Yvetta? LOL.

I am sure we will see Alcide and Debbie Pelt. AB has already said as much in other interviews. Maybe the part has already been cast and he just doesn’t want to let that cat (or wolf as it may be) out of the bag yet.

October 28, 2009

Nope you are not alone. Of course it only makes sense for Eric to have a plaything or two or a dozen. Does anyone really think he is celibate and pining away for Sookie? I want Pam to have a love life as well.

October 28, 2009

I think you all are a bit harsh and unsupportive. Alan has said over and over again, the books are only a premise for the show, i see gradually how he has strayed away from books.

Alan has not failed us yet, so i am looking forward to a great Season 3, with the new characters and surprises. I wish people would get off the book kick and realize they are two different things, as he and Charline have stated.

Keep up the good work Alan.

One very devoted fan.

tigereyes

October 28, 2009

Gradually isn’t the word for Season 3. Not even for season 2. So much time was wasted on Maryann and her crap. It’s not even “the book thing” as you call it. It’s adding new characters when the ones he already has need fuller development. Instead of working on that, now he’s going to be cutting to crap that we don’t need like Coot and Jen and Missy. There shouldn’t be any moments where viewers just want to hit fast forward. It should be compelling all the way through. Having different opinions doesn’t make us undevoted fans. Just intelligent ones.

October 28, 2009

Last year the casing call included Stan and the guy…Luke, who was at ‘camp’ with Jason. Those characters hardly took anything away from the main characters time-wise or plot-wise. I’m sure most of these characters will be minor (save Sam’s brother, perhaps) Alan Ball is doing just fine. I can’t wait for season 3!!

I’m with you tigereyes.
      There has to be other characters and storylines….AB knows televison and what works.

October 28, 2009

Interesting stuff! I can’t wait to see what happens to my poor, abused Bill. Since Bill is off on his own for a bit, it makes sense that he’s got scenes with a lot of smaller characters/day players. I’m sure we’ll see Alcide and Debbie this season, but they may come in later or may already be cast and we just don’t know about it yet.

October 28, 2009

They are introducing so many new characters and new story lines. I hope character development won’t be sacrificed. Plus, I hope that the characters that we’ve come to know and love won’t get lost in the shuffle. It’s just my opinion, but we need to have more Bill and Sookie time. He just proposed to her at the end of the season and they need to cary that through. One of the big problems that I had with the books is that so many new characters were thrown in that character development was lost on all of them. I hope TB doesn’t fall into that trap.

October 28, 2009

I agree billsluvr. I am all about character development. Whether it be Jessica, Bill, or even Sookie herself. The characters getting lost in th clutter is my concern. I don’t want anything page for page, but if the writers are bringing something new to the table, let it be good.

October 28, 2009

I think anytime you get a bunch of information like that at once it all sounds so strange and you can’t imagine how it will affect our already-familiar characters. But knowing AB, it will all make sense. I remember last year reading about some new waitress at Merlotte’s (Daphne) and I thought, I don’t want any new waitresses, who is this, she better not mess up the scene at Merlotte’s. Haha, little did I know. All the new characters sound crazy and chaotic, but they’ll all have a place and a role in telling the story. I actually wish information like this didn’t get out, it is much better to be surprised and just let the story unfold before your eyes without worrying about what it all means ahead of time. That being said, I WAS glad to hear Eric will have a woman to occupy him somewhat.

October 28, 2009

Okay, let’s not get freaked out by this news! I have complete faith that Alan knows what he’s doing, and this season is going to be completely awesome. We’ve just gotta have some patience, as painful as that idea is!

October 28, 2009

I agree, let’s not freak out, AB & Co. is certainly going to give us another delightful treat in Season 3. New characters – bring ’em on!!

October 28, 2009

bklyngal, i agree. I am just saying Alan Ball is amazing, i’m confident Season 3 will be as good or better then Season 1 & 2. It’s just, so many complain about this or that, who’s in the books, but aren’t in the shows, Why not just let Alan do his magic and see what comes?

TB isn’t a hit for nothing.

I am so looking forward to Season 3. June is so far away though.

Just starting Book 6*
    tigereyes

October 28, 2009

It’s not even November yet and so much has been leaked, I got to stop reading these spoilers, but

How can I, I’m addicted!
    (on my itouch because of problems with the site, very hard to send a comment)

October 28, 2009

As much as I’m a Sookie/Eric fan, I do agree to create this Yvette character to keep up Skarsgard’s screen time. The show needed this plot since Sookie/Eric relationship really didn’t progress in book#3, and there’s no way to rush into that in season 3(as Eric fans desired). I’m more surprised AB sticked w/ the book on Tara/Franklin’s relationship, it was only couple pages of them in the book. Just hope AB doesn’t over develope this plot like season 2 maenad’s story. Other than that, very excited reading this spoiler, gotta be a good season. Thanks Lynn.

October 28, 2009

hey..as long as we can get to see eric /alex in some sexy situations heating it up a bit, i’m allll for it! bring it on. LOL hot scenes are good as long as it’s with the right people and the right …a..props. xD heehee

October 28, 2009

I’m sorry, but I refuse to read any more spoilers. I JUST WANT TO BE SURPRISED! I’m sure I will be…but don’t want to read anymore. I’m hoping for a few guest star performers, and of course I want Bill & Sookie to be together!

October 29, 2009

I think too much time is being spent on characters that do not matter….The thing that makes the books and the story interesting is the relationship that develops between Sookie,Eric and Bill…It is compelling and is really the core of everything else that is going on…This is being LOST…and it is a big mistake…Especially if they add in a stripper…That will not add anything to the true question at hand…Who REALLY loves Sookie???I do agree that Eric and Sookie should not “get together” in season three…But it is important that we see that Eric can be trusted and does have real feelings for Sookie…In the book he plays a important roll in helping Sookie when she is in a bad situation and helping her get Bill back…Plus he pays for a drive way for her because he knows she really needs one and expressed she could not affrod it at the end of book 3…Showing he would like to take care of her if given the chance…All this is being left out…and you are not getting the full irony of the Sookie, Bill or Eric storyline which really is the main story..Is Eric devoted to her or Bill?? It is not “True Blood” without this struggle…and if they do not start building on Eric’s character this season (NOT WITH A STRIPPER) we will be missing out….

November 03, 2009

AB so knows what he’s doing. Throwing out little bones and we’re jumping all over them! Keeping us talking and interested during the long, cold months of winter is his goal and he’s doing a magnificent job. He’d never, ever throw out major plot points as spoilers so we have lot’s to look forward to that he won’t reveal until it’s revealed on the show! He’s a master and we’re being manipulated beautifully!!! I love it!

November 05, 2009

True blood is gonna be great next season. I can’t wait.

November 05, 2009

How dumb was Eggs. It is not everyday that one gets a free pass at killing a whole lot of people and he nutted up and got his self killed. What a dumb*#&!
    Eggs and Tara were doomed.

December 31, 2009

OK there is a lot of people rooting for the eric/sookie thing and i dont like it. sookie as been with bill for the past 2 seasons and he proposed to her. ad quite frankly i didnt like the fact that eric tricked sookie into drinking his blood. i mean sure there was some stupidity on her side but thats just not right. if only they left godric on there for a few more episodes i wouldve loved for him to make eric feel like crap. AND i for one love the fact that eric is getting a love life with the stripper.

January 16, 2010

I love the books and the shows, and i love them both seperately, kind of like each one is a defferent entity. I think AB does an amazing job and i totally want to see more Pam and Eric and Lafayette (My three favorite Characters!!!!) I also would like to see Pam have a love life as well as Eric. Also i am not sad about Yvette, but i totally want Sookie to dump Bill for Eric. I think Bill is too serious and dark all the time. I get kind of sick of it, i want to see some humor out of him. The only thing i’m not looking forward to in season 3 is seeing more of Sam, because i DETESTE him.

April 08, 2010

Can anyone please confirm the terminology when Alcide ‘dumps’ Debbie Pelt in the books?

May 03, 2010

hi you all at the vault. because you all have probably read the books – which i didnt, but just got both of the seasons and watched through last 3 days (show is awesome – something i needed after anne rice stopped writing her Vampire Chronicles) and just finished i have a question – does werewolves look like they are supposed to (two legged hairy, scary, violent beasts) or are they more like oversized dogs (god, i hated that in teenie twilight)? im really curious and i cant find any info anywhere. thx.

May 03, 2010

I didn’t read all the books, but I can tell you that they use real wolves in True Blood, not CGI Twilighty fake wolves.