What is your favorite True Blood Season 3 episode?

What is your favorite True Blood Season 3 episode?

We’ve had some time to think and rethink all the season 3 events and storylines and decide which are favorite scenes, characters and episodes.

All the episodes this year were packed full with intrigue, action and supernatural beings and it might be difficult to pick your favorite out of a list of titles. To refresh your memory you can revisit all the episodes in our Season 3 Episode Guide and then make your judgement.

You can pick up to 3 favorite episodes.

What is your favorite True Blood Season 3 episode?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Shadaliza
Written by Shadaliza

Shadaliza loves the Internet, film and TV shows, writing, running websites and charity fundraising; she has found the perfect combo in the fansites to express her creativity and passion. Shadaliza is Dutch, but has lived in Italy for many years and works as Marketing Executive for an Internet hosting company.

September 15, 2010

It was hard to pick a favorite because as of right now I didn’t love this season because I didn’t like any of the story lines except Sookie/Bill/Eric/Alcide. I just liked moments from the season, not episodes. I also find it hard to distinctly separate the episodes in my mind when looking back, which was not the case with season 1 or the beginning of season 2. I think that Ball needs to work to keep Sookie at the forefront of the episodes and not take so much time away from her.. she’s the main character.
    I remember I was dissatisfied with season 2 when it was over and ended up liking the first 9 episodes when I re-watched it, but I just don’t see that happening with this season. I feel there will be alot of episodes where I skip over some part *cough Jason and Crystal cough* in order to get to the parts I enjoyed.
    I ended up choosing episode 10, an episode that alot of fans said they didn’t like but is ranking #2 in votes at the moment? It felt alot more like past seasons and was the best episode as a whole for me.

How do you guys feel? Are you with me on the thought that the season really only had good moments, not good episodes?

September 15, 2010

I’ll have to review which episode was which–it’s a bit of a jumble in my mind at the moment. But I remember so often this season as an episode ended, thinking, “that was GREAT! I thought last week’s was great but this was even better!” I agree, Danielle, there were moments that will become my fast-forward points when I re-watch – like Jason and Crystal, I agree with you there. But the good moments sometimes made the episode. The one (ep. 5 I think?) when Bill appeared in front of Sookie at Alcide’s apartment at the end of the episode after their long separation–wow! It was just a minute at the end of the episode, but that scene made it an instant favorite for me (Bill lover here). So you’re right about great moments sometimes squeezed in between lesser ones, but that’s the nature of a show with so many characters and storylines.
      Overall I thought it was a great season; the intensity definitely waned toward the end–and yes, some storylines outshone others–but all in all I thought it was stellar. It ended on a sad note for me (Bill, get yourself to a Liars Anonymous meeting), so that sort of colors my view. In fact it will be interesting to go back and watch, knowing how it all ended.

September 19, 2010

Mayconb, I’m with you in loving the last minute of espite 5 when Bill appears from behind Alcide. I swear my heart leap in my chest as if he had walked into my own living room!
        I also loved the hospital break up scene and the crazy make-up sex at the end.
        I, too, felt it waned at the end. Too many sub-plots and boring human stories.
        I still love Bill though. Yes, he manulipated Sookie from the start, but there’s no doubt that he is totally and completely in love with her.

September 15, 2010

I’m agree, I vote for crimes, but when i go back I can’t remember an episode like a chapter in the book, and I too skip some parts when I re-watch the episodes because I can’t stand the human drama and the other shifter-were/animals, I really only wanted to see Sookie with Eric and the breakup with Bill, I know that everyone on this page have been captivated by Bill, but I really didn’t like him. Anyhow yes, Night on the Sun has it all. And I´ll be waiting for the next season, this is my favorite show.

September 15, 2010

I’ll have to think on this a bit. I’m rather pressed for time now. Being a Bill fan, most anything that involved him was good by me. However, I’m still having some difficulty with the Ratts’ revelation in the finale. Right now that is looming large in my head.

I shall return. Count on it.

September 17, 2010

I’m shocked so many people didn’t see that coming; it was a surprise in no way to me. Because Ball had so many scenes this season where people told Sookie not to trust Bill, I’m kinda surprised they waited to the finale to reveal that he hadn’t been honest because it was completely apparent to me that he had gone after her because of Sophie-Anne and created a situation where she would want him. Now, I do believe he truly loves her, but he has gone about it all wrong. I hope that they actually play this out and make Sookie take alot of time away from Bill instead of just going right back to him like they did earlier in the season.

September 15, 2010

For me epiosde 8 stands out. Action packed, well written and hands down the best sex scene ever on True Blood!

September 15, 2010

Favorite episodes and some fav scenes within them. I’ll have to go with …

6. I Got a Right to Sing the Blues … Lorena’s torture of Bill was difficult to watch, but Mariana and Stephen were amazing in those scenes; Tara’s and Sookie’s escape from the mansion; Russell’s proposal to SA; Sookie’s declaration of love for Bill and promise to get him out of the barn.

7. Hitting the Ground … the Lorena staking, Debbie’s arrival; Coot’s death; escape in Alcide’s van, Bill’s feeding on Sookie and then saving her life by giving her his blood; RE’s killing the magister.

8. Night on the Sun … Bill’s and Sookie’s break up hospital talk; Debbie’s and Sookie’s b****h fight; Jessica and Bill practicing her fighting; the hot sex between Bill and Sookie that concluded the episode.

September 15, 2010

I voted for It Hurts Me Too. That episode had some seriously amazing stuff in it. Flashbacks of Bill visiting Caroline and his pledge of loyalty to Russell, Franklin meeting Jessica, Sookie and Tara sharing a touching moment at Eggs’ funeral, Sheriff Bud completely losing it, Alcide’s first appearance, and a hilarious scene between Eric and Laffy. Oh, and some really weird twisted sex!

September 15, 2010

I don’t know if I have a favourite episode – just loved all the Bill scenes and the Bill and Sookie moments ie Alcide’s flat, Vampire sex and hot shower scene.

I actually enjoyed the episode where Bill went to procure the Stripper. I loved Stephen in that scene.

September 16, 2010

9 crimes is the episode with the stripper.

September 16, 2010

Actually I lloved every episode this season apart from the finale! These three stand out for me:

3. “It Hurts Me Too” – Sookie and Eric bury a werewolf, Jessica calls Pam for body disposal advice, Jason decides to be a cop, Bill’s devestating flashback to his visit to his wife, Hank’s headless body is found, Bill pretends to defect to Mississippi, Alcide arrives, Eric gives Lafayette a car, Franklin visits Jessica with Hank’s head, Lou Pines, Bill and Lorena have head twisty sex.

6. “I Got A Right To Sing The Blues” – Russell has Sookie and Bill captive, Jessica feeds from a Merlotte’s customer, Russell questions Sookie and reveals Bill’s file, Lorena tortures Bill, Tara drinks from Franklin then bashes his head in with a mace, Eric and Talbot flirt, Lafayette and Jesus beat up the Hotshot dealers, Russell proposes to Sophie-Anne, Debbie and Coot drink Bill’s blood, Sookie and Tara try to save Bill but Sookie is bitten by Lorena.

8. “Night On The Sun” – Sookie awakes from her coma and Bill breaks up with her, Debbie swears revenge on Sookie, Arlene has a nightmare about Rene, Bill releases Jessica but she doesn’t want to leave him, Jason wants to press charges against Bill but Sookie defends him, Sam banishes his parents, Lafayette’s awesome mother shows up at his house, Sookie and Alcide have a tender moment when he leaves, Crystal leaves Felton to be with Jason, Eric sends Hadley to warn Sookie, Tommy picks a fight with Hoyt, Bill teaches Jessica some ninja vampire skills, Sam and Tommy square up to Calvin and Felton, Jason finds a weird man-beast in Hotshot, Bill and Jessica fight off the wolves, Sookie fights Debbie, Bill gives himself up to Russell to save Sookie and Jessica, Eric sleeps with Talbot and kills him, Sookie and Bill have rough sex in the wrecked bedroom.

September 16, 2010

For me just loved the episodes with bill and sookie!! and when sookie killed lorena!! yea it was wonderful!! Ahh and the sex scenes!! ja je! The shower scene too after the good sex!!

September 17, 2010

Episode 2 with Eric and Sookie on her front porch and he opens up to her.

September 17, 2010

#1. Night on the Sun – this line says it all from Bill “I want you lie in the sunlight, have children, grow old with someone….. and I cannot give it to you, I love you Sookie Stackhouse and I will love you forever.” Followed by the sort of make-up dirty, no holding back sex. Wow!

2. Everything is Broken – what a shower scene. I really needed that!

3. 9 Crimes – Destiny/Camilla/Anne’s ” I know the truth about love, it’s a hell I’ll never get out of alive”. Bill “No one does”. Bill in black *thud*.

There were many great scenes with Eric and othesr too, but I’m a Billophile so I will stick to his stuff.

September 17, 2010

“Billophile” – love it!

September 21, 2010

The introduction of Alcide,Eggs being buried,maybe the last of Deerborn,and some head turning sex. This episode was a turning point in HBO tv. Helped make TrueBlood a household name. This show will be, if not already, more popular than The Sopranos.I’m in count down mode already for season 4.

October 04, 2010

It is hard to pick a favorite episode because season wasn’t the best. I would have to pick anything that had the main story of Bill and Eric and Sookie. I like any scene that had Russel in it since he was so incredibly sinister. Dennis O`Hare acts him spot on. especially in the famous televised broadcast.