Stephen Moyer says car flip was like a roller coaster ride

Stephen Moyer says car flip was like a roller coaster ride

After accepting the PEOPLE Pole Award, Stephen Moyer was interviewed on the live stream where he tells about how he flipped his car.

On the below TMZ video you can see how Stephen climbs out of the car after the crash.

“Stephen impressed us all this afternoon,” said Les Unger, national motorsports manager with Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A. “The hard work and determination he displayed throughout our training sessions paid off. The commitment and enthusiasm of all the drivers competing in this event demonstrates exactly what the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race is all about.”

“I was really thinking about the charity,” said a happy Moyer at a news conference after the qualifying session. “I’m not as concerned with winning the race as I was about winning today so my charity, Racing for Kids, would get an extra $15,000 donation. It was a surreal experience—it felt like a roller coaster ride when my car flipped.”

Photo credit TMZ, source

Tagged
Shadaliza
Written by Shadaliza

Shadaliza loves the Internet, film and TV shows, writing, running websites and charity fundraising; she has found the perfect combo in the fansites to express her creativity and passion. Shadaliza is Dutch, but has lived in Italy for many years and works as Marketing Executive for an Internet hosting company.

April 15, 2011

Just glad he’s ok. Lucky he only got pole position and not wrapped around a pole position there! It’s not Brand’s Hatch, Steve :D
    Keeping fingers crossed for Jillian and Steve tomorrow

April 15, 2011

The flipped car … so scary. Thank goodness Stephen emerged unscathed. I appreciate the video and the pictures. Congratulations once again to Stephen on the Pole Position win and that wonderful check for his charity.

April 15, 2011

One of the worse sounds is tires screeching and steel crunching and bending. Even though Stephen is in remarkable physical condition he will most likely feel all that jostling in the morning. So very grateful he wasn’t seriously injured. All that and he still won the prize money. What a guy.

April 15, 2011

Not a Bill Compton fan but I am a Stephen Moyer fan and thank God he is alright! I don’t think True Blood could have gone on without him, he is such a great actor and an intrigual part of the show, and Poor Anna would have been devistated I bet she does slap him around when she gets him in private quarters like he said LOL! Congrats Stephen on a job well done, winning and the check for charity you are awesome! And thank heavens your in such fantastic shape but you will feel it in the muscles once your adrenaline starts coming down which will not be so lovely, good reason to get a massage hehehe..

April 16, 2011

Oh my gosh! Congratulations to him on getting pole position, but I hope he gets a good night’s sleep tonight!

April 16, 2011

What a guy!! I am so glad he is OK and that he won Pole position and the cheque! Yes, I would like to be a fly on the wall when Anna gets stuck into him! lol!