Sookie Breaks the True Blood Love Triangle. Will she ever find love again?

Sookie Breaks the True Blood Love Triangle. Will she ever find love again?

After breaking the love triangle, Sookie finds herself single. Will she ever find love again?

In season four Sookie ended her relationship with Eric and made it clear to Bill that they wouldn’t be getting back together. Whether you’re team Eric, which I am or team Bill it’s safe to say we all were disappointed by her decision.

Can you blame Sookie for ending it with Bill? She not only found out he betrayed her but that their entire relationship was built on a lie. As we found out in season three, Bill had a really big secret and he’d do anything to keep Sookie from finding out what it was.  When Sookie met Bill it wasn’t fate that brought them together. It was the queen of Louisiana. She sent Bill to acquire Sookie. Even worse Bill let Sookie get beat up so he could feed her his blood. His reason for doing this was so he could get close to her.  He would also always be able to know where she was. He knew Sookie was searching for security and he used that to win her over.  Bill really did love Sookie but he struggled with his feeling for her and his obligation to queen Sophie-Anne.

When Sookie’s world quickly began spiraling out of control she knew she had a tough decision to make.  She used her fairy powers to save Bill from a Marnie controlled Eric. In the process Eric regained his memory. Being faced with the thought of loosing Bill, Sookie realized she still loved him. With Eric back to his old self Sookie began to doubt the future of their relationship. Being older, stronger and wiser Sookie knew she could never get back what she had with Bill or Eric so she had to let them go.

After discovering that Bill (Stephen Moyer) was working for Queen Sophie-Anne to gain information on her, Sookie is “learning to stand on her own,” Anna Paquin says. “At the end of last season, she was at a point where she was willing to walk away from everyone and everything, particularity those troublesome boys. It’s not that she doesn’t want or need anyone, she just isn’t dependant anymore.” That’s OK for Bill, though. “Bachelorhood kind of turns out all right for Bill,” Moyer says. “He’s decided to enjoy it while he can.” TVGuide.com

I think season five will reveal a stronger, independent more confident Sookie. She’s learned that she can stand on her own. Once she takes time to heal her broken heart Sookie will find love once again.  I see her new love interest being someone who is a mix of Bill and Eric. Alcide is a sexy, sensitive werewolf that has a hint of danger about him. He also gives Sookie respect and a sense of security. Although he is the obvious choice for Sookie he isn’t the only choice.

We are going to learn more about the fairies in season five. Sookie finding love with one of her own may be just what she needs to get over her vampire lovers. Not only that, but a relationship with a fairy may help her discover who she really is and reveal her true potential.

“Season 5 will explore more fairies, new fairies, fairies in a way you haven’t really seen fairies. We will all, as well as Sookie, come to understand fairies more than in previous seasons.” [Raelle Tucker, 09.13.11 – EW] www.trueblood-online.com

This season the vampire’s world begins to fall apart. Eric and Bill will have to team up and learn to work together while protecting each other. Could this new found bromance lead to a new kind of Sookie, Eric and Bill love triangle? We know that the thought has crossed Sookie’s mind. Could her fantasy become a reality? Would Bill and Eric share Sookie if it was the only way to have her in their lives? I can’t see that happening. Sookie loves them both but could she love them equally? Eric’s not the sharing type. Now that he has his memory back would Sookie be able to love all of him, the good and the bad? Could she ever find a way to trust Bill again?

Is there still hope for Sookie and Eric on True Blood?
Considering that Sookie swore off both Bill and Eric in the season finale, it’ll be a while before we see any movement on that front. “The feelings are still there for both Eric and Bill,” Alexander Skarsgård tells us. “The attraction is still there, but they’re preoccupied, and so is she.” Instead, look for Bill and Eric to team up while the vampire world begins to both expand and collapse in the coming season. “The guys have usually tried to kill each other and now suddenly have to learn to become friends and protect each other and work together.” TVGuide.com

Quinn and Sookie have a relationship in Charlaine Harris’s Definitely Dead. Will True Blood’s writers shake things up by introducing a new character who will compete for Sookie’s heart?

There are plenty of hot men in BonTemps. We’ll just have to wait and see which one Sookie will end up with. Whether she chooses vampire, shape shifter, werewolf, witch, fairy or human, Bill and Eric aren’t going to let her go without a fight.

Will Sookie find love again? Who will she choose?

Kelly Valentine discovered True Blood during S4, but quickly caught up on seasons 1-3 and her favorite sups are the vampires. She works with special needs children in an elementary school in Maryland. Her passions are photography and writing.

Sources:

tvguide.com
tvguide.com/News/True-Blood-Spoilers
urbandictionary.com

Kelly Valentine
Written by Kelly Valentine

Kelly Valentine discovered True Blood during S4, but quickly caught up on seasons 1-3 and her favorite sups are the vampires. She works with special needs children in an elementary school in Maryland. Her passions are photography and writing.

February 11, 2012

Just have a happy 3some! :)

February 11, 2012

#TeamQuinn

February 11, 2012

No i dont think she will she is too fickle

February 11, 2012

…and again and again and again…

February 11, 2012

Gee – seems like with four guys (Eric, Bill, Sam, and Alcide) all pining for her and willing to let her have her way (whatever way that might be), she could come up with a way to be happy for at least one or two episodes with one of them!!

February 11, 2012

I really hope they go a different route than the books…a whole new love, not a vampire…

February 11, 2012

Well and thoughtfully written, Kelly. Thank you. I believe Sookie will find love again. Whether it will be true love is another matter entirely. She does have some maturing and growing to do.

I believe Sookie and Bill are soulmates, and hope they will eventually find their way back to one another. But … it’s all in the hands of the writers. I will await further developments.

Rowena,

Thank you. I’m so glad you liked it!

Kelly

February 12, 2012

I know their relationship doesn’t end as well as it could have in the books, but I’d love to see Quinn and Sookie get together on the show… I’ve always seen Jason Momoa as Quinn (even though Quinn’s bald in the books) and I could totally see him fitting in with the rest of the cast…
    It would be interesting to see what Adam Ball would do with Sookie and Quinn’s relationship too…

February 12, 2012

Adding Quinn to the lineup of Sookie suitors would make for an interesting season. Jason Momoa would be great as Quinn. I can’t wait to see what happens on season 5.

Kelly

February 12, 2012

I really hope that Sookie does not fall in love with Eric when he was the most horrible … what a woman wants to fall in love with a man / vampir explaining that he bought her with her ​​house? And if we remember correctly, she was really mad at him for it …
    Eric was there with no memmory with a nice body, Bill has moved on .. so why would not Sookie have some fun? That was all. She needed someone instead of Bill. Someone who will not remember anything. What could be better than that? …. Lol ….

I hope Quinn comes into the picture. In the book, Sookie treated Quinn incredibly immature. I hope that TB writers would change that and show us how it could be. In the book Sookie did no twant a man with “baggage” and she want be number one for her man,… Poor Quinn, who did so much for his family … Book Sookie instead choose a vampir which has the largest “bagage” and Sookie will never be number one with him …

So give us Quinn,

February 12, 2012

susanna, I have always felt this way about Quinn. Quinn most definitely was thrown under the bus so to speak….

February 12, 2012

I think adding Quinn would be a great move for the writers. He couldl add a lot to the story line.

Kelly

February 12, 2012

Very nicely written, Kelly. I can’t understand why all the men yearn for the tempermental and fickle Sookie Stackhouse. I suppose it’s the fairy blood that keeps them lining up at her door. Despite the underhanded manner in which Bill met and procured Sookie, I believe they truly are soulmates. However, I also believe Bill when he says he wants her to lie in the sunlight and have children someday. If not Bill, I really don’t really care who Sookie ends up with. It’s not her character I’m rooting for. : )

February 12, 2012

Quoting Bills4me: “If not Bill, I really don’t really care who Sookie ends up with. It’s not her character I’m rooting for. : )”

While I acknowledge all that she’s gone through (and I’m not going to get into the hows and whys of the things that have happened to her), I’m with you, B4m … it’s not Sookie I’m rooting for.

February 12, 2012

Thank you. I’m so glad you liked the article! I’m with you. I don’t get why eveyone wants to be with Sookie. She’s not the character I’m rooting for either. :)

Kelly

February 12, 2012

Bill will always be Sookies true love. I agree with Rowena and Bills4me, they are soulmates and Sookie loved Bill with her whole self, not just a small part, from the beginning.
    But Sookie still needs to learn more about the world of men around her so she can make the right decisions. Sad thing though is that Bill will always let her go to try to live as normal a life as possible and be happy. Bill wants whats best for Sookie. I think Sam and Alcide would as well. I never believed that to be true for Eric.

February 12, 2012

To me, Eric is that one guy you know you shouldn’t be with but you are just so drwn to. Hopefully Sookie has learned a few things about men and will make better choices in the future.

Kelly

February 12, 2012

Kelly, I have never and will never be drawn to a man like Eric. I have more self esteem and intelligence than to be influenced or hoodwinked by the superficialness of him. I speak for many women I know.

Though I did not state it at first, I did not care for your opinion of Bill and it is obvious from your article who you prefer instead of remaining neutral.

You were unfair and did bash Bill accusing him of so much that was out of his control. And betrayal? What betrayal? He was sent by the queen, he didnt know Sookie and he wasnt looking for a relationship or to own her (its Eric who has betrayed Sookie, Bill and others over and over to obtain what he wants).
        As to the Rattrays, “if” it stands as is, Bill was doing all in his power to do the job assigned him.

When Bill came to know Sookie he kept her from QSA, and protected her at great personal risk to himself if found out. Then he loved Sookie as she loved him. There was no lie there. Bills only fault is in not telling Sookie why was originally sent, he felt would hurt her feelings, and of course he was afraid to lose her.

Eric knew Sookie well and wanted her when he used her and put her in danger with Longshadow. When he mocked and tricked her into drinking his blood. When he called in Lorena and put Sookie in danger again. And he used her and could have killed her when he gave her to Russell E., all for his vendetta. Remember, Eric said Sookie meant nothing to him. He meant that absolutely. His vendetta being a priority.

So I cannot subscribe to your opinion of these two vampires, but you are entitled to it as I am to mine.

To the moderators of the Vault, It is my preference this site remain focused on real news as in the past, and not given over to guest writers with biased opinions.

That is just an opinion.

February 12, 2012

Moonbeam, I would like to address your comment about the “focus” of The Vault.

The Vault will always be about True Blood news, as is done in the daily newspapers, etc. However, just like these newspapers, we have decided to add editorials to that which we offer to the fans. Whether you agree with this particular editorial or not, hearing others opinions and observations we think enhances the experience.

Please read the comment written below by Shadaliza about this. Part of what she says I’ve listed below which explains a bit further:

“The articles of our guest writers represent only the opinion of the writers and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners of TrueBlood-Online.com. We find it important to give space to the different points of view of the great variety of True Blood fans and the editorials of the guest writers are the perfect tool for that. We safeguard that the articles are in agreement with our policy.”

February 12, 2012

Kelly thank you for your very well writen article but being Team Bill I don’t agree with all your points on Bill and Eric but the focus is on Sookie and her finding love again and with whom.
    In the end I wish Sookie and Bill to get back together but for now I’m a Quinn fan, but I feel the show will develope Alcide and combine his character with Quinns possibly because of time issues. That would be a shame. As to Alcide, I have never felt the chemistry between the two, just friendship, though I like him with Debbie.
    Lastly I don’t know what to make of “Sookie finding love with one of her own”, romantic? We will have to wait and see.

February 12, 2012

Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed the article. Truthfully, as long as bill is around I don’t see sookie ever fully getting over him. I could see team bill winning out in the end.

Kelly

February 12, 2012

Great article Kelly! I agree with your points about Eric & Bill. The Viking will always be better than Bill. Yes, Eric has done many bad things, but he wasn’t Sookie’s BF. Bill was. And Bill cheated, lied, let the Rattrays attack Sookie to give her his blood and control her, procure her for the Queen and more. Yes, Eric is a BAMF, but Bill treated Sookie like trash.

I will ship Eric & Sookie forever, against all odds and AB’s boner for Bill.

February 12, 2012

Oh you mean that Eric Sookie treated as trash when he forced her to drink his blood (bullet) even though she was someone else’s woman – it was a violation of vampire law .. or you might mean when he spoke of her as “it” or when he used Sookie as bait for his irresponsible selfish behavior against Russel (revenge) … or when he bought her house and bert revered as if he bought her? Then you’re right. Eric just means trouble that everyone is involved in. What’s boyfriend material! OMG!

February 13, 2012

Unlike Bill who allowed her to get beaten within an inch of her life so he could force her to drink his blood or die – Eric actually saved her from the bullets & then asked her to suck them out. Eric tricked her – but there was no “forcing”. That would be your man Bill.

February 12, 2012

Thank you, I’m so glad you liked the article! As you and Susanna have pointed out, Eric and Bill both have their faults. As fans of either character we can’t help but root for them despite those faults.

Kelly

February 12, 2012

And if Bill fans want Quinn, it’s because they know (deep down) that Bill and Sookie are over. But not wanting Eric with Sookie, they prefer Alcide, Quinn or Alcide in the picture and not the Viking Vampire God. :)

February 12, 2012

Quinn won’t show up in the show…imo. Alcide will take his place. Sookie will end up with Bill at the very end of the series.

February 12, 2012

I do think Sookie will find love again. I believe that Sookie and Bill are soulmates and will find their way back to each other. Probably not until the end of the series.

I know that book 5 featured the introduction of Quinn as a possible suitor, but I am hoping they don’t include him in the show. There are enough guys out there battling for Sookie’s affection (Bill, Eric, Alcide, and lets not forget Sam).

Thanks for taking the time to be a guest writer, Kelly.

Cherie

My pleasure. I glad you enjoyed reading the article.

Kelly

February 12, 2012

I think Kelly did an awesome job of being very fair in her assessment. Great writing, loved reading about it. Whichever vamp you are pulled to or glamoured by, there’s no doubt that Sookie has some excellent choices and I wouldn’t mind having them myself. Yum!

Lynn,

Thank you. I’m so glad you liked the article. I really enjoyed writing it. Sookie does have some excellent choices. I’d be willing to take Eric off of her hands. LOL How did she get so lucky?

Kelly

February 12, 2012

Well, I thought the article was very biased and it’s extremely easy to see that the author is an Eric fan. If it was “very well written” we would have read a somewhat more neutral piece. We did not however, we got an Eric fan’s view of the love triangle along with some Bill bashing.

“Sookie’s relationship with Eric was different. She was initially attracted to the sense of danger and pure sex that oozes out of him but she never trusted him. I think that began to change when he revealed Bill’s secret and admitted he never gave up hope she’d come back even when everyone else did. Sookie started to see him in a different light. When Eric lost his memory she fell in love with his vulnerability and innocence.”

Eric never gave up hope? He bought her house and then told her he owned her also. Nobody has ever said that Sookie was “initially attracted to the danger and pure sex that oozed out of him” except that fan and the fan fiction so many write. Sookie hated Eric from the day she met him until he tricked her into sucking out those bullets. She said so many times, she hated Eric, and with good reason, too.

I am very disappointed that this article would be allowed to be printed: completely biased and bashing imo. If it was bashing Eric, it would not have been allowed, guaranteed! I come here to read good articles that are not stomping on or delusional all over one or the other of the lead characters. If i want to read “total Eric adoration” there are many sites for that.

very disappointing.

Hi Boobear

thanks for your comment, I’d like to respond to you and explain our point of view.

The articles of our guest writers represent only the opinion of the writers and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners of TrueBlood-Online.com. We find it important to give space to the different point of views of the great variety of True Blood fans and the editorials of the guest writers are the perfect tool for that. We safeguard that the articles are in agreement with our policy.

I strongly disagree that there is any character bashing going on in this article, all that is said about Bill is true. Since this is an article about Sookie and not about Bill or Eric’s character development I think it was correct that the writer stuck to the basics of those characters and did not get into that too much. And yes, since she is an Eric fan, the article is colored through her glasses, but there is room for ALL True Blood fans on The Vault and everybody is invited to express their opinion and point of view as long as its done respectfully.

boobear

Sorry you didn’t enjoy the article. As Shadaliza said this article is just my opinion. I was asked to speculate about sookie’s future love life. In doing that I used what little has been revealed about season 5 and what has happened in the last 4 seasons to write my article. Yes I am an Eric fan but I would never bash another character.

Kelly

February 14, 2012

I think it is awesome to see different views on this site. It is afterall a True Blood fansite, not just a Bill or Eric site. Kudos to author of the original article for a great piece.

February 12, 2012

I think part of the fun is speculating about who Sookie will be with. However, at the risk of sounding cynical, it’s hard to care so much about her at all considering her odd behaviors. I’m not a fan of how they ended last season with her telling both vampires how much she loves them and then she walks away after a 3-way dumpfest. Only a heartless monster would dump someone in front of their romantic competition like she did. I get what the writers were trying to accomplish in that scene but trying to kill so many plot-birds with one stone also served to make Sookie much less sympathetic as a character.

Agreed.

February 13, 2012

Thank you, couldn’t have said it better.

You don’t dump your lover in front of your other ex lover or whatever,
      And you also don’t say something along the lines of ‘we’ve hurt each other so now we’re even’.

If that’s love then no thanks IMHO.

February 13, 2012

I agree Selle. Sookie needs to be single for a while to grow up and do some self reflection. Commitment is beyond her understanding. She has a wandering eye and is easily distracted.
      Her motto seems to be like the old song says “if you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with”.
      I want shake some sense into that girl. I have no patience for fickle behavior in an adult.

February 13, 2012

Yep.

And after this dumping she did, how she waxed on about love and then turned on a freaking dime and said “but we’re done”, it was like a serious game player.

Heck, why didn’t they just have her stand Bill and Eric next to each other and say to them both in one sentence, “you’re dumped, bye now”?! LOL.

Even now, I just can’t believe that scene. Dang

>>>Will Sookie find love again? Who will she choose?<<<

Duh, What a ridiculous question to ask? I don’t think we’ve been watching the same show for the last four + seasons?

"Sookie has already found eternal LOVE with Bill Compton her Soulmate!… Nuff said.

February 12, 2012

I second that emotion! No questions needed.

Sookie has already found her soul mate in Bill!

I doubt they will even cast Quinn, but if they do he most likely won’t be a love interest. Too many men and the lead heroine becomes a little too “loose”.

Alcide is there, ready and waiting and Sookie is already attracted to him. He’s the obvious choice for a little fling that has at least some heat in it, no snow.

Sookie and Bill forever! and ever! definitely by the end of this show!

February 12, 2012

Looks like we’re on the same wavelength!;)

YEP! ;-)

February 13, 2012

I don’t understand the complaints. The Vault admins The Vault: Stephen Moyer and AllStephenMoyer. ONE admin makes a post that is pro-Eric and some fans are having tantrums. Sorry for that. The only reason I come to this site is if there is some article about Alex or Eric. Bill fans don’t make a True Blood site. Shad and Lynn need traffic in this page, so they can have credentials to TB events and share with us the latest news. So, they need to cover ALL the TB characters and actors to have a strong and healthy page. :)

February 13, 2012

I think the reason for the complaint is because there are so many sites that are pro Eric. The Vault has always remained impartial in their love.
      I personally come to the Vault because of it’s impartiality, I get tired of all the swooning over Eric at all the other sites, which has, honestly, become quite annoying.

February 13, 2012

chelad, I completely agree with everything you said.

February 13, 2012

cosigned :)

February 13, 2012

nothing like a good love triangle to spark the senses!

February 14, 2012

Dear Kelly,
    I really enjoyed your insightful article. I didn’t think that it bashed any of the characters, including Sookie. Everything that you wrote is the truth that can be confirmed by an analysis of the show. Of course not everyone will agree with you or me. TB is purposely ambiguous. As Alan Ball said many times, he is not interested in one-dimensional heroes and villains but in flawed and very “human” characters and in stories that can be interpreted in more than one way. We are all eye-witnesses in the TB world, so it’s no wonder that we watch the same show but notice different things and interpret the same events differently. That’s human nature. Just ask any cop. LOL

February 16, 2012

Rina,

Thank you. I’m happy to hear you like the article.

Kelly

February 15, 2012

Really enjoyed the article so thank you. Personally I wasn’t happy with how Sookie was written throughout S4, she was all over the place and used as a plot device too much to integrate too many characters IMO, I hope she stays single, doesn’t get any new love interests because she has enough and just grows. My hope for the next season of True Blood is that it stays true to the characters that Charlaine so wonderfully created and the cohesion isn’t once again lost with trying to service so many new characters.