Lynnpd
Written by Lynnpd

Lynnpd has an avid interest in the entertainment industry from classic movies to all things True Blood. With a background in art, she enjoys creating in Photoshop, running web sites and finds the internet an exciting place to be. Lynn lives in the LA area and attends as many Hollywood related events as she can. She has covered events for the both websites in the LA area; read all about it at http://lynnpdexclusives.com.

June 27, 2010

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…………………

June 27, 2010

Love everything except his name is not said like Alseeed it’s Alcee

June 27, 2010

Alcide Herveaux and Alcee Beck are two different characters.

June 28, 2010

Actually, according to “Club Dead” (see page 57), Alcide is pronounced “Al-see, with the d barely sounded.”

I believe ‘Alcee’ is pronounced Al-say, but I haven’t looked it up so I could be mistaken.

June 28, 2010

Well now, if someone complained every time something on True Blood was different from the way it was in the books, well that would be pretty pointless and redundant.

June 28, 2010

Pointless and redundant? Wow. Ouch. I hadn’t meant to complain…about anything. I was only trying to share a bit of info re: what Charlaine has written on the subject.

June 28, 2010

lehlsis is correct in the Club Dead quote, so it sounds like Alsee(d) with the d as an afterthought.

June 28, 2010

ALCIDE HERVEAUX’S NAME IS PRONOUNCED ALCEE. IN THE BOOK IT TELLS YOU HOW TO SAY IT.

June 27, 2010

Good lord he is an attractive man. Can’t wait to see what they do with him on the show.

June 27, 2010

What a fantastic episode tonight. I really felt for Bill. Lorena is a bitch.! Love to hate her. Love to see Alcide turn into a were. Pam looked like a gynocologist tonight. lmao!

June 28, 2010

Lorena is a bitch and she is sadly obsessed with Bill, but that isnt an excuse for what Bill did to her during the sex, not to mention he cheated on Sookie when he didnt have to. He channeled his hate for Lorena into abusive hate sex, and i dont see how thats okay. His plight with Russell was definitely sympathetic, and i understand he swore fealty to him to protect Sookie, but Russell told Lorena Sookie was off limits after and Bill is released from Lorena. I dont think its okay to excuse abusive behavior. It was verbally abusive on Lorenas part before the sex, but Bills reaction was over the top.

June 28, 2010

My dearest Ashley, trust me, I totally totally agree with you! When I felt sorry for Bill was the flashbacks of his wife and son! Naughty Bill! Dark and twisted just like Lorena’s neck!

June 27, 2010

I hpoe they at least try and foolow the book for once

June 27, 2010

Welcome Joe. I like what we have seen of you so far.

June 27, 2010

Alcide is like a Greek God, with a body to die for. Dark hair, and so forth, hehehehehehe

This episode was fantastic. Love ya, Bill Compton, although that last scene was, oh well, vampire like. Ummmmm, heck those two are vamps, go figure. Again hello “Greek God” – JM

Alcide=YUM!!!!

June 28, 2010

Can we just say woof..woof..and get our point across??????? This man is HOT and I feel will be a great asset to the show. This was perfectly cast…Thanks Alan Ball!

June 28, 2010

Tall and dark Nice, Perfect Alcide or Alcie or Alciddde or Alcieee care less is just a book not written in stone! let the man build his own Persona is call acting.

June 28, 2010

WOW this guy is hot! and tanned! makes a nice change lol

June 28, 2010

Welcome to Mr. Herveaux. He can be my escort any day of the week.

June 28, 2010

I cannot wait to see this man with fewer clothes on. He is simply scrumptious! His voice makes me into a blob of complete idiocy that can’t climb her way out of a wolfs den. Clearly I didn’t see enough. If they could’ve cut some of the Jason exam and gave a class on how to deal with my new obsession… Yummo!

June 28, 2010

Joe’s definitely given me one more reason to love this show. I don’t know about y’all, but I thought his introductory performance was stellar. He was everything I hoped he’d be in portraying Alcide. Even though his scenes were all too brief, Alcide’s determination, bravery, and loyalty were clearly represented. I also loved the glimpses of his animal nature. Can’t wait to see ‘9 Crimes’, as it looks as if we’ll see even more of his wolfie-ness.

I also enjoyed Anna’s interaction with him, especially their first scene together when in a short stretch of seconds, she goes from fighting him to looking up at him with such awe and admiration. Loved, loved, loved that little spark-y bit of chemistry.

If only July 11th could be tomorrow!

July 01, 2010

A Mariana Klaveno interview from nypost website about the Bill and Lorena sex scene:

“PW: How was it written out in the script?
    Mariana: I believe it was actually Alan [Ball]’s idea – and it was scripted quite matter of factly. It said, “Bill throws Lorena on the bed, they start having sex and he takes her head and starts to twist it around [laughs] until it’s completely the other way.” But while we were filming it, the scene became far more intense. We added the blood, which wasn’t in the script, and it became far more violent. More like a rape scene actually. Which of course makes it all the more disturbing when you hear Lorena’s line.

There’s a part of her that wants to call Bill out as a hypocrite – she doesn’t buy that he’s as innocent as he claims to be. There’s a part of him that likes and wants the darkness, the violence and the blood.”

July 11, 2010

Joe Maganiello is doing such a great job as Alcide. I couldn’t imagine anyone else playing the part of Alcide. Oh! and how hot is Alcide…OMG,what a fine looking man, love the facial hair and I hate facial hair on men, that’s how hot this guy is.