Random Thoughts True Blood Season 7.09 “Love Is To Die”

Random Thoughts True Blood Season 7.09 “Love Is To Die”

RANDOMTHOUGHTS2

Last night’s episode was the penultimate episode of True Blood’s final season meaning that there is only one more episode left before it meets the “true end. One thing we can count on in the finale this year is that there won’t be a cliffhanger at the end like they have been every other season, because, sadly there will be no next season.

In this episode we had more resolution, but there’s still more left to find out. We hear that the final episode of True Blood will be a longer installment, which is good since there’s still a lot to finish up.

Below are the key story lines that developed or were resolved in this episode:

BILL’S REFUSAL

At the end of last week’s episode Bill said he didn’t want to take Sarah’s blood which would cure him of Hep V. This episode opens just as he has said this and everyone in Fangtasia’s basement is amazed at his refusal. Both Sookie and Jessica try to convince him to take the cure, but he will have none of it. He feels his life is over and he has accepted his fate. Sookie is angry and tries to talk him out of it and when he refuses again, she slaps Bill twice trying to make him change his mind, but he is steadfast. In her anger at his resolution, Jessica asks to be released as his progeny. Bill agrees and in a very emotional scene he releases her. This is Bill’s first gesture proving he is serious about dying. Bill leaves both Jessica and Sookie in tears.

trueblood-00072

709billreleasesjess

Eric comes to Bill’s house to speak with him because he doesn’t understand Bill’s willingness to die and also hurt Sookie so much. He tries to talk him out of it by relating that he had felt the same when he had Hep V saying that it attacks the spirit. He says what Bill is doing is “unconsciousable.” Bill replies that everything he is doing, he is doing for Sookie. He explains about having the dream where he saw Sookie’s baby as nothing but blackness and therefore, Sookie had given birth to death. He says that we (vampires) are drawn to her just as she, (as fae) is drawn to our darkness and to go on would give her nothing but pain. “It’s our light that draws us in, just like she is drawn to our darkness.” He wants to set her free and Eric seems to finally comprehend the gesture.

Bill still needs and wants to try and explain this to Sookie and asks Eric’s to help him by asking her to meet him at her house. Eric finds Sookie as she is coming out of Bellefleur’s and they fly to her house (which is reminiscent of the books) and as she enters her home, just as Bill calls her phone.

709-4

COUPLE’S SWITCH

Hoyt and Bridget are not getting along after what happened during the last episode. Bridget demands to know who Jessica is and what Hoyt and she are to each other. Poor Hoyt doesn’t really understand except that he knows Jessica and is attracted to her. He tells Bridget that he went to Jessica’s to deliver a blood donation for vampire Bill, and just as things seem like they might be resolved. Jessica arrives knocking on the door. Jessica wants to speak with Hoyt to tell him that they had been together before, but Bridget lays down an ultimatum telling Hoyt that if he leaves they are threw. Well, Hoyt goes out the door anyway, which makes Bridget call Jason. Jason arrives and Hoyt immediately punches him out. The next we see Jason he is in the car waking up next to Bridget who is driving. Instead of going to the hospital, (Jason says it’s not necessary) they go to Jason’s. Jason is definitely drawn to Bridget, but he tells her very clearly that they will not be having sex tonight.

709-6

Jason explains to Bridget what happened between Hoyt and Jessica. During his explanation, we see Hoyt and Jessica making love which is something they both do well together. Jason tells Bridget that he was the cause of all their problems, but Jessica knows that she just wasn’t mature enough to accept the relationship with Hoyt that she now seems ready to embrace. Bridget gets Jason to come with her to his bedroom and they lie together, but don’t have sex; pretty much a first for Jason. I think that these couples are now in tune and will be together at the end of the series.

709-2

GINGER’S CLIMAX

Ginger, Fangtasia’s sad fangbanger waitress gave up everything to be with her idol, the vampire Eric. As we saw earlier this season, Ginger was actually the one who came up with the idea for Fangtasia, but Pam took that idea from her by glamouring it from her memory. Ginger has idolized Eric since she met him, but she’s never had the privilege of having sex with him. She has provided food for Eric and probably Pam, too, but never sex with the one vampire she adores.

709Ginger-Eric-TrueBlood

When Eric returns after speaking to Bill and then, to Sookie, he walks into the bar announcing to Ginger that they are now going to have sex. At first Ginger can’t believe what she is hearing, but she soon realizes that he’s not kidding when he asks her where does she want to do it? Of course, Eric’s throne is the one place for her. He escorts her to the stage where the thrown is and sits himself down. Ginger removes her shoes and climbs on top of him. It’s apparent that she is already very excited. Eric pulls off her panties, in vamp speed, and before anything really happens, Ginger has her orgasm and slips onto the floor. Eric is shocked by the shortness of the event, pushes back his hair neatly, rises up and steps over her limp satisfied body on the floor in front of him. He then heads down to the cellar as Ginger snores having already fallen into a deep sleep of satisfaction.

trueblood-ginger-climax709

YAKUZA, SARAH, ERIC AND PAM

Mr. Gus is going to Dallas for the night and this allows Pam and Eric help Bill. With Mr. Gus away, and Eric out talking to Bill and Sookie, Pam decides that it’s time to turn Sarah hair back to a blonde and she starts the coloring process. Presumably, Mr. Gus returns finding Eric gone and figures out that Sookie wasn’t just the fangbanger that Eric claimed she was in the last episode. When Eric returns, he finds Pam in the basement a prisoner of the Yakuza strapped onto a table, held down with silver where a very pointed wooden stake hangs above her body. You’ve got to give it to the Yakuza, they sure do like their drama. At each of three counts,Mr. Gus asks Eric if Sookie knows about Sarah. With each time that he asks the question, Eric denies it, and one rope is cut making the stake fall closer and closer to Pam. On the third count, just as they are about to cut the rope, Eric says, “She knows.” I’m praying that Pam is OK, but worry that the Yakuza are now out to kill Sookie.

709pambasement3

709pambasementstake1

708pambasementstake

Sam leaves

Sookie and Jessica arrive at Sam’s trailer to find that he has left town. Jessica finds a note for Sookie telling her that he has to go be with Nicole and her daughter. He also leaves a note for Andy Bellefleur. Sookie takes the note to Bellefleurs bar and gives it privately to Andy. All Sam says is, “I resign.”

Is that all we’re going to see of Sam this season? I think not.

709sookiejess 709Samnicole

Bellefleurs Bar & Grill throws a party

Arlene is not going to let the fact that the bar’s business has fallen off due to the vampire attacks get her down. She has decided to invite everyone she can to have dinner with her at the bar. When Sookie and Jessica walk in, Jessica sees James, who is now definitely with Lafayette and happy. She goes to him and they make amends. This done, Jessica feels now that she must go find Hoyt and asks James to make sure that Sookie gets home safe.

One thing that I just love about True Blood are the “little personal touches.” Big John the cook in Bellefleur’s was meant to only be a one time part, but since Nelsan Ellis made him so much a part of the story, he’s been in every episode since the first season. That’s the kind of family that True Blood is and we just love it. See a photo of Big John below.

Sookie and Arlene have a nice talk together where they first discuss Arlene and Keith and how strange it is for Arlene to be dating a vampire. Sookie tells Arlene that Bill is dying and asks Arlene how she keeps going on and on since she’s lost so many loved ones. Arlene says, that the first thing you have to do is decide that you want to (go on).

709arlenesookie

Tell us what you thought of this episode by leaving your comments below.

Lynnpd
Written by Lynnpd

Lynnpd has an avid interest in the entertainment industry from classic movies to all things True Blood. With a background in art, she enjoys creating in Photoshop, running web sites and finds the internet an exciting place to be. Lynn lives in the LA area and attends as many Hollywood related events as she can. She has covered events for the both websites in the LA area; read all about it at http://lynnpdexclusives.com.

August 18, 2014

This scene scared me! I was like eric just tell him the truth, u know u will protect sookie

August 19, 2014

Glad to see Big John included in what my sister described as the “last supper” scene

August 19, 2014

Lynn we are nearing the finish line and I’m feeling sad.

I have one real complaint about he episode. Sam drew the short straw for a sendoff.
    They should have written the dinner Arlene hosted to have been a sweet farewell to Sam. His waitresses and cooks were there and a few regulars in attendance. He has helped save the town from Maryanne and Worked with Bill on occasion to save the citizens of Bon Temps.
    Sam has been there since the beginning and deserved a better exit imo.
    Aside from that the gathering was nice. Arlene continues to dole out good advice.

Pam must have been really bored to give Sarah a makeover or maybe it was a distraction so the Yakuza may not notice Eric was gone. It’s nice to see how concerned Eric is for Bill and Sookie with no apparent hidden agenda. Ginger’s long yearned for fantasy is finally realized and hilarity ensues.
    Even Eric was taken aback. I’m guessing that was a first for him. So funny
    Regrettably Mr. Gus had another surprise for Eric, Pam is lying under a huge wooden stake.
    Eric confessed Sookie knows about the cure and she’s in danger now. I think Eric has over estimated his worth to Mr. Gus. Eric and Pam need to end this association asap and wipe out the Yakuza.

Jason is such a lovable boy and I think he has learned a lesson or two along the way. Not sure if Bridget will stick around but I think they could be a good couple. Omg Jessica and Hoyt reunited,
    how sweet was that? Maxine must be spinning in her grave.

Bill releasing Jessica at her request was devastating. Even Pam took pity on her cause she’s been there herself and know how painful it is. Sookie slapping Bill in frustration and angst and Bill allowing her to vent. Eric stopped her from striking Bill for the third time. Bill must snap out of this and take the cure. It’s breaking my heart. Maybe Sookie being in danger will be the catalyst Bill needs.

August 19, 2014

Thank you, Lynn, for this.  Hard to believe that the true end is so near. And sad … so very sad.   Basically a good episode IMO.

I agree with WK that Sam drew the short send off straw.  We’ve not seen much of him since the first few episodes.  I’m glad he made his decision to leave with Nicole.  He has a happy ending; however, his departure is another loss for Sookie.
    Scenes I really enjoyed and appreciated:  the heartfelt talk between Arlene and Sookie; Eric’s visit to Bill and agreement to talk to Sookie on Bill’s behalf (it was good to see that these two have settled into a cordial relationship); the Hoyt-Jessica scenes (she needed to explain to him their previous relationship in order to begin anew with him); the Jessica and James scene; Eric and Ginger getting it on (hooray for Ginger … she finally got her wish!).
    I could see it happening … Hoyt and Jessica getting back together, and Bridget and Jason growing closer and perhaps becoming a couple.  Jason wants a family.  So does Bridget.  They are attracted to each other.  Good start.  That had to be a first for Jason, sharing a bed with a woman and not having sex.

Another first was Eric playing relationship counselor.  Good on him for going to bat for Bill with Sookie.

How wonderful that Big John got some moments this episode.  He’s been there since the beginning.

Bill’s refusal to take the cure was heartbreaking, as was his release of Jessica.  She requested it, but as it was happening, I could see the pain and grief etched on her face.  I can understand (well, sort of) where Bill is coming from.  We’ll see how well he can explain his true death wish to Sookie.  We left him knocking on her door.  His reasons and her reaction will come next week.

It sounds like Eric and Pam have a plan for Sarah … to sell her healing services to vampires.  Hence her make over by Pam.  They will have to get past Mr. Gus and the Yakuza first.  I guess Mr. Gus’s cohorts told him of Eric’s absence from Fangtasia while he (Gus) was gone.  Gus put two and two together, and figured right … that Sookie Stackhouse knows about the cure.  That doesn’t bode well for Sookie.  At least Pam didn’t meet the true death, although she came perilously close.

The party at Bellefleur’s brought many of our gang together.  Almost everyone who stayed for the meal was part of a couple:  Lafayette and James, Arlene and Keith, Holly and Andy, Adilyn and Wade.  Arlene had the right idea … open for business and they will come eventually.  In the meantime, throw a party.

I seem to have rambled a bit.  I hope no one minds.

August 19, 2014

I’m enjoying the final season a lot.  I especially enjoyed the Hoyt and Jessica reconciliation plot line.  It seem seems very romantic and magical that he couldn’t help but feel moved by her and she by him.

I’m enjoying the way Eric is behaving this season and it was fun to see Sookie get a ride on the Eric Express.

I’ll be very sad if Bill dies but I’ve always believed he would die for Sookie–possibly in the act of saving her, if nothing else but to prove that he indeed regained his humanity through his love for her.  This self-sacrifice for her might have been set up by his saying to her recently that he thought he’d regained his humanity but ‘alas it was only a memory of his humanity’.

In a couple other ways too, Bill has made a convincing case for himself to die and thus permanently remove himself from Sookie’s world.  He’s recently been dreaming of Caroline Compton a great deal, and he lingered over his and her graves as he walked to Sookie’s.  Maybe he is seeing himself reunited with her and that’s one of the last scenes we’ll see is him walking into Caroline’s arms.  All of that reminiscing plus him saying to Eric ‘we have nothing to give Sookie but death, we are death’.  That statement alone makes me believe he will die.  The only thing is he will do it heroically, to save her from Gus.  ….But it would be nice if Niall pops up and turns Bill into a human.  That’s always been my big wish for Bill.

I will miss True Blood horribly.  I’ve never posted online about a TV show before and may not do so again.  True Blood has been so very different than any other show I’ve ever seen.  It was truly great TV.

August 19, 2014

Bill can`t die in the end. The only thing that i want to see is Bill and Sookie together.

August 19, 2014

I ENJOYED THE EPISODE VERY MUCH !  ALL OF ERIC SCENCES WERE GREAT I THOUGHT IT WAS SO FUNNY THE SCENCE WITH GINGER I COULD;T STOP LAUGHING !  I REALLY HOPE BILL IS ALIVE AT THE END ; MAYBE IT WILL END THAT SOOKIE DIES AND IS TURNED INTO A VAMPIRE BY BILL SOMEHOW ;OR BILL DIES AND SOOKIE STARTS A NEW LIFE !  WILL ALL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE !  I AM NOT TO SURE IF I LIKED THAT THEY PUT JESSICA BACK WITH HOYT I MEAN SHE BREAKS UP WITH HIM ; AND THAN SHE SEE;S HIM AGAIN AND WANTS HIM BACK I FELT SHE JUST NEEDED SOMEONE TO LEAN ON ; I LIKED HIS GIRLFRIEND WITH HIM !  JASON WITH HER I DON;T LIKE THAT AT ALL ; BUT THEY DO LOOK CUTE TOGETHER I GUESS ! I AM NOT LOOKING FOREWARD TO THE END BECAUSE I HATE FOR THE SHOW TO BE ALL OVER I WILL MISS IT SO MUCH !

August 20, 2014

Thank you Lynn for your Random Thoughts, I love reading them and am so sad next week will be the last RT.
    My scattered thoughts are this was a most enjoyed episode even though Bill refused the Noomi cure and released Jessica (tears). I understand why he wants to meet the true death, to save Sookie from his darkness (“we vampires are always in some kind of trouble…..” S1E4) and while Sookie has forgiven Bill, he knows it will never end and he needs to set her free. What I don’t understand is how will Bill dying the true death help Sookie? There still will be millions (guessing) of vampires left for her to be attracted to that will plunge her into their darkness. I still think the finale will solve this dilemma by Sookie using her light ball and not be fae anymore, thus Bill can take the cure.
    Regarding the cure (Sarah) I think Eric and Pam, if they get away from Gus have something planned that will help the vampires.
    Eric and Ginger finally on the throne was a hoot! The look on Eric’s face is Ginger ok? If Ginger is happy I’m happy.
    Sam and Nicole’s departure is what Nicole wanted, she wanted out and fast. Yes us fans want a long, dragged out goodbye, but that does not fit the plot. I hope they show the baby and Sam one more time as Lynn mentions.
    Hoyt, Jessica, Jason and Bridget – while I love it all it’s all a bit to convenient with Jason and Bridget. They are cute together though and I am just very happy Jes and Hoyt are back together.
    So sad this is almost it! Looking forward for the resolutions to all the shorelines but most especially what happens to Bill and Sookie!

August 21, 2014

I forgot to mention loved Sookie flying with Eric; what girl wouldn’t want to go flying. Nice scene from the books.