Only 10 episodes in True Blood Season 6

Only 10 episodes in True Blood Season 6

There is my very first WTF moment for True Blood Season 6.

Alan Ball told in an interview with TV Guide that production will start in January 2013 to accomodate Anna’s pregnancy and there will only be 10 shows next season partly because of Anna and partly because of the economics.

Bring the torches and the hayforks out!

Alan also sheds some light and raises more questions about Bill’s future.

TV Guide Magazine: Let’s answer some burning questions left by the finale. First, what the heck is Bill or “Bilith” as
some call him? An evil god? A demon?
Ball: We don’t know! Honestly, we didn’t know what Lilith was. Just because the fundamentalists called her “God,” that doesn’t mean she was. On our show, there’s room for all kinds of supernatural creatures. We do know that Bill had some kind of major transformation into a deeper supernatural being. The question for me is has he lost his humanity entirely or will it just have to fight harder to come out. That’s certainly something that the writers are talking about for next year

TV Guide Magazine: Is Bill still planning to use humans as a food source?

TV Guide Magazine: Bill’s been such a monster. Can he really come back?

TV Guide Magazine: Will Sookie fight to rescue Bill?

Read the complete interview on TV Guide.

Shadaliza
Written by Shadaliza

Shadaliza loves the Internet, film and TV shows, writing, running websites and charity fundraising; she has found the perfect combo in the fansites to express her creativity and passion. Shadaliza is Dutch, but has lived in Italy for many years and works as Marketing Executive for an Internet hosting company.

August 31, 2012

Then, If This Is The Case…..They Better Stop Screwing Us Outta 8 Minutes Per Episode!

August 31, 2012

uhhhh WHAT!? Couldn’t they have incorporated her pregnancy with the show.. I dunno maybe she got with a male Fae or something! Sad day :-(

August 31, 2012

looks like season 6 might be the last one, Well true blood has had quite an awesome run these 5 years. I hope to see eric and sookie at least have some together time in S6. I think the whole storyline bit with warlow and sookie/jason’s parents is probably a clue in that the show is coming to an end soon anyway. Thanks Alan Ball, HBO for making the show such a success.

August 31, 2012

What The Hell!!!! We Want More!!!!!

August 31, 2012

Bummer!! Hopefully each episode will actually be 60 min long.

As if 12 isn’t too few already?!? O_o

August 31, 2012

My heads spinning with a lot of this in particular

“Ball: It’s something organic that happens. You can’t just transcribe the books. That said, there’s some stuff in the later books that I think later seasons of the show will address. But we did go on our own little path this year.”

Please let the Rhodes Summit feature in that

“Ball: That will be his story in Season 6. Is he going to come up with his own master plan? What kind of battle will the humans wage against him?”

Battle? Holy…..

“Ball: My own belief is that people can come back from anything. It doesn’t mean that it won’t come at a huge cost. But I’m interested in a Bill who is really evil. Because after almost five seasons of a Bill who was “I hate that I’m a vampire, I’m so nice,” it was time to make him really go dark and  see what that does to everybody else.”

AB is interested in an evil Bill lol he kept that well hidden

“Ball: It could be that or it could also be that Sookie is trying to save herself from him.”

Oh will Billith go after the abominations?

“Ball: We will definitely see Warlow. Whether or not we have met him already, I will remain mum. There will also be some other characters maybe who we know and love who are pursuing a less than generous agenda.”

Oh it looks like we do know him already yikes, and what characters? gosh my money is on Nora at least

August 31, 2012

Now that bites!!! Interesting interview full of teases.

August 31, 2012

I’m not a happy camper after reading this. And I’m not interested in a Bill Compton who is truly evil. Warlow might be someone we already know. That’s interesting.

Season 6 in a nutshell: anything goes!

September 03, 2012

Nigel/. As if no one could see that coming. They just pulled him from the show early season 5. And who introduced him to us but the great Nora. No surprise. Alan Ball sucks.

August 31, 2012

This does not bode well for a happy ending.
    What is wrong with a happy ending to a series that we have watched now for years and have supportedly tirelessly?

Do we in society find life so bleak that we have to wallow in the unhappiness of our meagre lives? I believe in true love, I believe that you can have it and that it isn’t a thing that is in fairy tales only, it is real and tangible.

It gives hopes to millions around the world, it inspires the best and the worst in all but above everything else, it is a light in the dark times in our lives that keeps us going.

Bill has been that light for so many fans and now it has diminished and there is a cold emptiness that has crept into thousands of hearts around the globe.

We were richer for the character that Alan Ball nurtured and now are poorer for the loss.

Those of us that are True Bill fans are in mourning.

It will be a long wait with a infinitesimal glimmer of hope for all of us that somewhere that small speck of light that we all so fervently believe to be the spark of Bill’s soul that remains, can be rekindled and come back to us.

Until the very last credit has rolled on the very last episode of the very last season I will hope that some how, in some way Bill, William Thomas Compton, King, farmer, soldier, husband, Vampire, lover and caring compassionate creature that we all love so very much, will some how return redeemed or if not, then meet the sun with the noble intentions his character deserves and not go out in a pile of goo purely for the ratings or the sensationalism of the FX or because it is not fashionable to have a happy ever after ending.

August 31, 2012

BT 8 I agree with every word you wrote.

TB make money for HBO … What has them for financial manager who has calculated that 10 episodes want to give more money than 12 episodes?
      Many people complain that everything happens too fast in TB … Now it will go even faster ..
      In the other hand, if they start with episodes until January, why can they not continue throughout July?

August 31, 2012

BT, well said. Part of me is eager to see what Stephen will do with reborn Bill. I am sure he will rock the part. The other part of me laments the loss of the Bill Compton I fell in love with when he first walked into Merlotte’s in Season 1. In my less lucid but hopeful moments I dare to dream of a Bill-Sookie happy ending. Time will tell.

bontemps8 – I so agree & beautifully written

Beautifully said, BT.

September 01, 2012

BT… I wholeheartedly agree with every single thing you said. The last part, in particular.

Call me a hopeless romantic.

A life without “Vampire Bill Compton” whispering “Sookeh” isn’t a life worth living sigh…

Excuse me while I go moan for MY “Vampire Bill” till S6:((

Then each episode better be 2 hrs long

August 31, 2012

Mercy, how he likes to jerk our chains and enjoys it so. Alan has a bit of an evil streak. TB is his toy he can play with it however he likes.

“My own belief is that people can come back from anything. It doesn’t mean that it won’t come at a huge cost”

When hasn’t everything cost Bill in a huge way rightly so or not? Redemption isn’t cheap or easy but it is possible.

I hope to see everyone in Bon Temps where it all started, all intertwined in one story in full hour episodes.
    OMG my best friend said to me the other day she bet Andy’s babies would age rapidly given their short gestation and being half Fae.

August 31, 2012

i think he will be redeemed but it will cost him his life possibly saving Sookie thus dying the tragic romantic hero

August 31, 2012

If that happens it will not be the first time Bill has sacrificed himself for Sookie.

August 31, 2012

I don’t think by how big Anna looks lately that she is going to make it until November. She looks lovely however. Regardless, we wait so long between seasons and now we only get 10 episodes. That sucks.

What if Warlow turns out to be Eric? He was definitely around and a vampire when that deal was signed with Sookie’s ancestor. I hope that is not the way they go because it would be awful if he was the one who killed Sookie’s parents. If they go that way, I’m really going to be pissed.

August 31, 2012

Eric doesn’t make sense, he threatened Hadley to get it out of the Queen what her interest in Sookie was and he said ‘I wasn’t expecting that’. Surely if he was Warlow he would have known Sookie was fae because he made a deal with John Stackhouse, Eric has always sought why Sookie was different. Narratively it just doesn’t make sense, Nora knowing a powerful vamp via her Authority duties that makes sense.

August 31, 2012

lets take a vote…fans say no

August 31, 2012

I’m not interested in an evil Bill. Nope. I am however interested in seeing him come back from this evil that has enveloped him. I want my Bill back!!!

As for only 10 episodes? It’s sucks, but it’s completely understandable.

August 31, 2012

Ah, if only fans had a vote! If Bill fans had a vote, this would never have happened to Bill. Although he has every right to do it, I don’t see why Mr. Ball gave us a romantic, heroic, flawed but struggling vampire who loves deeply, commits fully, and cares completely – only to turn him into a bloody god of destruction and death.

Bill’s inherent nature – one of respect for life, love of family, and steadfast loyalty – has been completely negated, and Bill is unrecognizable, perhaps irredeemable. We are not amused.

I have loved TB since it’s first episode. Now, after S5, 10 episodes might be enough.

September 01, 2012

OK, Anna Paquin is going to have TWO BABIES!!!! She needs time to adjust to her new life and enjoy her sons/ daughters. This way they secure the main actress instead of lossing her and get the season in time. The 10 episodes think is to let a woman be able to be a mother. So the point is that there’re not goint to be more screen time, neither more episodes… they’ll film less time for Anna. Let’s be a bit more supportive!!!

September 01, 2012

I wholeheartedly agree with what you are saying, but find it rather sexist that they didn’t give Sam Trammell the same consideration when he recently had twin boys.

My major concern is that the truncated season + lack of Alan Ball = the end of True Blood. One professional reviewer casually mentioned that he thought next season would be the last when he reviewed this year’s season finale.

September 01, 2012

True, but you must agree that in this case both parents are in the show (which films in the night many times) and is the star the one filmming while pregnant and starting again to work a month (more or less) after giving birth if they don’t push production ’till january. I think is harder for Anna than for Sam, Did you see her face in the premier after party? She was beyond tired and she must be 5 months, imagine it after 9 months and then 2 babies to care while working in TB… I don’t fint it sexist, just reasonable. I wish all bosses were that suportive!!!

Nowadays she pushed Black Wings has my Angels until next year, Why not TB 2 months???

In my case I’m not alarmed about TB being shorter or ending. I prefer to have a short but great show or season than one longer but not that good, and in this case is not happening with TB in a few seasons. All the senseless plots were the real Swan Song for me. Did you watch Sherlock? Is a master piece and they do 3 episodes for season who airs with a 18 months diference. Downtown Abbey pushed production some months so they can do a better 3rd season. Maybe with more time to write and less episodes the 6th season, if last, will be orgasmic. I prefer that kind of ending than have many season and being cancelled or senseless.

NOW EVERYBODY CAN KILL ME FOR WATH I SAID LOL

September 11, 2012

I am highly upset need those two episodes, its bad enough we can’t get more…. Don’t shorten what we already have

September 14, 2012

I hope it NEVER ends! But, if it must… lets spin-off Tara and Pam in: The Bloody Adventures of Tara and Pam!!!