ALERT – SPOILERS BELOW!
Spoilers are allowed in the comments on this article.
Ausiello and E-Online have let out some spoilers about Season 3 of True Blood. I’m personally dying to know who took Bill, but some of these spoilers are almost as juicy.
In his recent Q &A with the Ausiello Files, Alan Ball teased about some of the new cast members:
- Tommy Mickens is a grungy but handsome man in his early ’20s who just so happens to be Sam Merlotte’s long-lost younger brother. Apparently, at some point he’ll be showing his unadorned backside, which, with Sam’s similar feral tendency towards the “full moon,” proves that they really must be related after all.
- Talbot: After his mysterious abduction, Bill finds himself with the latest addition to the True Blood Gallery of Impossibly Attractive Male Vampires (or the TBGIAMV). Talbot, a bitingly (har har) sarcastic vampire with a model’s looks, will appear starting in the second episode as a guide of sorts for the kidnapped vamp.
- Jesus Velasquez: More news on the PYT front is the appearance of Jesus Velasquez, an unordinary orderly with a heart to match his good looks
- Franklin Mott: In a friendly bit of one-upmanship, Tara gets her very own over-protective vampire buddy. And a “sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy” one at that. That’s right, four sexys. Eat that, Sookie. The neckbiter, Franklin Mott, is also clearly in the running for TBGIAMV status.
- Coot: We’ve had vampires, shape-shifters, and demi-gods, and now the next supernatural spook to waltz through Louisiana is…rednecks?! Well, maybe they aren’t so unearthly, but they can sure pack a punch and we can expect a group of them, led by a guy named Coot (of course), to unleash their mobile home magic on some of our dear characters.
- Jen and Missy: Jason Stackhouse will find that his notoriously limitless libido has taken a hit, when two NYU girls, Jen and Missy, ménage à try to get him into the sack to little avail.
- Yvetta: Fangtasia’s new Czechoslovakian dancer, Yvetta: is tremendously hot and comfortable being in the buff. Oh, and she makes lots of sexy time with Eric. (Don’t shoot the messenger!)
- Reverend Daniels: Tara’s ever-distraught mom turns to the church for comfort (and maybe a little more) in the form of the honorable Reverend Daniels.
And UK.E-Online shared some insights when they got a hold of a leaked casting call that offers a sneak peek of things to come as to what kind of person took Bill Compton. (Preproduction is already underway on the new episodes and filming is set to begin in early December.)
Where’s Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) been taken? Are there any familiar faces from the books in episode one of season three? And who’s the new girl banging Eric (Alexander Skarsgård)? Here’s what we can tell you…
Shape-shifters and strippers and rednecks, oh my! The next season of True Blood has a veritable menagerie of supernatural Southern weirdness in store for us!
- Vampires: Sookie’s (Anna Paquin) fiancé-to-be Bill was kidnapped in the season-two finale, and when we pick up season three, we’ll find him in the company of a courtly vampire named Talbot (as well as a quaint old Southern lady named Olivia). Other new vampires will include a looker named Franklin Mott, who takes a liking to Tara (Rutina Wesley).
- Werewolves? If Alcide Herveaux, the werewolf introduced in Charlaine Harris’ Club Dead novel, is anywhere to be seen in the season-three premiere of True Blood, he’s hiding under an assumed name. We do, however, have a possible dog we can offer you. And no, not the misbehaving Lothario kind of dog, the shape-shifting-into-a-sweet-mutt kind of dog. In the season-three premiere, titled “A Pack of Wolves,” True Blood goes to Arkansas to find Sam Merlotte’s (Sam Trammell) long-lost little brother, Tommy Mickens, and we’re probably going to see Tommy’s naked rear end, since the casting call notes that butt nudity is required for the role. We smell a sibling shape-shifter!
- Zombies? Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) is going to canoodle with a couple of coeds who appear to have bullet holes in their heads. Are they the living dead, or is Jason cuh-razy? Tune in to find out.
Strippers: For those of you invested in Alexander Skarsgård’s Eric (and/or in Eric’s relationship with Sookie), you should know there’s a new girl in the Viking vamp’s life. Eric’s latest lovah is not going to be the telepathic Merlotte’s waitress but instead someone named Yvette, a Czech-born stripper at Fangtasia. Man, nobody’s going to like her one bit. Sorry, Yvette!
- Rednecks: There’s a new gang of crazy white-trash bikers in town who like to assault vampires to feed their V addiction, and when they get their hands on a “vamper” we know and love, they start ripping him apart for the high. To which we can only say: True Blood, step away from the motorcycle clubs-you don’t see them putting vampires on Sons of Anarchy, do you?