Random Thoughts – True Blood Episode 5.10 ‘Gone, Gone, Gone’

Random Thoughts – True Blood Episode 5.10 ‘Gone, Gone, Gone’

What an emotional episode. Many of our favorite Bon Temps residents experienced some form of loss. I can’t say that I’ve ever shed a tear watching True Blood until tonight. I guess after watching these characters evolve over 58 episodes I’ve become somewhat attached to them. That’s proof True Blood’s writers, directors, and actors are amazing.

The Authority always wins

Resistance is futile. Molly learned that the hard way. In an ultimate moment of irony Bill uses the istake on Molly. She met the true death at the hands of her own invention. Fighting to “save” Eric, Bill and Nora try to convert him once again. Eric is forced to drink Lilith’s blood. Nora joins him and they are soon hallucinating together. She expects to see Lilith but Godric appears. Eric admits he has failed to and pleads with him to save Nora. Godric warns them that Lilith is a godless god. He explains that he has evolved and that they must do the same. When Lilith appears behind Godric, Eric begs him to fight her. Instead of saving himself, Godric tells Eric and Nora that they must fight her. The pain on Eric’s face as he’s hallucinating Godric’s death at the hands of Lilith was heart breaking. After losing his maker again, Eric appears to have given up. He joins the Authority and pledges his allegiance to Lilith. It seems like his Viking spirit died with Godric. Eric’s apology and call for a truce seemed to set Russell off. After throwing Salome across the room, Russell makes his true feelings known. I knew it was only a matter of time before he blew up. Did Salome really think Russell was going to follow along and take orders? She obviously didn’t know who she was dealing with. I hope that Eric is just playing along too. He can’t really be joining the dark side.

Hoyt leaves his troubles behind

After recovering from his run in with the hate group, Hoyt is ready to move on. He’s leaving Bon Temps for a job on an oil rig in Alaska. Maxine doesn’t take the news well. Jason and Jessica are shocked by Hoyt’s news too. Nothing could prepare them for what he asks Jessica to do. As one last favor and proof she loved him, Hoyt asks Jessica to glamour him. He is unable to deal with his broken heart and feelings of betrayal. Hoyt needs them erased from his memory so that he can move on with his life. Jessica reluctantly agrees knowing that she will lose her first love. Jason has a hard time accepting that his best friend will no longer be in his life.

The hunt for Emma continues

Learning Emma has been taken by Russell and Steve Luna is understandably angry. When no one will help her, she and Sam take matters into their own hands. Learning Steve will be in New Orleans, they fly there to meet him. Using their shifters skills, Sam and Luna sneak into Steve’s dressing room. Before finding any evidence he returns. Sam and Luna shift into mice and stow away in Steve’s bag. Once he returns to the Authorities head quarters Sam and Luna are able to sneak out.

Tara’s taking no prisoners

Elijah is taking his new job as sheriff of area 5 seriously. He’s also getting a kick out of bossing Pam around. She is not happy about the changes he’s trying to make at Fangtasia. He tells Tara and Pam that the Authority has ordered 30 new baby vampires in area 5 by the end of the year. If they don’t comply Elijah will take possision of Pam’s assets including Tara. She refuses to be told how and when to make a vampire. Pam would rather live life on the run than let Elijah take Tara. Feeling sorry for Pam and being the fighter that she is, Tara isn’t going to run. She plots to get rid of Elijah with the help of Ginger as bate. Elijah comes to Fangtasia to help Tara with a making gone wrong. Once he’s distracted Ginger stabs him and Tara decapitated Elijah. Pam walks in and looks less than happy.

Deal with the devil

Jason doubts Sookie’s detective skills and takes matters in his own hands. After moving Gran’s bed he begins looking for clues. Discovering a loose floor board he finds a velum containing ancient writing. When the university can’t help them, Sookie and Jason realize they need someone much older than them to read the document. They go to the faeries for help. Claude is unable to read it as well but Maurella is able to. Maurella is the Fae Andy had sex with in the woods. She is undeniably pregnant. Does that mean Andy is going to be a daddy? Maurella tells Sookie and Jason that the document is a contract. John William Stackhouse entered into an agreement with Warlow granting him the first fae baring female heir. Sookie is that heir.

Kelly Valentine
Written by Kelly Valentine

Kelly Valentine discovered True Blood during S4, but quickly caught up on seasons 1-3 and her favorite sups are the vampires. She works with special needs children in an elementary school in Maryland. Her passions are photography and writing.

August 14, 2012

I really enjoyed this ep even although I really want to know whose blood is in that vial, Eric didn’t hallucinate on fairy blood so it’s not pure fae for sure.

Gutted Bill killed Molly, really liked her and I’m now totally convinced Bill is sanguinsta, he’s praising Lilith when he’s alone, bringing Jessica into it and then his look to Eric when Russell sped off to seek Sookie, it was creepy while Eric remained horrified.

Eric is clearly faking, in fact seeing Godric may have helped Nora see the light. I like how it was stated Godric was the vampire that truly evolved and Eric will aspire to that I’m sure, I think there’s a good reason there are no Eric clips for the last two eps :)

Great that Sam/Luna are in the Authority, I’m hoping they team up with Eric and Nora.

So sad with Hoyt but his story had played out in my eyes. All three actors were brilliant in that scene.

Didn’t miss Alcide, the weres it Terry/Arlene, it was refreshing having the ep so focused.

I wonder who turned Mike lol

Loved the Pam/Tara/Ginger stuff, Pam stating it’s Tara she won’t relinquish was awesome.

I really hope we find out about this Warlow character before seasons end.

August 14, 2012

I so agree Lori, having an episode stay “focused” is key to my ultimate enjoyment of True Blood. THis was a really good one!

I don’t think either Eric or Bill a truly gone; honestly, I am praying they are not. I think the writers are just playing with us. We’ll see though, I’m biting my nails, as we speak.

August 14, 2012

Eric is definately faking, Bill is gone for the moment at least, he’ll be brought back either in the finale or next season. I can’t see them keeping Bill this way, not believing humans are nothing but food, he’d be the new big bad and that’s not going to happen.

August 14, 2012

I agree I did not miss Terry/Arlene and Alcide side stories this time. They should work out a formula with main characters, THE VAMPIRES & SOOKIE, are the focus and secondary characters alternate episodes instead of giving each 5 minutes. Every week skip a few secondary characters.

August 14, 2012

I agree with you. I did not miss Alcide storyline too! But in every another episode is less and less Eric´s scenes. I hope he will be great in season finale, because he is fighting viking forever!

August 14, 2012

Mike Spencer a vampire, but only briefly. That was a shocker. Sookie took care of him. Molly’s death saddened me, as did Hoyt’s departure. Jessica fulfilled his glamoring request, and he left for Alaska pain free and ready to begin his new life. Jason lost his best friend, and my heart hurt for him. Jessica lost her first love, and that had to hurt as well. Hoyt will be missed.

Russell shows his true colors and is off to find a way to walk in the sun. Lilith’s blood and the Authority be damned. Has Eric really succumbed and is he in thrall to Lilith? I keep hoping that Bill and Eric will team up to take down the Authority. If Bill is truly a Lilith worshiper, what will it take to break the blood spell that he’s under? It might not be a “what,” but a “who.” I’m thinking Sookie. Godric’s bloody death puzzled me. How can that happen to a ghost?

Kudos to Tara and Ginger for teaming up to take down Elijah. Jason did some sleuthing and found an ancient scroll hidden under Sookie’s bed. A pregnant Mirella (hello, Andy) interprets it, and it would appear that she (Sookie) is contracted to one M. Warlow. Sam and Luna make a good team. The white mice are on the case and determined to locate and save Emma.

Lafayette was a hoot this episode. I enjoyed his sassiness. And he surely knows how to dress.

An entertaining, surprising and touching episode.

August 14, 2012

I meant to add this … nicely summarized, Lynn. I appreciate your commentary and the pictures.

August 14, 2012

The photos were added by Lynn but Kelly wrote the review.

August 14, 2012

I know. See further down for my additional posts.

August 14, 2012

Sorry, I was away for 2 days and just got back online to check out stuff.

August 14, 2012

Trust me, Eric hasn’t given up

August 14, 2012

I hope he hasn’t. I want to see him kill Russell.

August 14, 2012

Actually, of all the vampires, Russell is a favorite of mine. He’s so unbelievably evil and a perfect foil for Eric and Bill. I hope he gets what’s coming, but not the true death; he’s so good!

August 14, 2012

I meant to say … nicely summarized, Kelly. I was all caught up in the text and pictures, and kind of assumed the Random Thoughts were written by Lynn. Memo to self: pay close attention next time.

August 14, 2012

Rowena, Kelly is helping me now and will be writing the Random Thoughts through the end of the season. She’s an excellent writer and we’re so glad she’s on board.

August 14, 2012

Thanks, Lynn. Kelly does an excellent job.

August 15, 2012

Lynn & Rowena,

I’m so glad you enjoy reading my articles as much as I enjoy writing them. I love seeing the readers get into discussions and add comments about the articles. It is really encouraging and makes me realize that all the time and effort I put into my writing is worth it.

Thanks

kelly

Hi Everybody,

Last Sunday’s episode was crazy and really heartbreaking with Eric and Hoyt and Jason and Jessica. I really hope at the season finale this whole lilith thing is a bunch of bullhocky (aka:bs) and whatever is in that blood glass vile that makes the vampires hallucinate, kind of like a drug state, should be destroyed and I think Eic is faking it too and I hope Bill can be saved. And poor Jessica I really hope she is sane enough not to believe in all this vampire religious junk and can help save her maker too. And I have question about episodes 1-7, I have DVR at home and I wasn’t paying any attention and deleted episodes 1-7 of TBS5, my question is that does anybody know if HBO is going to show True Blood episodes 1-7, because I would like to record them back, if HBO isn’t showing the episodes, then I guess I have to wait for the DVD next year. Please can anyone answer my question that would be nice. Talk to you all later True Blood fans. Oh, one more thing the tara scene with the new sheriff was awesome and russell kicking salome butt was terrfic too.

Sincerely, Cristen Stimple

August 14, 2012

Cristen all I know is around New Years they usually do a marathon of the season, need to check the HBO schedule. Question? Can’t you view each episode On Demand and record them one by one on your DVR? (I think I can with my TiVo)

August 16, 2012

Hi Callonmebill,

I got your message and thank you for answering back. And I think you’re right HBO does do a episode marathon around New Years. And the HBO On Demand I can look into that, it does seem a good idea.
        Well talk to you later and keep enjoying watching the rest of season 5.

Sincerely, Cristen Stimple

August 14, 2012

I know Eric is faking it because the description we received for the season finale said he makes a last effort to save Bill and get rid of the authority. As for Bill, I’m not sure. We’ll wait and see. Did anyone else notice that the writing on the scroll that Sookie and Jason found is similar to the writing on the wall of the Authority offices behind the reception desk. ???

August 14, 2012

To the point Random Thoughts Kelly.

Bye Bye Hoyt! *tears*
    Tara was awesome!
    I don’t care for mice but Sam and Luna are the best pests.
    Emma and Steve, funny and sad…”I don’t want Nigel’s to eat you!”
    Are you telling me in almost 300 years the Stackhouses have had no female babies? Those pesky contracts, Sookie needs a ballsy lawyer; Portia Bellefleur. Haha
    Russell’s been in the dark too long and wants some light but Warlow and he will fight over the delectable Miss Stackhouse.

Bill oh my oh my, should I call you Bible Bill?! It’s tit for tat S4 Eric fans suffered with Emo Eric and now S5 Bill fans we got Bill preaching, killing in the name of Lilith and not being himself. My one joy in all this, Bill sure looks great!

Untill next week….

August 14, 2012

i thought it was that Sookie was the first female with the fairy spark? It skipped other females much like it skipped Jason

August 14, 2012

Thanks for clearing that up, the fairy specialness does skip much.

August 14, 2012

NP it is weird how she can be so strong when it skipped so many generations

August 14, 2012

yeah, i know what you mean, how can she be half fae? wouldnt Earl have to be full blooded? and then even with the generational skip, wouldnt that make her, a quarter fae at most? also i wonder about godric saying that lilith is a godless god, did god create lilith and then she rebelled against him? or did she piss him off by needlessly slaughtering his creations? hope we get to find out before seasons end- also i think that warlow cld maybe be as old as russell, so if he is a vampire i think they will fight

August 14, 2012

I hope we can somehow hang on to Russell for Season 6. He is such a delicious villain. Probably won’t happen, though. I have a feeling he’ll be one of many who will meet death in the finale.

August 14, 2012

I hope they do bring back Hoyt but only time will tell.I

August 14, 2012

I sometimes wish they would follow the book a little more with Sookie and her powers. Her telepathy wasn’t related to her fairy blood exactly. The descendants that had a “fairy spark” were also given the telepathy. It was a gift to her family from a Demon, a lawyer to be exact.

Speaking of the Demons, I wonder if maybe that is the blood in the vial. Since they haven’t been introduced yet, it would be the perfect opportunity.

Seems like Hoyt took the cowards way out. He should have said his Goodbye’s and left like a man instead of having his memory modified.

I wonder if Luna will spell the end of Reverand Newlin. She and Sam will do anything to protect and get revenge for the abduction of Emma.

Russell is the vamp we all love to hate. Eric had me believing he had turned…almost.

Nice job Kelly.
    I absolutely loved this episode. My favorite so far this season.

I guessed correctly why Mike Spencer was on Sookie’s doorstep though I had no idea he was a vampire.
    Creepy guy from the get go. My how Andy has changed . Remember how he used to be so snide with Sookie when dead bodies showed up?

My relief that Hoyt had survived and had resumed bickering with his mama soon turned to heartbreak.
    Painful as it was to watch , it was bittersweet their relationship had come full circle, Hoyt and Jessica parting ways in the very booth they first found each other. Tearjerker.
    Jason’s difficulty letting go then it really him so hard. So sad, I’m so glad Sookie was in the police cruiser with Jason.
    Maybe we will see Hoyt again if he comes home to visit Mama Maxine.
    She will always try to get him home by hook or crook.
    * these scenes need to be submitted for an award.

Sam and Lafayette are having none of it in Merlottes. I loved their don’t let the door hit you on the way out attitude.
    Sam’s place, his rules and he nor Lafayette have patience for those buffoons.

I loved Tara’s slight paraphrasing of Prissy’s line from GWTW. Ya got to love that girl. I think Pam is impressed with
    her child and tara’s initiative to rid them of that horrid Elijah. Ginger screams like no other.

It appears Andy may have a surprise coming his way. The Fae must have a very short gestation period. Muarella looks like she is just about ready to deliver. Are the Fae intent on increasing their numbers
    else she just really liked Andy?

Sookie and Jason working together is nice to see . Jason will lift any skirt even on a stuffed bear. LOL
    So now we know Sookie is in essence a payment due but for what?
    Wonder what he got in exchange?
    Who and what exactly is this M. Warlow ? A vampire, hybrid, demon or ? ?

I think Newlin is living his teenage dream somewhat altered so the song was perfect for that budding romance.
    It was just a matter of time before Russell showed his true agenda. He is a runaway train. Salome actually thought she could control him? Frankly I am shocked he did not kill them all. Again his true accent surfaced. How will they derail him this time?
    No doubt he is headed for Bon Temps. Let’s hope Sookie stays hidden.

Poor little Emma. I knew she would not be as appealing to Steve as a human child but would be a tasty treat to Nigel. Where is that creep btw?
    At least Luna and Sam are close by now and hopefully will find Emma asap. Not sure how they will escape since we’ve led to believe Emma can only shift into a wolf.

Whatever is in that “blood” is a heck of a powerful psychotropic that induces very convincing hallucinations. No vamp is immune. Things are not as apparent as they seem imo. What would the fun be in that?

* Lilith has really saved Audrey a boatload of money on wardrobe hasn’t she? lol
    All she needed was a barrel of blood with few clots in it to dip her in.

August 15, 2012

willkill4bill,

I glad you liked the article. I agree it was one of the best episodes this season. In my opinion the whole Lilith story line is getting old. I am most interested in finding out who Warlow is and what the contract really means. I can’t believe the season is almost over!

kelly

August 14, 2012

Maybe we will see duel between Russel and Warlow about Sookie on the end…

August 15, 2012

That would be amazing!!

August 15, 2012

I didn’t understand why Sookie let the vampire in her house- she should recognize the vampire at once- she cant hear their minds and she sees some glamor light on their skin….
    I think that this season much less interesting because there is no connection between the story lines: Sookie with faires, Bill and Eric on drugs ,etc etc

August 15, 2012

It does kind of feel like a filler season.

August 15, 2012

This episode had some of my favorite scenes from the TB series, all seasons:
    1. Tara sliced off the sheriff’s head with one swing of her sword. This was a powerful scene. Tara really resonates as a vampire. It’s as if her character were waiting for her vampirism to come along and now that it has, she is powerful, pure and awe-inspiring.
    2. Eric kneels at Russell’s knee and asks to bury the hatchet but with his eyes and the rasp in his voice, you can see and hear the fury in his heart. If he doesn’t kill Russell with his bare hands, it will be a disappointment.
    3. Steve Newlin lies on live TV that the vampires have stockpiled TruBlood and are “making do”. Too funny. He lies without missing a beat, showing that he’s still the pure evil scum he was as a human.

August 15, 2012

I loved this episode. We got a dose of Godric, and while I hated seeing him “killed” by Lillith, I did love his bit of wisdom.

It was really nice not having so many mini-plots running rampant all over the place. This episode seemed tighter and much more cohesive. Plus, we got rid of whiny Hoyt. That’s a good thing. Hated seeing how it broke Jessica and Jason’s hearts, though.

Bill, I think, really is belly-up with the whole Sanguinista/Lillith drivel, but I think reality is going to strike him HARD when Russell goes after Sookie. At that point I believe he and Eric, who I think is uber-faking it at the moment, will bond together AGAIN and defeat the whole Circus of Clowns, erm, Authority.

I really do think Eric is just biding his time. He’s going to have to figure out how to not only save his own life, but his sister and Sookie, too. His whole world is up-side-down and stinks of Bill.

Great-grandpa Stackhouse needs his genitalia painfully decommissioned.