True Blood Featured in Rolling Stone Magazine

True Blood Featured in Rolling Stone Magazine

Wow, this is one hot cover of Rolling Stone. I love that True Blood always pushes the envelope and goes way out their to tantalize our imaginations. This issue of Rolling Stone is available tomorrow on newsstands, and Friday, August 20th online via Rolling Stone’s premium subscription plan.

The following is an excerpt of the article that appears in this issue.

The idea of celibate vampires is ridiculous, True Blood creator Alan Ball says. “To me, vampires are sex,” he says. “I don’t get a vampire story about abstinence. I’m 53. I don’t care about high school students. I find them irritating and uninformed.” On his show, every available orifice is used for intercourse: gay, straight, between humans and supernatural beings, and supernatural being on supernatural being, whether he be werewolf, dog or an enormous Minotaur-looking being called a maenad. None of the sex is quite as good as vampire sex, though, which can happen at the astonishing rhythm of 120 bpm while simultaneously devouring one’s neck and making your eyes roll back into your head. Says Stephen Moyer — who plays Bill Compton, the undead Southern Civil War Veteran — “If we go from a base level, vampires create a hole in the neck where there wasn’t one before. It’s a de-virginization — breaking the hymen, creating blood and then drinking the virginal blood. And there’s something sharp, the fang, which is probing and penetrating and moving into it. So that’s pretty sexy. I think that makes vampires attractive.” He laughs a little. “Plus, Robert Pattinson is just hot, right?”

Photos by Matthew Rolston:

Click on the first and fourth images for a much larger view.

This photo by Doug Hyun, HBO

source: Rolling Stone Magazine

Lynnpd
Written by Lynnpd

Lynnpd has an avid interest in the entertainment industry from classic movies to all things True Blood. With a background in art, she enjoys creating in Photoshop, running web sites and finds the internet an exciting place to be. Lynn lives in the LA area and attends as many Hollywood related events as she can. She has covered events for the both websites in the LA area; read all about it at http://lynnpdexclusives.com.

Dat ass!

August 17, 2010

WOW! WOW! AND MORE WOW! That’s all I can say!!!!!!!!!

Holy guacamole Batman!

A.w.e.s.o.m.e.
    My mother would die if she saw this….good thing she’s not here…

August 17, 2010

I am pretty much speechless.

August 17, 2010

When Stephen was at my apartment, signing the things for the fundraiser, he mentioned this article. I immediately went and subscribed to the magazine. I’m so glad I did. You’re right LISM, Holy guacamole Batman, is what it is!

August 17, 2010

Is it suddenly HOT in here or is it me? That is certainly one eye-catching cover. Well done Rolling Stone!

A.w.e.s.o.m.e.

(I think it deleted my last comment)

August 17, 2010

WOW….that is all I can say right now.

August 17, 2010

A very provocative cover but that’s what True Blood is all about. Love it.

August 17, 2010

Wow. That is quite a cover. LOL. I am thinking that they may only sell that from behind the counter here in the great American midwest.

August 17, 2010

Um, I think I need a moment. ………………. HOLY SH*T!

Damn Alex, why must you tease me so? ;)

Woooo! Extremely hot!
    Looking for the HQ version.

Shazam!

August 17, 2010

Yowza. Maybe they should forget all this Bill vs. Eric stuff and just go the threesome route.

August 17, 2010

I want that Viking right here and now (and every other moment since TB started airing…..). How can his eyes alone be just as sexy as the rest of him? *sigh*

August 17, 2010

I am officially applying for body makeup/blood splatter artist for Stephen.

August 17, 2010

Get in line behind me. Anna and Stephen win the award for best butts in Hollywood.

August 18, 2010

Soooo I am not the only one whose eyes go straight to Stephens beautiful high round lovey bum!! Then its his eyes, those incredibly fierce eyes!
        Stephen you are absolutely gorgeous!
        I want in that line ladies, I can be patient.

Really a lovely threesome.

August 17, 2010

Hot, HOTTER, H O T T E S T!!! I hope I can find this magazine in my small town. THE HUNT WILL BE ON!!!!

August 17, 2010

My only complaint is that I wasn’t the one to strategically apply the blood drops, oh yeah and move Anna out of the way! LOL!

August 17, 2010

Anna is one lucky girl. I love Alex’s hair like this, it’s more natural than the slicked down version on the show and his eyes are amazing. The other picture with them clothed is also very beautiful.

August 17, 2010

There are no words…..there just aren’t! This has to be one of the sexiest and most controversial cover that Rolling Stone will ever put out. What’s better yet is that it’s about OUR show and if I were a betting woman(which I am), the ratings after this will go even higher!! Amen and Aaaaamen.

August 17, 2010

Who has the smelling salts? Must have them, stat!

August 17, 2010

*sighs* Love it! *be’s insanely jealous of Anna* Both men are just… Unnnffff…. Stephen’s bum, wow, and Alex with those eyes and that raised eyebrow… not to mention his “V” lol. day-um.

August 17, 2010

I will echo the sentiments of a fan from another thread….thank you, Rolling Stone, for the new masturbatorial material to go along with my fav show! This cover depicts this show in one great image and will go down as one of the ‘zines most famous, guarantee. I’m buying it, it will sit alongside my Rolling Stone with Mulder and Scully naked in bed on the cover from the nineties. Now I have a set!!!!!!

Yeeeeooowzzzaaaa. Love it love it love it.
    Hope it doesn’t come out later that they were photoshopped together or something-it’ll kill the fantasy.

Can’t wait for more!

August 17, 2010

That cover is SICK!!!!! ( in a good way)
    Rolling Stone really pulled out all the punches for this one!
    Stephen’s bum- AWESOME!

August 17, 2010

Wow. very nice! Well done! Fun to show the body’s beauty even in this way.
    And what bodys and what beauties! All three!

August 18, 2010

Oh my stars! When I heard they were going to be on the cover of Rolling Stone I guessed “Anna, Stephen and Alex covered in blood”, but no way did I think NAKED!

When oh when does this come out in England?!

August 18, 2010

I am getting a bit happy thinking about a ” dark haird vampire” devirginalizing me.. happy dreams tonight. ;)

August 22, 2010

Im just loving this season and have read all the books, im 55 so quite old to be a fan, but hey i just adore the whole gang, Rolling Stone magazine cover is fabulous.Way to go………..

August 30, 2010

Please be advised, on the date of 8/21/10 at 3pm EST, I was buying school supplies at the Brandon Town Center location in Florida, and as I was at the check out counter and I noticed the new “Rolling Stones magazine”It was at the front of the check out counter…EYE LEVEL for toddlers to 6 year olds!!!!!!!
    The cover depicts two naked men grabbing a naked woman in an inappropriate manner while they are all covered in blood. What brought a tear to my eye was that there were multiple children in the store, being that it was the weekend before school, and there was children journals for sale directly above the magazine.
    I have nothing against the magazine or the show that was being advertised, but this should not have been displayed for children to see so easily. Adults have all the freedom to do as to their will, but this is not appropriate for children. I will do all within my power to notify as many Parents, State officials, and Journalist until this issue is resolved.
    I drove over 100 miles to view the Barnes and Noble in Hillsborough county ….ALL of the magazines were located right at the check out counter approximately 3 feet off the ground, EYE Level to 2-6 year olds.
    I spoke to every Manager on Duty and everyone seemed embarrassed and complied immediately and took down the magazines and were very polite and respectful.
    How would you like it if your 4-6 year old child picked up this magazine and asked you about the picture?

For the record, other book stores that I had visited had the magazines either behind the counter (not in view for children) or hidden.

September 07, 2010

Wow, I am really amazed at all the people who love this cover.

I think it’s totally distasteful and thankfully I will NOT be renewing my Rolling Stone subscription. While I realize that RS covers have become more risque as of recent, I think this one is the nail in the coffin for me.

Controversy sells but I’m not buying the magazine or whatever kind of show True Blood is.

September 08, 2010

Agree 100% with you Rycher…Unfortunately, the standards are at an extreme *LOW* in our world, and it is quite sad when evil can replace true art! I am still protesting the PLACEMENT of how it was advertised at Barnes and Noble. EYE level to babies. If RS wants to corrupt adults…. gOOOOooo for it… but I will *FIGHT* for innocent children. So far, many Senators feel the same way, and the Governor of FL is looking into how it was Inappropriately advertised… I think the coffin did get nailed and I look forward to new Censor Laws.

December 16, 2010

Is there anyway we can get rid of these trolls?

December 16, 2010

We encourage free speech… for better or for worse…

November 24, 2011

I agree Luna.

We are on this site because we are fans! If
        you not a fan and want to complain then do it somewhere else!

Besides, if a 2-6 year old knows whats cooking in that picture
        then that the parents them selves fault not the Mags.

My 3 year old wont even give it a second glance. If I had to have reacted to it then he would notice it. You making a big deal about nothing!

December 16, 2010

Wow, I find extremely funny how the two people above me are dissing True Blood, on a True Blood fan site. If you don’t like TB or the RS cover, then why are you on the website in the first place? You are either trolls, or have no sense of direction. Please take your negative comments somewhere else, and let us True Blood fans enjoy this website without running into idiots like you.

January 03, 2012

My only complaint about this cover is it wasn’t available in Australia.