Stephen Moyer Pulls Out of 35th Annual Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race

Stephen Moyer Pulls Out of 35th Annual Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race

After much thought and consideration, and at the request of his producers,Stephen Moyer has decided not to take part in the 35th annual Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race. Moyer, the star of the HBO series “True Blood,” has pulled out of the race in consideration of the cast and crew of his show, which is currently in production.

“While I’m disappointed I won’t be racing today, I know it’s in the best interest of my ‘True Blood’ family,” said Moyer. “I look forward to cheering on my fellow racers and following all the race-day action.”

In Moyer’s absence, actor William Fichtner will take the pole position in today’s race. As pole-position winner in Friday’s qualifying session, Moyer designated his $15,000 donation in conjunction with the 14th annual People Pole Award to the charity Facing the Atlantic. Facing the Atlantic is a project to raise funds for the humanitarian organization Facing the World, which is a U.K. charity that provides life-changing facial reconstructive surgery for children with severe facial disfigurements who are not able to access the surgery that they need in their own countries.

You too can give to Facing the Atlantic and support Stephen Moyer’s charity by making a direct donation to Facing The Atlantic here http://www.justgiving.com/Facingtheatlantic

Please note: add the code TB4FTA (True Blood for Facing The Atlantic) to the note of your donation so we can keep track of how much was donated by True Blood / Stephen Moyer fans.

source

Tagged
Shadaliza
Written by Shadaliza

Shadaliza loves the Internet, film and TV shows, writing, running websites and charity fundraising; she has found the perfect combo in the fansites to express her creativity and passion. Shadaliza is Dutch, but has lived in Italy for many years and works as Marketing Executive for an Internet hosting company.

April 16, 2011

Good move Stephen! AB dosen’t want another accident happening….and we don’t either!

April 16, 2011

I must say that I am kind of happy about him not racing, that accedent was kind of scary and could have turned out a bit differntly, Besides he got what he wanted wich was money for hios charity, I myself whant to see him on t.v every sunday as my sexy bill.

April 16, 2011

What is this f….g nonsense! Giving up before the last race and the opportunity to win???

I am so disappointed and I understand that Stephen is there as well.

If HBO did not want him be there they could say it from the beginning. It is NOT FAIR to let anyone train for two months, hope to win something that you love and dream about and then say no before the last race!!
    Or do not HBO understand what racing is all about ?????
    Are you playing with Stephens and our feelings HBO or what???

He could run it anyway, he said he does not win .. Even his family came to look at him!

Some chances, we only get once in our lives. If we do not take them so they’re gone. this is one such occasion.

I hope you are ashamed HBO!

April 16, 2011

HBO made not have been the only factor in Stephen’s decision. Yes, his family was there, including his children. After seeing their father’s car flip over, I am sure they, as well as his wife, are just as happy as HBO that he decided to drop out. He proved he was more that ready by winning the pole position, and money for his charity. I think his decision was sound any way you look at it.

April 16, 2011

It was not his family. He was forced to abstain by HBO and the insurance company. Where have those been during his two months training period and yesterday? . He was dressed and ready to go … No one should be treated this way!

April 16, 2011

I feel certain the accident played a big part in the decision, regardless of who wanted it.

April 16, 2011

I’m kind of glad HBO pulled the pulled the plug on his racing – once you’re injured, there’s no going back and no one wants to see that happen. Stephen is probably disappointed but HBO is his boss so what else can he do? Happy he won money yesterday for his charity-it’s what it’s all about any how. Stephen is already a winner to me.

April 16, 2011

I’m sure Stephen is disappointed. “At the request of his producers” is pretty definitive. Yesterday was scary for him and his family, and that includes his True Blood family. Also for those of us watching and reading about the flip. He won the money for Facing the Atlantic, and that is wonderful. As I understand it, that was his main goal. My hat is off to you, Stephen.

April 16, 2011

You can’t blame HBO. They have a multi million dollar show in True Blood in which Stephen is the star. By getting injured in this race, he could ruin the show as well as financially hurt the rest of the cast and crew. These people have families to support. I’m all for raising money for charity but this seemed a little bit like “boys with their toys.” I’m sure Stephen could have found other ways to raise money for this charity. I don’t think this was a well made decision by Stephen. Glad he’s out.

April 16, 2011

What I think is wrong to HBO and insurance companies have let him to participate at all. It was OK for them when Stephen did a lot of advertising at HBO, and TB. Either allows you a part or you stop it from the beginning.
      But to stop him when he is dressed and ready to go .. where were they yesterday? and for two months when he trained? This was Stephen’s dream but it is well-submit things to worry about … … Yes, money is power ..

April 16, 2011

Bummed out for Stephen but not surprised.(Its called show BUSINESS) But he accomplished what he set out to do and we are so very proud of him. What a man!!!!

April 16, 2011

I am disappointed because Stephen is disappointed and I think he would have won but he hasn’t disappointed us or his charity. HBO can not risk their leading man on their #1 show. There is too much at stake ( no pun intended) and frankly I was surprised they initially gave him the green light. It is their prerogative to pull him out of the race as he is under contract. No doubt the accident had them shaking in their boots. I am sure his family share in his disappointment but breathed a sigh of relief.
    On a personal note he gave me few grey hairs yesterday and I would be devastated if something were to happen to him.

April 16, 2011

After yesterday, this decision is very wise. He is a family man, after all. So if we his fans, were all freaked out, I can only imagine how his family felt. HBO, too,for that matter. He is the lead actor and irreplaceable.

I have no doubt he would have won. It doesnt matter – he has won already. The world is a better place because he is in it.

April 16, 2011

IA Lisa, i’m sure in everyone’s hearts he’s won already in designating this large donation to Facing the Atlantic. Bravo!

April 16, 2011

I’m glad he withdrew. I don’t want to see him get injured. True Blood wouldn’t be worth watching without Stephen.

April 16, 2011

No surprise here that HBO pulled in the reins. If Stephen hadn’t “flipped out” yesterday evrything would have been fine. I can understand why HBO did it but I feel that actors have a life outside of work (as we all do) and should be able to persue whatever hobbies they enjoy. They all knew he was practicing for this and sometimes shit happens. Just sayin…. Anyway enough of my commentary. The real winner here, besides Stephen, is Facing the Atlantic charity so kudos to them! At least Stephen was able to gain something for all the work he put into the race.

April 16, 2011

Stephen will always be a winner with me. I am so proud of him.

April 17, 2011

I would have loved to see Stephen finish the race but understand why he stepped back. I am sure he took everything into consideration when he did. Plus he won the money for his charity, that was his goal.
    Stephen you were a winner when you started.
    I am looking forward to season 4 and more of your wonderful Bill Compton.

April 17, 2011

I was a little surprised that Stephen was allowed by HBO to do this in the first place since it’s smack in the middle of filming “True Blood”–but since he was, it’s absurd to me that they changed their minds at the last minute. An accident was ALWAYS at least a distinct possibility. He got as far as he did, they should have let him finish it. Oh well, he did great while he could.

April 17, 2011

I am so sorry for Stephen that it came to him pulling out of the final race, but I understand what’s going on, once the flipped car photos got around he had no choice due to the “I will not go snowboarding, skydiving, or flip my race car clause” in his contract. I don’t envy him the pressure he was under leading up to the decision.
    ‘He’s in it to win it’ determination makes me one proud Billsbabe and the #1 pole position stands as does the $15000 charity win for Facing the Atlantic. Stephen’s #1!
    Also thank you Shad and Lynn for the excellent moment to moment coverage of all the racing action.

April 18, 2011

It’s a shame that HBO, who are such great storytellers, didn’t give Stephen the chance to finish this one.