Vault Exclusive: Stephen Moyer and Alexander Skarsgård on True Blood Season 5 Set

Last night, two friends and I drove to the set of the night’s shooting of True Blood and we were lucky enough to see our favorite vampires, Alexander Skarsgård (Eric Northman) and Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton).  Both men were so wonderfully nice to us and we are very grateful for the attention. Read our story below.

It was a cold and dark night and we had no idea who might be at the set, but we decided to go because, since it was a night shoot, we thought it might include our favorite vampires, Alexander Skarsgård and Stephen Moyer.  For most of the night we were cold and sad because it was an extremely closed set and we feared we wouldn’t get a chance to even know if they were there or, if they were there, whether we would even get an opportunity to see them or not.

We arrived to find an extremely industrial, unfriendly site at about 6pm. We drove around looking for sightings of our vampires or to see what might be happening. We knew early on that we probably wouldn’t see any filming because the security was too tight. We spoke to a guard and were permitted to see part of the shooting, but only from far away. I won’t give away any spoilers here guys, because we really didn’t go there to get any secrets, but I can tell you what we saw included a big “Kaboom“.  After that, at about 10:30 or so,  we walked back to our car trying to decide what else to do since we weren’t permitted to get close enough to see any of the filming properly.

It was late now, after 11pm and we had been sitting in our car for a while, which was parked by the stars trailers trying to decide what to do next. We sat debating whether to leave or stay and just then, Christy spotted Alexander Skarsgård coming out of his trailer. OMG, we all ran out of her car and went up to the fence calling to him. He immediately saw us and came right over. Christy had a poster from Straw Dogs that she wanted Alex to sign and he was more than willing to do so. However, there was about a 15 foot high fence between them. She asked him if he wouldn’t mind walking down to the catering trailer where she knew there was a gate where she could slide the poster through. We ran down there and met Alex. Christy slid her poster in the slit between the gate and the fence, but luck would have it, the gate was unlocked so we opened it and we therefore, were able to talk to him and get photos. Alex was so nice and happily signed the poster in Swedish writing, Kram Christy! (Hugs Christy!). Then, they asked if he would pose for a photo and he gladly did.

We all noticed that Alex, our vampire Sheriff, had a beard.  We all thought that was rather strange because we all know that vampires can’t “grow hair”, or can they?  Are we to see a bearded Eric in Season 5?

I managed to film most of this, see photos and my video below.

Then, Alex left to get his dinner and go back to his trailer.  We walked back to the car with Christy and M’Lou very jubilant that they had seen Alex, gotten autographs and photos.

One vampire down, but still one to go.  If Alex was on set, Stephen must also be there. I decided that drastic measures were necessary as it was now getting pretty late. I decided to break my rule and took a chance and texted Stephen saying that we were on the set and had just seen Alex. I asked if he was on the set, too and, if so, I’d love to say “hi”.  If not, we wouldn’t stay.  He immediately wrote back and in no time we were back at the gate seeing Stephen Moyer live in a Henley, no less.

Stephen chatted with us, posed for photos and signed a True Blood script for Christy. He and I spoke about Bertie and James who are the two men of Facing the Atlantic, one of our charities. Stephen’s best friend, Bertie Portal and his friend, James Cash took off earlier this week for their two man row across the Atlantic Ocean, but after two days out they had to be towed back to the island to repair their boat’s broken power supply.  We discussed that they were back in La Gomera, but that they were hopeful that once the boat was repaired to set off again soon. This morning, we learned from them that indeed they will start again tomorrow morning. Read more about it here. By this time, the makeup people were calling Stephen so he had to leave, or I think he might have stayed and chatted even longer.

Below are photos of Christy and M’lou with Steve.

I joke all the time about not being able to take a good photo and so after Christy realised that my eyes were closed in the first photo she took of me with Steve, we posed for a second one. This time both she and M’Lou were shouting to me, “keep your eyes open” and I sure did. So, now I have one photo with Stephen where my eyes are closed and one where I look all “bug eyed.” However, I like the photos and we all had a good laugh about it.

So, as he left, we floated (and I mean floated) back to our car. By then, it was very late and we decided it was time to go. We were all so excited and thrilled by our adventure and went out to eat a well deserved meal before heading home late in the night.

My only regret is that I didn’t get a photo with Alex, but I know I will sometime!

A huge thank you to Alex and Steve for being so gracious and kind by spending time with us. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, the True Blood people are simply awesome and I can’t wait for Season 5!

Thanks to Christy and M’Lou for sharing their photos and allowing me to include them in my story.

Lynnpd
Lynnpd has an avid interest in the entertainment industry from classic movies to all things True Blood. With a background in art, she enjoys creating in Photoshop, running web sites and finds the internet an exciting place to be. Lynn lives in the LA area and attends as many Hollywood related events as she can. She has covered events for the both websites in the LA area; read all about it at http://lynnpdexclusives.com.
Lynnpd
Lynnpd
Lynnpd
Written by Lynnpd

December 08, 2011

Exactly has I remember it. Thanks so much Lynn!

December 08, 2011

WOW! Great job ladies! Hmm… Eric has a beard, can’t wait for season five to start. Nice seeing Bill in a henly again too!

December 08, 2011

lucky, lucky girls. why is this site reminiscent of where russell was buried? idk. so nice of them to chat with you guys.
    looks like the vampires will be put thru the wringer in s5.

Nice!

December 08, 2011

Thanks, Lynn, M’Lou and Christy. Appreciate the pics, the video and the story. Well done, ladies. And kudos to Alex and Stephen for being so sweet and accommodating.

December 08, 2011

Stepen and Alex are so sweet and gracious to their fans! I’m really glad for you gals!

December 08, 2011

if I were there the pic would be of stephen holding me up because my legs would have turned to rubber oh it looks like it was worth the wait wow i am sooooo envious and glad for you all.

December 08, 2011

Lynn, you and your buddies lead charmed lives! How awesome, and I love that both were so obliging and sweet. I’m already in love with season 5 – dirty hot Bill in a trademark henley? Yes, plz!!

December 08, 2011

Thanks Lynn, Christy and M’Lou for sharing with us.
    Long time no vampires. lol
    Lovely gracious men to their fans.

Oh my stars, Stephen has his vamp on. There’s Bill in a form fitting henley again. {{{{shivers}}}}

December 08, 2011

Thank-you very much for sharing this wonderful experience with us, your patience paid off.

December 08, 2011

Thank you Lynn, M’Lou, and Christy for sharing this most awesome set visit. The pics and vids are great.

Even bigger thanks to Steve and Alex for being so accommodating!!

December 08, 2011

Oh missed seeing Alex pics. Jealous!! Thanks so much for sharing :)

December 08, 2011

What a cool story. Regarding Alex’s beard, I think the TB vamps can grow hair, and Steve also said in another interview that Eric would have a new look next season. A beard just doesn’t seem very ‘Eric’ though, lol. Maybe he’ll be harking back to his Viking roots?

December 09, 2011

Hello Jess,

I am just curious about the “new look” Eric will have this season. I truly hope its hot. Because I gotta tell you, he did not look very hot last night. I love the clean shaven, shorter hair Eric. Jess, do you recall what interview this was? Is it on this website?

December 08, 2011

Alex was gorgeous… and gracious as always. mmmm… Steve too. lol I’m a die hard Eric fan… no gettin’ ’round it!

December 08, 2011

Many thanks to the luckiest girls in town – Lynn, Christy and M’Lou. I’m happy you shared your story with us. The pics, vid and the story are great and I’m excited now for season 5!

So jealous,lucky ladies!

Ooh-La-La Bill’s lookin’ mighty tasty in his henley! Sigh… Wish i could say the same about Eric in his beard (Shrug).

Still, I’m pretty psyched about S5!… I miss my Vamps!

Thanxs for sharing.

December 08, 2011

OH MY GOD A HENLEY!!! AND A BEARD!!!

Well done Lynn, you’ve got the scoop on the first on-set season five photos!

December 09, 2011

Oh, my jealousy, be silent!
    Thank you, ladies, it was outstanding.

December 09, 2011

Thank God Bill’s back in the Henley.

December 09, 2011

Thanks ladies for sharing your nocturnal TB set adventure with us, wonderful pictures and video….. S5 Bill in a his skin tight Henley and Eric with a sexy beard, I can tell S5 will be great!

December 09, 2011

Oh wow…damn, Stephen looks awesome!!! and a henley to boot. sweet.
    Not liking Alex’s beard….interesting….

December 09, 2011

in the book they cant grow hair but in the series they said it can grow and change styles…otherwise Alex would b wearing that awful wig till today

December 09, 2011

dja, I may be wrong, but I thought that they could cut his hair, but I don’t remember them saying they could grow hair. However, you’re right the show seems to change things up in this direction, so could be. I hope they will at least explain why he has the beard.

December 10, 2011

well, Eric had short hair in the 40’s flashback, and then he had long hair again when he first met Sookie, so I guess the hair just grows same as in humans….

About the beard, I think it’s pretty unlikely he’ll have one on the show. If the season starts right where it stopped last year, and it will,then how is he supposed to grow a beard in minutes/hours?
        It’s not like they are forced to write it in, so it’s either on purpose and will be explained, or he just wasn’t shooting yet.
        I know for sure he has a beard in his latest role so it was probably a leftover from that…

December 10, 2011

I think you have some good points and you could be right, but when we saw him Wednesday night, he was “on the set” and still had his beard, so that’s why we were wondering. It could be that right after we saw him he went to makeup and they shaved him, but who knows. However, its fun to speculate.

December 09, 2011

Tasty Stephen Moyer is back and looking mighty hot. Yes in deedie.
    The man should be under contract to wear Henleys only.
    No one wears them better.

December 09, 2011

i wonder if the car blowing up is someone getting rid of Debbie Pelt’s body?

December 12, 2011

Thanks for sharing, glad you got to meet them both. Both vamps looking might fine, especially Bill in his Henley

December 19, 2011

Didn’t care for the awful wig Alexander S. had to wear at beginnig of True Blood but the beard doesn’t bother me. If you go back to the first shows you will see that he had that unshaven look so many of the guys wear. Not quite a full beard but not clean shaven. I like the clean shaven look but not the quite so short hair. That’s what makes the world go round, tho, all of us having different things we like and don’t like. But at least we all agree that Alexander and Stephen are our favorite vampires.