The final tallies for the awards began to take shape Sunday afternoon, as many of the top nominees collected kudos at the pre-telecast ceremony at the L.A. Convention Center including the categories in which True Blood was nominated.
Unfortunately, this year True Blood wasn’t a winner.
We still think that True Blood has the best music and should have won. Congratulations to Gary Calamar and Lucinda Williams for their nominations and here’s hope they get more nominations in the future.
The two categories in which True Blood was nominated along with the competition is listed below. The winners are in blue.
Best Compilation Soundtrack Album For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media – Award to the Artist(s) and/or Producer(s) of a majority of the tracks on the album, or, in the absence of either, to the individual(s) actively responsible for the concept and musical direction and for the selection of artists, songs and producers, as applicable.
- CRAZY HEART (Various Artists) [New West Records]
- GLEE: THE MUSIC, VOLUME 1 (Glee Cast) [Columbia Records]
- TREMÉ (Various Artists)[Geffen]
- TRUE BLOOD – VOLUME 2 (Various Artists) [Elektra]
- THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE (Various Artists) [Summit Ent/Chop Shop/Atlantic]
Best Song Written For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media – A Songwriter(s) award. For a song (melody & lyrics) writtenspecifically for a motion picture, television or other visual media, andreleased for the first time during the Eligibility Year. (Artist namesappear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
- DOWN IN NEW ORLEANS (FROM THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG) Randy Newman, songwriter (Dr. John) Track from: The Princess And The Frog [Walt Disney Records; Publisher: Walt Disney Music
- I SEE YOU (FROM AVATAR) Simon Franglen, Kuk Harrell & James Horner, songwriters (Leona Lewis) Track from: Avatar [Fox Music/Atlantic Records; Publishers: Franglen Lupino Music, Horner Music in Motion, Suga Wuga Music, Sony/ATV Harmony & TCF Music]
- KISS LIKE YOUR KISS (FROM TRUE BLOOD) Lucinda Williams, songwriter (Lucinda Williams & Elvis Costello) Track from: True Blood: Music From The HBO Original Series -Volume 2 [Elektra; Publishers: Warner-Tamerlane, Lucy Jones Music]
- THIS CITY (FROM TREMÉ) Steve Earle, songwriter (Steve Earle)Track from: Treme Soundtrack [Geffen; Publisher: Exile On Jones Street Music]
- THE WEARY KIND (FROM CRAZY HEART) Ryan Bingham & T Bone Burnett, songwriters (Ryan Bingham) Track from: Crazy Heart [New West Records; Publishers: Lost Bound Rails Publishing/Henry Burnett Music]